97% and stuck

5 replies to this topic
drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Any tips for the shooter at Downtown Ammu-Nation, I can't even get 30 and try to aim at the 3 point body as much as I can

That RC Race, I cannot beat the last car, I am a little off balance as am using a sh*t 3rd party controller

I missed 1 of the Unique Jumps! But I'm going to redo every jump

Last thing is ambulance level 12, but not even tried that yet. Should be best for downtown area I reckon.

If anybody could give tips it would be appreciated

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by miromiro, 25 June 2013 - 10:19 PM.

For the Rifle Range Challenge, where you need 45 points, the secret is to not waste your ammo on the first two targets, which are worth less points. Do like this: shoot the first two targets off but leave their head. This way, they'll stay like that, and you have space to focus your bullets on the third target, which is worth more points. Do NOT shoot the first two targets the whole challenge, and just focus all your bullets on the last one. Here's a video to see what I'm talking of. He's not shooting the first two target's whole bodies off, but you should get the meaning of it:

For the RC Race, the secret (in my opinion anyway) is to not crash into the "walls" and just keep in the middle of the road. Sure, this won't win the race itself only, you also need some RC car driving skill for it, but hey, practice makes perfect. I've found this batch of tips for the RC Bandit Race, I think they're good tips. Take your time and read them:

1. NEVER hit the brake and almost ALWAYS be pressing X to maintain maximum speed. The only times you are going to let off X is around the tight turns.

2. LEARN the course! This will require you do the race several times, following the other cars and yes, faling a lot at first. Know that course COLD, or at least be able to predict what the road ahead is going to be doing by looking just ahead. This isn't easy as the differences in the path you drive on and the surrounding sand is often VERY subtle.

3. STAY as much as possible in or around the center of the dirt track and stay off of the surrounding sand and even the very sides of the dirt roads because the physics of the game is such that the fastest velocity is only available to you as centrally in the road/path as possiible.
So get used to doing this race at pretty much full speed MOST of the time (except for sharp turns when you let off of X) and still staying as dead center as you can. By the way this is where your AI opponents will lose it. They drive very well but notice that they aren't particularly good at driving centrally and often you see them in the periphery of the road, especially around turns! DONT follow their example!

4. There is a little rock towards the last 1/4 of the track STAY to the right of it. You will sometimes not see it till the last second, but be to the right or if you hit it you will lose time, or worse, turn over.

5. Speaking of that little rock, right after that rock is a sharp turn to your left. IF you need to make up some time you can violate the rule of staying on the road here. There is a lip of dirt/sand that follows the road around an embankment and if you time it right I have found you can get right up on that lip and edge out another car in front of you that is on the road, but be careful, you will only be on this ledge for the turn and then right back onto the road with your sorry ass!

The course is two laps and they are pretty long in your RC car.

I prefer personally to do the Paramedic missions in Washington since I'm more used to that area. I don't think it's the easiest one though, but that's all up to the player. Just do it where you find it easiest for you to drive and not crash.

Anyway, or the Unique Stunt Jump problem, I might be able to help you find it without looking through each location. However, for this you must be playing on the PC version, since I know a tool that helps you find the missed Unique Stunt Jump from one shot. Are you playing the game on PC? If yes, go here and upload your save file, and I'll find that Stunt Jump for you. icon14.gif

drr26
  • drr26

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the tips, and na, PS2

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

For Unique there are several that are notoriously hard to register----

These ones are hard IMO-- the coronas shown are the actual "space" you need to pass through to make them register--- these were created with a code tool that extracted this info...

http://www.gtavice.c....php?image=3659

http://www.gtavice.c....php?image=3660 (this is the 2nd stairway ramp heading south down the ocean beach alley-- you need to turn to the right a little as you go up the ramp--I'd check this one first)

http://www.gtavice.c....php?image=3663 (you probably got this one as you most likely looked it up--very hard to find otherwise-- most people wouldn't have tried it on their own.. but it is hard to register IMO)

http://www.gtavice.c....php?image=3652 (need to get past the tree)-- by the malibu across the water

Since these are all on the first island-- what I would do is start a new game and see if you can easily get them to register or not... learn how to do them, then go back to your save and try to nail them.

(if anyone has any other jump suggestions for hard ones-- please post them... all the jumps with these coronas shown are here... http://www.gtavice.com/stunts/

drr26
  • drr26

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the jump suggestions. Am planning to crack them soon :-)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

No prob

For paramedic.... Don't do it down town... You can get patients spawning inside the restaurant and they won't come out.... And also in little haiti which is quite a haul.

Little Havana gives u spawns at the airport.. Long haul also.

I like ocean beach/Washington beach area... Nice if u know shortcuts..... But the majority of people do it in vice point...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users