Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will Rudd coming back put the favours in V's way?

57 replies to this topic

Poll: Will Rudd be back? (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Rudd be back?

1. Yes (42 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (42 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:26)
completely agree with you bro. How isn't it SoD's drag taking in context with the story? I just don't..

I remember Fallout 3 being refused classification for similar reasons, obviously long before the 18+ classification existed. The game was then amended in all versions.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Doubt rudd will have any influence whatsoever regardging the board. oh yeah QUEENSLANDER!!!... hehehe

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ruddy's comeback will make no difference whatsoever. Australia has the R18+ rating now and it will be put to use to classify GTA V, just as it was to classify The Last Of Us. We'll get the full game we're supposed to get and not a pussified version and no, it won't get banned, especially with the R18+ rating in place.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Rock Howard @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:25)
Ruddy's comeback will make no difference whatsoever. Australia has the R18+ rating now and it will be put to use to classify GTA V, just as it was to classify The Last Of Us. We'll get the full game we're supposed to get and not a pussified version and no, it won't get banned, especially with the R18+ rating in place.

Have you not heard about Saints Row IV and State of Decay? suicidal.gif

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 07:49)
Do you think if Kevin Rudd's reinstated that the Australian Classification Board will have a change in leadership hence making it possible that V's got better chances getting past the R18+ challenge.

GTA 5 won't get banned...trust me. In GTA, the sex, drugs and violence goes towards character development and it's contextual.

They only banned SR4 and SoD because they were depraved and a drug addict manual, respectively.

At any rate, Abbott will be PM when the game comes out, and these days the Libs are the less censorious party, so no worries there mate.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

Sit down and Relax, you'll feel better!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (gzam1312 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 00:53)
Do you think if Kevin Rudd's reinstated that the Australian Classification Board will have a change in leadership hence making it possible that V's got better chances getting past the R18+ challenge.

GTA 5 won't get banned...trust me. In GTA, the sex, drugs and violence goes towards character development and it's contextual.

They only banned SR4 and SoD because they were depraved and a drug addict manual, respectively.

At any rate, Abbott will be PM when the game comes out, and these days the Libs are the less censorious party, so no worries there mate.

This better be true. I used half of my money just to pre-order GTA V. Now i only got $80 left.

I'm still lucky that i live in a house and have some sort of money. Even if it's a small amount.

NZcj
  • NZcj

1hunna

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

you might just have to realise the only way your getting this game is if you preorder it from NZ(or me) tounge.gif Rudd wont let the game into OZ

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 27 June 2013 - 06:01 AM.

I think we need to take a chill pill and look at things logically.

I stumbled across this article in regards to SRIV's refusal..

http://www.theage.co...0627-2oydx.html

Though this is what I found interesting...

The decision means that the game cannot be sold in Australia unless the features that led to it being refused classification are edited out and a different version is re-submitted to the Classification Board for review.

People are flipping out like the game wont be released at all. It will if Volition/Deep Silver resubmit a different version. I don't know what State Of Decay's situation is, but if GTA V comes under the same gun it'll most definitely be given the same ultimatum.

The word "banned" is being thrown around too much IMO.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 05:54)

The decision means that the game cannot be sold in Australia unless the features that led to it being refused classification are edited out and a different version is re-submitted to the Classification Board for review.

People are flipping out like the game wont be released at all. It will if Volition/Deep Silver resubmit a different version. I don't know what State Of Decay's situation is, but if GTA V comes under the same gun it'll most definitely be given the same ultimatum.

It's a lot different though I personally think, I mean people have been waiting for SR IV for a year and 10 months? We've being waiting for V for five years and I personally would feel upset about getting a 'modified' version.

omggtav
  • omggtav

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

Wow, you are dumb as. How old are you? 12?

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

f*ck it. Im moving to America.

VIZlO
  • VIZlO

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

It wold be so funny to us Americans if Australia were to ban/not allow GTAV to be sold in there country. I could just imagine all the aussies crying on xbl about it lol suicidal.gif devil.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (BoyzNGroveStreet @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 17:14)
f*ck it. Im moving to America.

Don't do it... You'll stack on the weight, be scared of skyscrapers, and you'll won't be able to watch Batman ever again!

