Quantcast

» «
Photo

I Saw Tommy Vercetti in VCS ending credits!

14 replies to this topic
GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by GTA Master 007, 25 June 2013 - 09:40 PM.

In the beginning I saw a man using blue, when I look more closer it was tommy and he was driving an Admiral. Which makes perfects sense because when tommy first entered vice city, his first car that he drove was an Admiral.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

WTF

Vice City was '86 - 2 years later

user posted image

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

"Using blue"? I don't understand.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

Care to uhm...elaborate?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

The credits (just like in LCS) show random peds driving random cars. I've seen a ped in blue shirt walking once but that's not Tommy.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (GTA Master 007 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 00:36)
In the beginning I saw a man using blue, when I look more closer it was tommy and he was driving an Admiral. Which makes perfects sense because when tommy first entered vice city, his first car that he drove was an Admiral.

You're hallucinating, man! You gotta lay off the pills! biggrin.gif

No, really, Tommy was still in jail as of 1984. It was still around 2 years until his release.

Yes, there are generic peds who seem to look like Tommy - either walking or driving a vehicle. But that ain't Tommy himself. No, no... Unfortunately...

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

thats not him he was on jail on liberty city

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 09:14)
QUOTE (GTA Master 007 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 00:36)

You're hallucinating, man! You gotta lay off the pills! biggrin.gif

No, really, Tommy was still in jail as of 1984. It was still around 2 years until his release.

Yes, there are generic peds who seem to look like Tommy - either walking or driving a vehicle. But that ain't Tommy himself. No, no... Unfortunately...

What he said! happy.gif

To be honest, I would have never noticed as I dont bother watching any credits...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:39)
To be honest, I would have never noticed as I dont bother watching any credits...

Neither do I. I've seen them before, a long time ago. Usually, I never bother.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

I dont think I have ever bothered DropThaSystem, things like Credits never aspire me... they bore me.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:44)
I dont think I have ever bothered DropThaSystem, things like Credits never aspire me... they bore me.

You're missing nothing. They really are boring.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Haha, glad to know there is nothing of any use in watching them

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

"In the beginning I saw a man using blue, when I look more closer it was tommy and he was driving an Admiral. Which makes perfects sense because when tommy first entered vice city, his first car that he drove was an Admiral."

Ken Rosenberg was driving the Admiral as you can see in the intro. Also seeing a man with blue clothes doesnt mean he is absolutely Tommy Vercetti. Which was in prison in VCS timeline.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

I recall back in the summer of 2006, before Vice City Stories was released, there were a lot, and I mean A Lot of topics made asking "if Tommy was going to be in the game", and just remembering the number of times people had to repeat "he was in jail during that time" ... it was epic.

But the worst only began once the second Vice City Stories trailer was released. In it, it featured a scene where Ricardo Diaz waved his gun around his goons ... and one of them, was wearing that same blue/turquoise hawaiian shirt as Tommy did.

It was merely meant as a small reference, but cue the explosive waves of topics, at least a couple every week, with new people exclaiming their joy of 'seeing Tommy' in the trailer.

T'was good times the GTA discussions back then, where we will still contend with our 'arcade-y' gameplay style prior to GTA IV ... but this Tommy situation was unbelievable.

And when the game finally did came out, it was surprising that almost no one bothered to comment that Louise's baby is wrapped around a blanket with the same color and motif as Tommy's shirt!

Anyway.

The end credits of both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were surprisingly bad.

Usually the end credits in GTAs show you a montage of different vistas, accompanied with either the theme song, original song, or mixture of radio station musics.

But these two games decides to loop its theme song Twenty Times in a row for the span of the entire credits, and stick to this random cinematic montage of pedestrians driving in circles around the same small neighborhood.

The idea in itself isn't bad really, you follow one driver around until he crosses path with another driver, then you shift perspective on to that of the other driver and so on. But instead of using this technique to sprawl through the entire city, or at least even one island, they just loop around the same couple of blocks.

I tend to never skip end credits regardless of how many times I play through a game.

Liberty and Vice City Stories were great, Great exceptions.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Rockstar despises it's fans. You won't see Tommy again :p Not even as an easter egg! It would have been cool as a little reference, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users