10 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

PS2 version. No cheats allowed.

It's a known(?) trick to use a NRG-500 instead of the Sanchez in "Wrong Side of the Tracks" if the Sanchez is too slow. However, my reason for using a NRG is not to make the mission easier, I want to fail the mission and keep the BP/FP/EP/DP bike. I already kept the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez, now I want a BP/FP/EP/DP NRG-500 too.

It seems that any vehicle I enter at Unity Station will become BP/FP/EP/DP, because:
a) The Sanchez is not BP/FP/EP/DP before I enter it, only after.
b) Smoke's Glendale will become BP/FP/EP/DP after the cut scene if I enter it instead of the Sanchez.
c) Smoke's Glendale is NOT BP/FP/EP/DP before the cut scene at Unity Station.

In one of my tests, I drove the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez to Idlewood, entered a parked car together with Smoke, got out of the car and used a grenade on it. The car exploded. This tells me that not every vehicle I enter during the mission will be proofed.

So how can I enter a NRG-500 after the cut scene at Unity Station? This walkthrough (search for Wrong Side of the Tracks on the page) says you can use a NRG-500, but it doesn't say how you prevent it from vanishing.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Sorry dude it seems that the sanchez is full immune before you enter it, so it's not about entering a vehicle that makes it proofed or not, the proofings are given by the mission only to the sanchez.
I only tested on the PC though, but I doubt is any different on the other platforms.
But it would be a nice idea, trying to find a way to make any vehicle full immune.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hmmm, this seems to be a bit different on the PS2 version. I found the Sanchez and the Glendale both to be proofed after I entered them, at Unity Station.

That walkthrough (link) is for the PS2 version, and someone said you can use a NRG during the chase/drive-by. If this part happens to be true, then I would like to use a NRG and test if it can be proofed not. But I don't know how to use a NRG so I can't test it.

1) Find a way to use NRG.
2) If the above proves possible, test whether the NRG becomes proofed or stays normal.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by King Andreas, 26 June 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Hey OG, it's me (GTASAddict) in case you couldn't tell. I'm sure you remember me.

First, the walk-through you linked to, you might want to remove it, considering the author wrote a copyright notice. I would quote it, though that might not be permitted, so I'll summarize the implications in my own words: He/she rants on about how it's copyright property of so & so; that you need approval from them and so forth; that if you breach this demand you'll endure the wrath of the law. Blah blah blah; you get their "point". Copyright agents aren't very friendly, I'll tell you. Nonetheless, this doesn't make sense to me; how can they take Rockstars work, write a "guide" on it and claim it as their own copyright? Furthermore, writing a so-called "guide" under the supposed pretense of aiding others while making outlandish demands makes my blood boil. While many guiders do this, not all do. And lastly: Geez, you don't see me trying to declare copyrights to the "Invincible Homeboys" glitch I mentioned before.

Anyway, onto your question: I can't get the NRG to remain anywhere nearby after triggering the cut scene. Don't bother storing it in the El Corona garage and trying to go back for it, because Big Smoke will say "All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" thus failing the mission. It would not surprise me if the writer was lying, to be honest. Having encountered very many "walk-throughs" with blatant errors brought me to this conclusion. My only idea as to how this can work is altering one of the vehicle spawn button cheats to spawn an NRG-500. As you might know, many vehicles lose their proofed status due to varying circumstances, so I recon this might be the same. Most lose it after the missions ends, during a certain point in the mission, after saving the vehicle in a garage; some only acquire the proofed status upon completion of the mission. The indestructible Walton (during Madd Dogg) is the only vehicle I'm aware of that retains it's proofed status from beginning to end, regardless of the circumstances.

Adding to what Fnxrak said, except from a PS2 standpoint: Yes, both the Glendale and Sanchez are proofed during the mission; however, they lose it after the mission ends. I tried storing them in garages before taking Big Smoke home, and they vanished after I returned. If you take Smoke home using the Sanchez, it'll spawn upside his house with the proofed status gone. So in essence, even if you managed to make the NRG-500 indestructible, it'll be rendered vulnerable after the mission is completed.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

The copyright is for the written work. The problem many authors have is that people or web sites will often take this work and republish it in whole or in part someplace else without permission. Providing a link will not be a problem. The authors and hosts want people to read this work.

