should i buy la noire

40 replies to this topic
Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Have you played RDR? if no, then get that, it's one of the best game i've ever played! If you have RDR then..yeah..you can get LA Noire, nice story, boring mini games, huge map and it has great graphics.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Skyrim will last you until Gta V and after so I'd suggest a little game (which will last you a bit aswell) like FarCry3

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

People use the appropriate forums for non-GTA V chat. Moved to Gaming Chat.

NightMen
  • NightMen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Just played L.A. Noire again, long ago I played it. Great game. I've finished the storyline, only 11 cars left to drive and got to find all the film reels. If you haven't played it, buy it. Same for RDR, Max Payne 3 and Mafia 2 wink.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

You don't thave to buy it before GTA V, but definetely buy it. It's such an underrated gem.

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

LA Noire is a pretty good game, had a nice story to it, but don't expect it to be similar to GTA, because it's not. You don't have the freedom in LA Noire like you do in GTA. Plus the game is a bit short. I was able to hit 100% completion in just two weeks, or 24 hours played. For the price it's at now though I would recommend it.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I play Skyrim and I like it. L.A. Noire is on my shelf and played once. Red Dead has been played several times over, just because I love the graphics this that and the other thing and I like to get a poker game in now and then.

I am downloading Driver San Francisco because there is character switching and that looks intriguing as hell and should hold me over.

L.A. Noire didn't float my boat as much as I thought it would. And Driver has a detective story line to it. Not to mention switching from protag to antag. I am curious about that blank spot on the switching ring for GTAV and I am thinking that it isn't multiplayer, why would it be. But a fourth person that you recruit. Or maybe play as Michaels son.

Anyway should you buy LA Noire? Keep shopping there may be something better.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (ScotchMouth @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 16:27)
The game itself got old quick. The map is huge but essentialy useless with nothing to do. It is quite cheap but.... I really can't recommend it

Have to say that I agree. The game was a great exercise in technical techniques, but a pretty large failure gameplay wise.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Get LA Noire. The story will keep you occupied for a while, especially if you find all clues and complete the cases 100%.

Nowheretopark
  • Nowheretopark

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

L.A. Noire was a good game, I played it straight through to the end, an awesome story, I would recommend it.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

LA Noire is a very unique game and one that we'll look back on as a landmark in years to come... but as people have said there's very little outside the single-player story. Free roam gets tired very quickly... but everyone should play it it at least once wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users