Photo

Un-modding GTA SA

2 replies to this topic
Urkman1
  • Urkman1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

So, there comes a time in a person's GTA modding life when the mess up, and can't fix it...
I modded my GTA SA a few weeks ago, everything went well, although a few cars made the map go all weird. I didn't like this, so naturally, I went to the backup gta3.img file. Same file size, same damn cars, when I didn't edit that file at all bored.gif
So, I decided to re-install GTA SA, starting over completely from scratch. After it was finished, I started up the game.
Same modded cars, peds, heli's and planes, from a clean install suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif
Why is it doing this, and how do I fix it ._.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Make sure you've completely un-installed / remove those mods correctly. Besides, make sure you also removed the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder. Also, make sure you remove all files that are modded, un-install San Andreas completely, and re-install it. Also, remember that all mods that use an installer also have an un-installer, so make sure to use that one to delete them. Or, search up in the Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs for that mod and un-install it. And always remember to remove the gta_sa.set file.

Anything else you could do would be to re-install the game in a different location. If needed, make also use of CCleaner to completely remove San Andreas and all it's components.

Urkman1
  • Urkman1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 18:49)
Make sure you've completely un-installed / remove those mods correctly. Besides, make sure you also removed the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder. Also, make sure you remove all files that are modded, un-install San Andreas completely, and re-install it. Also, remember that all mods that use an installer also have an un-installer, so make sure to use that one to delete them. Or, search up in the Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs for that mod and un-install it. And always remember to remove the gta_sa.set file.

Anything else you could do would be to re-install the game in a different location. If needed, make also use of CCleaner to completely remove San Andreas and all it's components.

Deleting it and installing it in another location worked! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Thanks! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users