Photo

Wouldnt it make sense if GTA V started a new

38 replies to this topic
Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:59)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 06:46)
Imagine having to write a new story in Liberty City and having to make it fit with the previous stuff that already happened in GTA III and make it all make sense. So to avoid all the problems they said ... hey this is new universe.

Actually that would be incredibly simple to have it make sense.

It wouldn't make sense because it is an entirely different map. The things that Claude or Tony had to do in the III era wouldn't be the same in the HD era. Sure, theres some buildings that are the same but the entire city structure is much, much different. Hell, the airports are opposite to eachother. It just doesn't work having the same city twice in the same universe, if the structure isn't the same.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I first assumed they would start anew seeing as the game is called GTA V, R* however said that is the same universe as GTA IV.

Zorenic
  • Zorenic

I'll have a number nine.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:08)
I first assumed they would start anew seeing as the game is called GTA V, R* however said that is the same universe as GTA IV.

It's just stupid that this is the case.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:43)
QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:38)
I don't know.  for me it makes sense.  Whereas the GTA III was about the trilogy - LC/VC/SA, and more focused on playing GTA in a 3d world, GTA IV was 100% focused on an HD Liberty City.  It's become location specific.  This makes GTA V defined by Los Santos and the surrounding countryside as well as three protagonists, which is the main reason it has a "V" instead of being called Grand Theft Auto IV: Los Santos.  GTA VI will likely be HD Vice City.  It won't be until GTA VII that we might see a new "universe".  By GTA VII (10+ years from now) there will be the next level of HD - Ultra HD and that will be the first Ultra HD GTA.

But what is the difference between HD and Ultra HD? Apart from the "resolution" ?

Scale, Detail.

The whole of Los Santos in GTA San Andreas can probably fit in the Vinewood Hills of GTA V's Los Santos.

Since locations in GTA games are repeatedly revisited it makes the different "universes" obvious. Compare GTA 1's San Andreas to San Andreas to GTA V.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 16:37)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 16:34)
QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:09)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 15:21)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 14:41)
The whole universe thing is retarded in my opinion, a lazy attempt from Rockstar. I mean why not have one huge universe? "Buildings wouldn't realistically improve like that 1!1!!!1", yeah, okay.

It's the complete opposite of lazy and makes good sense. The lazy thing to do would be to reuse old cities and characters.

Why do you bother explaining anything to that guy ? He's going on his R* hating tirade and when someone disagrees with his opinion he starts insulting people.

I'm really holding myself not to insult you, but f*ck off, you've been reported for constantly trying to provoke me.

You know what, just ban me from this f*cking forum, people who talk about Rockstar in a negative way can't have a f*cking break, just f*cking ban me, IP ban me, range IP ban me, whatever.

I am just getting sick of seeing retarded kids being allowed on this forum and they keep on dragging you and f*ckign dragging you down with their sh*tty posts and whatnot, if you're trying to be nice they f*cking insult you, if you're trying to be a jackass you're f*cking bombarded with insults, I don't even know what the f*ck am I doing here.

I respect everyone who is acting mature, everyone, y'all deserve a medal.

But people like Nikof*cker1993 is getting on my nerves everytime he quotes my posts and tries to provoke me, and no f*cking one is doing something against him, just f*cking ban me already.

Perhaps if you didn't swear every other word and actually took the time to make a logical, coherent argument you'd be taken more seriously. As it is you come across as a complete jackass.

Thanks for quoting his post so i can see what he said .
To Happyness , dude maybe you should take a chill pill or something before you have a heart attack here . Seriously, getting so mad over comments on a freaking board ? You're only proving my point that you make criticisms but you can't receive them . Maybe you should learn from your namesake and be more happy ! smile.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by jamieleng, 26 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 08:57)
The whole universe thing is retarded in my opinion, a lazy attempt from Rockstar. I mean why not have one huge universe? "Buildings wouldn't realistically improve like that 1!1!!!1", yeah, okay.

Because it would cost hundreds of trillions of dollars to completely re-landscape 1992's San Andreas & demolish, then rebuild Los Santos so it would look like 2013's map. Otherwise, how are you going to explain away the differences between the maps? Or maybe that's how the West got into financial troubles.

See how ludicrous that paragraph above sounds? Well, that's how ridiculously retarded your reasoning is.

Anyway, they went back to Liberty City for IV's location, because the new hardware gave them the ability to 'do it properly'. In other words a faithful & believable recreation of NY City, which still hasn't been surpassed. V is still on this generation, so while it is a major leap forward in features, it is still restricted by the hardware. They may or may not create a new universe next gen.

I believe this will be the final universe, unless they remake Liberty City again, which I highly doubt. I'm expecting all brand new cities in the future GTAs such as SF, LV, a couple other famous American cities, but not Vice City as it wouldn't work outside of the 80s.