There are only 3 "missions" in the game that will apply immunities to the player's vehicle. Gray Imports will apply FP/EP which everyone knows, or just EP or FP, I forget which, a little later in the mission. The lowrider game will make the player's vehicle fully immune for a while but no one has figured out how to get it to stick. And the player's car during the coffee scene is fully immune while CJ is inside the house, but again, no one has figured out a way to keep it that way.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:34)
Hey OG, it's me (GTASAddict) in case you couldn't tell. I'm sure you remember me.

First, the walk-through you linked to, you might want to remove it, considering the author wrote a copyright notice. I would quote it, though that might not be permitted, so I'll summarize the implications in my own words: He/she rants on about how it's copyright property of so & so; that you need approval from them and so forth; that if you breach this demand you'll endure the wrath of the law. Copyright agents aren't very friendly, I'll tell you. Nonetheless, this doesn't make sense to me; how can they take Rockstars work, write a "guide" on it and claim it as their own copyright? Furthermore, writing a so-called "guide" under the supposed pretense of aiding others while making outlandish demands makes my blood boil. While many guiders do this, not all do. And lastly: Geez, you don't see me trying to declare copyrights to the "Invincible Homeboys" glitch I mentioned before.

Hi!

I think this about copyright is a misunderstanding. If it was forbidden to merely link to copyrighted material, search engines such as Google would have been almost useless. And the author of that walkthrough also states that proper quoting is allowed (it means putting a link to the source along with the quote).

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:34)
Anyway, onto your question: I can't get the NRG to remain anywhere nearby after triggering the cut scene. Don't bother storing it in the El Corona garage and trying to go back for it, because Big Smoke will say "All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" thus failing the mission. It would not surprise me if the writer was lying, to be honest. Having encountered very many "walk-throughs" with blatant errors brought me to this conclusion. My only idea as to how this can work is altering one of the vehicle spawn button cheats to spawn an NRG-500. As you might know, many vehicles lose their proofed status due to varying circumstances, so I recon this might be the same. Most lose it after the missions ends, during a certain point in the mission, after saving the vehicle in a garage; some only acquire the proofed status upon completion of the mission. The indestructible Walton (during Madd Dogg) is the only vehicle I'm aware of that retains it's proofed status from beginning to end, regardless of the circumstances.

Adding to what Fnxrak said, except from a PS2 standpoint: Yes, both the Glendale and Sanchez are proofed during the mission; however, they lose it after the mission ends. I tried storing them in garages before taking Big Smoke home, and they vanished after I returned. If you take Smoke home using the Sanchez, it'll spawn upside his house with the proofed status gone. So in essence, even if you managed to make the NRG-500 indestructible, it'll be rendered vulnerable after the mission is completed.

Many proofed vehicles can be stored without losing their abilities. The first ones I found out, was the two Tahomas in "House Party", I pushed them into the garage in order to unlock them, and found out there was something special about them (BP/FP).

As I said, I've already stored the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez.
Here is how:

Have Smoke kill all four Vagos on the train. Now, instead of heading to Smoke's house, drive south through East Los Santos. If you don't already have Molotovs, stop in the narrow alley in East Los Santos and pick up some Molotovs (just north of Cluckin' Bell).

Continue south, down the flood control to Ocean Docks, where the flood control meets the sea. You'll probably fall off the bike early due to waves, so get on it again and drive further, almost to the edge. You need the bike to be fully submerged, not just submerged when waves hits it. Now you have to kill Big Smoke, but he's almost immune to bullets so use Molotovs, 2-4 bottles will kill him. When the mission has failed due to Smoke's death, push the bike up onto dry ground.

The Sanchez is now permanently BP/FP/EP/DP, and only "coffee" with a girlfriend or a random glitch (rare) can take away the proofing.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:54)

There are only 3 "missions" in the game that will apply immunities to the player's vehicle. Gray Imports will apply FP/EP which everyone knows,

That's my backup plan for the NRG, but I would really want it to be BP/DP as well.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:54)
And the player's car during the coffee scene is fully immune while CJ is inside the house, but again, no one has figured out a way to keep it that way.

Aha! I didn't know CJ's vehicle is proofed while he is indoor. It explains why vehicles lose their proofing during "coffee time"! biggrin.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:19)
PS2 version. No cheats allowed.