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

For real? You think the christian nut that's against abortion will be perfectly happy with GTA? suicidal.gif

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Looks like America needs to kick Australias ass again.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:58 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 27 June 2013 - 12:07 PM.

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 17:12)

It's a lot different though I personally think, I mean people have been waiting for SR IV for a year and 10 months? We've being waiting for V for five years and I personally would feel upset about getting a 'modified' version.

It would piss me off too, but a censored version would be better than none at all wouldn't it? I remember before VC came out I bought the U.K version 2 weeks before we were due to get it off E-Bay for $190 (That's not a typo. I did pay $190) because I was desperate to play the un-censored version, but in the end the only real differences were being able to pick up hookers and some extra violence.

Needless to say I was sucked in buying it for that much lol.

Anyway if push comes to shove I would rather R* do what Volition/Deep Silver have to do with SRIV and resubmit a different version. The principle is still wrong, but who knows. GTA V might escape scrutiny.

GTA V might be in trouble if drugs can be used in the game, but the worst possible scenario is we just can't take drugs to recieve benefits and GTA has never been explicit in terms of sexual violence so unless we can jam dildos in peoples' assholes it should be fine.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

I thought SR IV took place in a VR simulation of Steelport? If so, your character isn't actually taking drugs, he/she's taking simulated drugs. So in effect, we are controlling a character in a simulated world, who is taking drugs in a simulated world.

I'm really confused now.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:58)

It would piss me off too, but a censored version would be better than none at all wouldn't it? I remember before VC came out I bought the U.K version 2 weeks before we were due to get it off E-Bay for $190 (That's not a typo. I did pay $190) because I was desperate to play the un-censored version, but in the end the only real differences were being able to pick up hookers and some extra violence.

Anyway if push comes to shove I would rather R* do what Volition/Deep Silver have to do with SRIV and resubmit a different version. The principle is still wrong, but who knows. GTA V might escape scrutiny.

GTA V might be in trouble if drugs can be used in the game, but the worst possible scenario is we just can't take drugs to recieve benefits and GTA has never been explicit in terms of sexual violence so unless we can jam dildos in peoples' assholes it should be fine.

Wow, Vice City for $190 lol. Well it depends on what happens, if the game doesn't get past the ratings board then how much will we miss out on? If it's nothing major then all cool, but what if it's had to tone down other things and the games now three hours shorter?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 08:58)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:58)

Wow, Vice City for $190 lol. Well it depends on what happens, if the game doesn't get past the ratings board then how much will we miss out on? If it's nothing major then all cool, but what if it's had to tone down other things and the games now three hours shorter?

I really doubt it would be that extreme mate. Looking back on past GTAs that have been censored it tends to be quite minor.

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Paul Rudd?

NZcj
  • NZcj

1hunna

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

I welcome all aussies to my country but you all have to fark off on september 17th. get your un-censored version and go home.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:50)
Have you not heard about Saints Row IV and State of Decay? suicidal.gif

Just looked up the situation with SRIV. Utterly ludicrous.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 28 June 2013 - 04:37 AM.

QUOTE (NZcj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:54)
I welcome all aussies to my country but you all have to fark off on september 17th. get your un-censored version and go home.

I see. The sheep need nurturing don't they? wink.gif

I'd also like some fesh and chups brew for my trip back home. biggrin.gif tounge.gif

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

If us Aussies get a pussified version, I will simply sell the Aussie versions I have pre-ordered and get uncensored UK versions from eBay. That's what all us Aussies did when Mortal Kombat got banned, back when there was no R18+ rating for games.

NZcj
  • NZcj

1hunna

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 16:32)

I'd also like some fesh and chups brew for my trip back home. biggrin.gif tounge.gif

would you like the censored version or un-censored version with those fesh an chups brew? biggrin.gif

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (NZcj @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:09)

would you like the censored version or un-censored version with those fesh an chups brew? biggrin.gif

chur bro chur

NZcj
  • NZcj

1hunna

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 20:22)
QUOTE (NZcj @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:09)

chur bro chur

chur BRADA, so you like your censored version do you? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Like it how movies and TV shows with the most f*cked up things in them get past. But video games do not. Shouldn't they have the same criteria to pass.
f*ck the classification board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users