Yeah, I agree. If they keep this universe for next-gen, then GTA VI might not take as long to develop. Unfortunately, I also agree with you about a GTA set in modern day Vice City.

@Happyness

I've never been involved in a feud during the 5 years I've been here & I'd like to keep it that way. When the majority of people in a forum (or in the real world) are disagreeing with you, then you have to take a step back & take an objective look at what you have wrote. You see, I know when I'm being an arsehole & I can admit to being wrong. If someone can never admit to being in the wrong, then they consider themselves perfect & only narcissists think they are perfect.

In future, if I disagree with something you've said, then I'll respond with less vitriol & be a little more diplomatic with my words.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:24)

Because it would cost hundreds of trillions of dollars to completely re-landscape 1992's San Andreas & demolish, then rebuild Los Santos so it would look like 2013's map. Otherwise, how are you going to explain away the differences between the maps? Or maybe that's how the West got into financial troubles.

See how ludicrous that paragraph above sounds? Well, that's how ridiculously retarded your reasoning is.

Anyway, they went back to Liberty City for IV's location, because the new hardware gave them the ability to 'do it properly'. In other words a faithful & believable recreation of NY City, which still hasn't been surpassed. V is still on this generation, so while it is a major leap forward in features, it is still restricted by the hardware. They may or may not create a new universe next gen.

I believe this will be the final universe, unless they remake Liberty City again, which I highly doubt. I'm expecting all brand new cities in the future GTAs such as SF, LV, a couple other famous American cities, but not Vice City as it wouldn't work outside of the 80s.

Yeah, I agree. If they keep this universe for next-gen, then GTA VI might not take as long to develop. Unfortunately, I also agree with you about a GTA set in modern day Vice City.

@Happyness

I've never been involved in a feud during the 5 years I've been here & I'd like to keep it that way. When the majority of people in a forum (or in the real world) are disagreeing with you, then you have to take a step back & take an objective look at what you have wrote. You see, I know when I'm being an arsehole & I can admit to being wrong. If someone can never admit to being in the wrong, then they consider themselves perfect & only narcissists think they are perfect.

In future, if I disagree with something you've said, then I'll respond with less vitriol & be a little more diplomatic with my words.

You see, when I am being wrong I admit it and I apologize to people, you can find many many examples when I've done it in this forum. Sure I sh*t-post sometimes, it happens with EVERYONE, including with ME and YOU and others. But the way you reply to me just gets on my nerves, instead of being an arsehole (sorry, but it had to be said), you could just calmly respond and tell me where I am wrong, but all the replies that you replied to me they were hostile, anyway, I am willing to put everything behind and have a new start, as you wish.

As for Niko, don't act like an angel now and be like puppy eyes, I can't stand you honestly, I wish you'd just be on your way and I will be on mine like I PM'd you once.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:35)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:24)

@Happyness

You see, when I am being wrong I admit it and I apologize to people, you can find many many examples when I've done it in this forum. Sure I sh*t-post sometimes, it happens with EVERYONE, including with ME and YOU and others. But the way you reply to me just gets on my nerves, instead of being an arsehole (sorry, but it had to be said), you could just calmly respond and tell me where I am wrong, but all the replies that you replied to me they were hostile, anyway, I am willing to put everything behind and have a new start, as you wish.

As for Niko, don't act like an angel now and be like puppy eyes, I can't stand you honestly, I wish you'd just be on your way and I will be on mine like I PM'd you once.

Well , don't worry i won't bother responding to someone who acts so childish when someone disagrees with him so this is my last post to you . Btw i'm older than you(born in 1993) so think before you call someone else a kid.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:39)
Well , don't worry i won't bother responding to someone who acts so childish when someone disagrees with him so this is my last post to you . Btw i'm older than you(born in 1993) so think before you call someone else a kid.

I apologize to everyone for derailing this topic somewhat, and here is my last post. Why am I posting it here? So this fella over here won't go on and tell mods that I insulted him via PMs when I just tell him to leave me alone nicely..

Look, I don't care how old you are, it's your mind that matters, and your mind just looks about 13-14 to me, really, in multiple topics you kept quoting me and provoking me, now I forgot what those topics are and I am pretty sure they're lost in the oblivion, and when did I act childish because someone disagreed with me? If they want to think that the universe thing is cool, so be it, I don't care, it's their opinion and they're entitled to it.

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993)
Why do you bother explaining anything to that guy ? He's going on his R* hating tirade and when someone disagrees with his opinion he starts insulting people.

There you go, an example of what you usually do to my posts when I criticize Rockstar.

Just leave it dude, I wish you good luck in life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users