» «
Photo

Routine

12 replies to this topic
Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by Neckbeard, 25 June 2013 - 07:19 PM.

ROUTINE

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------- Routine is a first person horror exploration game set on an abandoned Moon base. -------------------------------------------------------
Your job is to find enough data to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

• A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets that other players may not!
  • Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system... you must run, hide and survive the best you can against what lurks in the base.
  • There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma death system that will keep you on the edge!
  • An 80′s vision of the future that presents itself in audio and visuals!
  • Randomized environmental hazards, AI locations and useful aids.
  • Find floppy disks to upgrade your Cosmonaut Assistance Tool that will directly affect how your weapon reacts.

Supposed Release date: Q2 2013
facebook
twitter

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Another slenderman game-like? I like it tho. Will try it out sometime. (in January)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think this could get boring very fast. no story, no goals except for surviving. its like you just run away and hide all the time. confused.gif

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

ANOTHER first person game? blah.... suicidal.gif
Not interested.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Looks interesting.. if I ever get to finishing my PC, I'll def have to get this.

It reminds me of the movie Moon.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Sounds like the movie Moon and Apollo 18 mixed in together, might check it out.

[OFFTOPIC]
Actually, it reminds me of this idea for Bioshock 4 that I came up with one time shortly after the release of Bioshock Infinite. The title is called Bioshock Beyond and it's set in an alternative universe in the 1970's where after the first moon landing the USA have managed to colonize the moon with a base covering almost half of it. Doing so allowed them to mine precious Moon minerals with the use of SpaceMen - a 1970's space age take on the Big Daddy and the volunteered workers whom you play as one. Environments include offices, homes and even a full jungle/garden built in the center to provide oxygen and support further life. To speed up the process of the mining and collecting, the "volunteers" as they are called, use injections in the neck to supply them with environmental effects through their finger tips (plasmids).

Now the thing with the moon base idea is that it brings back the claustrophobic atmosphere both System Shock and Bioshock 1+2 embodied so dearly. This allows the fear factor to be included as the player is secluded from outside help just like Bioshock/System Shock.

Hell, I even had the whole reveal trailer written down as well: The scene opens with a dim lit room with the only source of light being a television emitting a faint glow. Playing is the 1969 moon landing and even the "We choose to go to the moon" speech by JFK.

The camera slowly pans backward as the song "Fly me to the moon" by Frank Sinatra starts to play from an old, beat up radio sitting beside the television. As the camera moves even further back, it is revealed that the room is actually a simulated bedroom inside what appears to be a facility trying to emulate the housing designs used in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

The camera moves backwards through a cracked window into what now is a jungle/forest filled with lush, green plants and trees. We can hear noises from the wildlife until the sound stops unexpectedly as it is now just playing from a speaker that is being barely held on by a wire leading from a wall. The camera stops and slowly, but surely pans upward to reveal planet Earth through a dome-like window above. Finally, a roar is heard and a giant astronaut suit wearing entity tears open a door. Cut to black with the name Bioshock Beyond appearing.

[OFFTOPIC]

Anyway, I've always liked the idea of a horror game where you are secluded from help and the only saving grace is your own wits.

-Wheatley

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Too many horror games coming this year.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:13)
Another slenderman game-like? I like it tho. Will try it out sometime. (in January)

Of course. Slenderman invented First Person horror.

Looks pretty neat. I like the idea of perma-death, adds to the tension imo.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 27 June 2013 - 07:45 AM.

I love the look of this game. Every sight and sound in that trailer brought back memories. As a child of the '80s this kind of retro vision of the future really appeals to me. It's just a pity that I have neither the funds nor the inclination to buy a PC. Hopefully it gets a digital release on next gen consoles.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 02:43)
I love the look of this game.  Every sight and sound in that trailer brought back memories.  As a child of the '80s this kind of retro vision of the future really appeals to me.  It's just a pity that I have neither the funds nor the inclination to buy a PC.  Hopefully it gets a digital release on next gen consoles.

That would be nice but I only see it as a PC exclusive.. but one can only hope.

I love the fact that it's actual survival, no health-regen, etc. You f*ck up, you die. Gives players the ability to actually use their brain and not rely on making mistakes and getting to continue. I only wish more games were like this.

Also, did the being that the character encountered look like a robot to any of you? Perhaps artificial intelligence finally took over? Looked like an I-Robot type deal.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 02:18)
I think this could get boring very fast. no story, no goals except for surviving. its like you just run away and hide all the time. confused.gif

Clearly you haven't been paying attention at all.
There's a story, there's a goal. You can even shoot the damn enemy, not just hiding and running all the time, but of course, it's all limited, we don't want another stupid action-shooter-kind-off horror.
This game is gonna be good. Love the atmosphere.

Here's an interesting interview on RPS
http://www.rockpaper...xplain-routine/

There's multiple ending, and how to achieve it is down to the player. Said that it's gonna be around 3 hours long.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:27)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 02:18)

Clearly you haven't been paying attention at all.
There's a story, there's a goal. You can even shoot the damn enemy, not just hiding and running all the time, but of course, it's all limited, we don't want another stupid action-shooter-kind-off horror.
This game is gonna be good. Love the atmosphere.

Here's an interesting interview on RPS
http://www.rockpaper...xplain-routine/

There's multiple ending, and how to achieve it is down to the player. Said that it's gonna be around 3 hours long.

You can't actually shoot the enemy
The thing the character holds in his hand is just a tool named C.A.T and it's abilities depend on the floppy disks you can find and insert into it.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

^ Just read that interview i've post (And watch the gameplay video).
Yes, it's a Cosmonaut Assistant Tool. It contain two batteries. You can use the batteries to shoot the robot. But of course, if you shot the two of them, the tool will be useless, since it doesnt have power anymore it won't work.
There's a weak spot in the enemies, that can disable them if you shoot it in the perfect spot. If you missed, it just make the enemies more angrier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users