» «
Photo

Volcano in V?

40 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 26 June 2013 - 07:24 AM.

This Epsilon tweet: "Upwards flows the truth form, and so upward flows manifest generosity, and this is how we become rich. #FACT"

Makes me think, " upwards flow ", such as this:
user posted image

Then we have " this is how we become rich ":
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivine
Olivine, of which peridot is a type, is a common mineral in mafic and ultramafic rocks, and it is often found in lavas and in peridotite xenoliths of the mantle, which lavas carry to the surface
Peridot olivine is mined in Egypt, North Carolina, Arizona on the San Carlos Reservation, Hawaii, Nevada, and New Mexico at Kilbourne Hole, in the US;

The results from the above...
user posted image
user posted image

And let's not forget about threads like these: Why are all guns green?

- I also recall reading early on, shortly after Trailer 1, that the colour green would have more to do with the game than we think.

Not buying it? How about - an extinct Volcano's caves:
user posted image
http://www.visitsequ...ystal-cave.aspx

Caves formed from an extinct Volcano found in the mountains up in the north area of the map (that we've seen NOTHING of yet), which also have real life crystal caves.

For example, such as this real life cave formed from an extinct volcano in Portugal.
user posted image

What do you think? None of this might hold much light to it, but I thought it was a fun idea anyway.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Mmmmmmmmmm,

I feel as though this is digging =/

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Very interesting my friend monocle.gif I would've never came up with this.

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'd love it. Or maybe an underwater volcano, or remnants of a volcano that are underwater.

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

what about grove street.

Landotel
  • Landotel

Shotgun!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm not sure if I'm right, but is it referring to the 1997 movie Volcano because takes place in Los Angeles

Pictures of the movie:

user posted image

user posted image

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Maybe...good thinking.

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Wow, OP, you have a very healthy mind. You're really thinking outside the box with the olivine and stuff, and I think it's great! Unfortunately, I don't think there'll be a volcano. icon14.gif Great speculation, though.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

oh god..

A non active one at best.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:12 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 26 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Maybe not an actual Volcano, who knows... but perhaps the gems it creates will be a part of the game. This is an absolute wild stab but I found this interesting too:

user posted image
http://www.visitsequ...ystal-cave.aspx

Just imagine finding a crystal cave full of this stuff. They could easily write into the story that it's an extinct/dormant Volcano but the crystal caves are found in the mountains there, up in the north area of the map (that we've seen NOTHING of yet) which also has real life crystal caves.

For example, such as this real life caves formed from an extinct volcano.
user posted image

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Deep stuff man...
But really, maybe as an easter egg we could have a small inactive volcano and be able to go inside to explore whatevers in there. Sure its a longshot but im open to anything haha.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 01:42)
This Epsilon tweet: "Upwards flows the truth form, and so upward flows manifest generosity, and this is how we become rich. #FACT"

Great ideas, but it's peobably just about money. It's a pyramid scheme. It's about money flowing upwards.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 26 June 2013 - 08:12 AM.

You did a lot of work, but I don't think there's any chance of there being a volcano in the game. Not active at least. Even if there is, I don't think your evidence fits in here's why.

The first picture of volcano is another Rockstar sex joke, volcano eruption is commonly used as a metaphor for male erection.
That Epsilon tweet kind of seems either a sexual joke or just random mockery of pyramid schemes (money going upwards).
And I don't think Rockstar would honestly bother making the guns green while explaining it's because of an active volcano that in turn produces those olivine minerals...

And guns may not end up green anyway. We've seen some more and they are not all green recently so either only some will remain green, or those were all beta textures and will be changed for the final version of the game.
Green is money, and green is nature, a vibrant color and obviously GTA V color that will bring fresh air after IV's black.

So I honestly don't see no real evidence anywhere that volcano might be in there. I just think people keep expecting a bit too much from the game.

grafftistain
  • grafftistain

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

monocle.gif ahh yes dig a little deeper and surely you shall find the truth that many have been searching for

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

There was a geyser in San Andreas, that's a start...