It's a known(?) trick to use a NRG-500 instead of the Sanchez in "Wrong Side of the Tracks" if the Sanchez is too slow. However, my reason for using a NRG is not to make the mission easier, I want to fail the mission and keep the BP/FP/EP/DP bike. I already kept the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez, now I want a BP/FP/EP/DP NRG-500 too.

It seems that any vehicle I enter at Unity Station will become BP/FP/EP/DP, because:
a) The Sanchez is not BP/FP/EP/DP before I enter it, only after.
b) Smoke's Glendale will become BP/FP/EP/DP after the cut scene if I enter it instead of the Sanchez.
c) Smoke's Glendale is NOT BP/FP/EP/DP before the cut scene at Unity Station.

In one of my tests, I drove the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez to Idlewood, entered a parked car together with Smoke, got out of the car and used a grenade on it. The car exploded. This tells me that not every vehicle I enter during the mission will be proofed.

So how can I enter a NRG-500 after the cut scene at Unity Station? This walkthrough (search for Wrong Side of the Tracks on the page) says you can use a NRG-500, but it doesn't say how you prevent it from vanishing.

I'm on PS2 V1.0. Any vehicle you use apart from Smoke's is deleted after the cutscene. So you can't use an NRG.

Glendale is indeed FI after the cutscene, during and after mission failure but would disappear if you're not in it. But the proofings
can't be kept even if you destroy it with a bomb or dunk it into the water before mission failure. Although there's one theory I'm working on with a method
that might work, but so far without success yet, since CJ always gets killed in the process.

This method involves killing Smoke while in a rigged Glendale car, and CJ getting off of it split second before the car explodes. Smoke would get off the car almost as quickly as CJ would and if Smoke isn't in the car, the explosion wouldn't kill him right away given his increased damage level in the mission. So you have to delay him by a split second from getting off the car by parking the right door of it against a wall. So far, this is only as much I managed to delay him from quickly transporting outside of the car if you block his door. But also by doing so, CJ only have about a split second as well to move away from the car to keep him from getting killed by the explosion even with a full armor. And this is the part where I haven't succeeded yet.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 14:25)

I'm on PS2 V1.0. Any vehicle you use apart from Smoke's is deleted after the cutscene. So you can't use an NRG.

I believe the game uses more than one method of removing vehicles, and I don't know which method it uses in this mission.

In some cut scenes, CJ's vehicle will vanish if the spot where it is parked is visible during the scene. And in some scenes, I've heard the game uses some "clear area" command that removes anything CJ has parked nearby. An example of such a command (albeit not in a cut scene) is when you start the Pimp mission. I think I've read somewhere that these "clear area" commands (is that what they are called?) have a varying range, some deleting only nearby vehicles and others deleting vehicles in a very large radius.

Because the three cameras in the cut scene at Unity Station covers almost everything, it's difficult to park outside its view. I'm not sure if it "sees" through walls or not. The camera that shoots the scene at Smoke's house do "see" through walls unless it's a "clear area" command.

Good luck with your experiment, I hope it works.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Come to think of it, this mission would have been a much greater challenge if you weren't provided with a proofed chariot. Think about it; the Vagos shooting the gas tank. In the event that a serum to immortalize the NRG-500 was unearthed, the tires will remain susceptible. When rival gangs shoot at me while I'm driving a car, they almost never shoot the tires; when rival gangs shoot at me when I'm driving motorcycles, they almost always shoot the tires. Not to mention bullets can still hit CJ while he's on a motorcycle as opposed to in a car.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by fnxrak, 27 June 2013 - 12:58 PM.

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 09:34)
Not to mention bullets can still hit CJ while he's on a motorcycle as opposed to in a car.

The full immune motorcycles prevents the player from being hit, just check the proofings in an editor you'll see a check on the player proof

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Wednesday @ Jun 26 2013, 14:25)

To try and see if the proofings are given to any vehicle can't you try it with cheats spawning some alternative vehicles after the cutscene?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 05:56)
QUOTE (King Andreas @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 09:34)
Not to mention bullets can still hit CJ while he's on a motorcycle as opposed to in a car.

The full immune motorcycles prevents the player from being hit, just check the proofings in an editor you'll see a check on the player proof

My experience with using the FI cop bike from Small Town Bank is that CJ still takes damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users