FredFive
  • FredFive

Ghost Pirate

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Love to see people making an effort with the research when posting some crazy theory ;-)
Thumbs up man, I am for one hoping to see some natural disasters, whatever it may be!

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Landotel @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 06:51)
I'm not sure if I'm right, but is it referring to the 1997 movie Volcano because takes place in Los Angeles

Pictures of the movie:

user posted image

user posted image

This Movie is amazing

My childhood. Vulcano, Independence Day, Mars Attack, Speed, Daylight XD aaaaah

Yofriends
  • Yofriends

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (t-p-d-a @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 09:03)
QUOTE (Landotel @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 06:51)

Pictures of the movie:

user posted image

user posted image

This Movie is amazing

My childhood. Vulcano, Independence Day, Mars Attack, Speed, Daylight XD aaaaah

Yep, and don't forget Twister, Dante's Peak, Armageddon, Deep Impact... inlove.gif

It would be awsome if a volcano (even dormant or extinct) stands somewhere on the map, as well as a part of the San Andreas Fault.

It's good to dream!... wink.gif

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

My first thought was WTF… but now I think it's a great idea (even if the gun-theory is bs in my opinion biggrin.gif )

ucah8er
  • ucah8er

SRS I

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

the guns being green as a hint is some real tinfoil sh*t OP. but the rest kind of makes sense.

icon14.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (ucah8er @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 21:18)
the guns being green as a hint is some real tinfoil sh*t OP. but the rest kind of makes sense.

icon14.gif

Haha yeah, I agree, I know some people will probably make the connection though so I put it in there for those folk. I personally don't think the guns being green is related at all.

PS. I did say this was a crazy theory. There isn't much movement on the forums so hopefully it was a fun read anyway.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

"and so upward flows manifest generosity"

In Scientology you pay to reach the next level. You pay to obtain more truth. You are working up on the pyramid scheme. That would be how they become rich as the lower members are pouring money into the scheme

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

The Epsilon Project is based on Scientology. Scientology is based on 'Dianetics' by L. Ron Hubbard:
user posted image

Nothing more, nothing less.

@ScotchMouth

Yes, Scientology is probably the most elaborate pyramid scheme ever created.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:31)
The Epsilon Project is based on Scientology. Scientology is based on 'Dianetics' by L. Ron Hubbard:
user posted image

@ScotchMouth

Nice providing the book itself. I think it seals the deal on the thread. People are free to speculate as they wish but it's more allusions to Scientology. Nice post

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (ScotchMouth @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:35)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:31)
http://www.prlog.org...ntal-health.jpg

@ScotchMouth

Nice providing the book itself. I think it seals the deal on the thread. People are free to speculate as they wish but it's more allusions to Scientology. Nice post

Yeah, I'm not trying to stifle speculation & conversation. I mean, what would this place be without those two things?

I'm really glad Rockstar is going all out parodying Scientology, as it is a despicable organization that preys on the weak minded. I think Epsilonism has been a part of GTA lore since Vice City & was referenced in most GTA's including IV. I had a little giggle when I found out actress/singer Juliette Lewis was a radio dj in IV, seeing as she is a Scientologist (Scientologists do not accept & aggressively defend any criticism or mocking of their 'religion').

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

The guns being green... not buying, but the rest is pretty convincing
They surely tought about it at some point, since it is in L.A

BloodMC
  • BloodMC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

What the hell, I'm all for a volcano. Don't really care for the whole spurlunking to get crystals (I have minecraft for that).

Dr Bannington
  • Dr Bannington

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by Dr Bannington, 27 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Makes sense since Hollywood is covered in volcanoes and surrounded by lava. Maybe the volcanoes in V will have snow on top of them. Like a 2 for 1 deal. It would really add to the "realism".

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

You know, caves are a real possibility. They did spend a ton of time doing underwater, and underwater caves are really cool, so why not have a few lead to the surface?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users