Photo

New 360 model a bit disappointing

12 replies to this topic
lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Anyone seen the videos on the new Model releases? By all means if you own a Xbox 360 S, I would stick with it. They have gotten rid of the Touch Sensitive buttons (Eject and Power) that were on the S Model, and no more unique sounds (when power or eject is pressed).

On top of this, 1 less USB port (4 now not 5) and yet another new proprietary power port.
Side by side comparison, its basically exactly the same size as the 360 S, and both have about the same audibility. I run my games off the HDD so my disc's never spin anyway, nice and silent on the 360 S. The new model still has Tray loading which is nice as I dislike slot load.

Im also pretty sure they wont be updating a color selection of the console, as they want it to match the Xbone.So you're stuck with a finger print magnet.

The ONLY Pro i can think of about this new model is that it has faster wifi (802.11n Wi-Fi)

If you're looking to grab a new Xbox 360 for GTAV, I would still strongly recommend the S Model.

Memphys
  • Memphys

Did I ever tell you about Trevor?

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Nobody cares about new X360 model.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

The older Slim has 802.11N wireless so speeds will be the same. The latest is a cost saver for Microsoft and features less ports like you said. Boo MS icon13.gif

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I can't believe they wasted money on producing it, I ain't no freaking Sales Guy but I am sure as hell know that that thing can't sell that much.. I mean, it'd have to be bundled with V to make some actual profit. Like OP said. I've got the S. I don't need no Extra Super S that isn't even smaller or has a better Wifi. I thing can go down in history and the stupidest re-re-re-release of a console ever.. Seriously.. Who does that?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Because every company in the world is altruistic and their every move is made for happiness of the clients. Everything done by them is for the cash, so cutting off one USB can save a lot of cash. Sony did similar thing by cutting two USB ports and PS2 chipsets from early models.

Putting new model on the market is actually quite strange, but looks like MS wants to support Kinect for as long as possible as a alternative for Wii U. Maybe it's actually good thing. I've read an article that people are actually buying this stuff just for showing it off. They're putting Xbox and Kinect under the TV and impressing their friends with it. Maybe MS wants to looks deeper inside their pockets?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by Erebos, 25 June 2013 - 05:32 PM.

That should've been the design of the Xbox One lol. lol.gif

Might buy this and give my S model to my nephew so he can play Minecraft.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Memphys @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 16:59)
Nobody cares about new X360 model.

You're getting confused. Its you that don't care, other people might.

On topic, i personally like it. I have liked every 360 design since the original white one, which i think was easily the ugliest.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Touch sensitive buttons were awful and so was the ping noise it made.

My Xbox kept making the pinging sound every 2 minutes so I had to disconnect the ribbon and use the controller to turn the Xbox on and off.

Every time my dog walked past the console it would turn off. Badly designed is an understatement.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hopefully i dont have those problems in the future. I have a special edition white slim. 250gb hdd hack

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

If my current slim breaks I guess I'll buy the 4GB because I already have the hard drive

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Much like with the Playstation Super Slim I find the new models to be whack. I'll keep with my PS slim and Xbox 360 slim. I plan on buying PS4 and buying Xbox one at some point so if my current consoles ever brake I'll just move onto those. Chances are with the PS4 at least I'll have jumped ship before my PS3 slim kicks the bucket anyway.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

Considering I still have an original 360 Pro from 2008, I would be happy as f*ck to upgrade to the new one. Even if it has one less USB than the S, it still has one more than mine (three). Even if it doesn't have the slot loader, or pretty little *ding* touching the open button from the S, neither does mine. I don't even bother putting the faceplate on mine, considering I need a screwdriver for the disk tray to open. I like the new one, mostly because they used the design from the Xbone. Very good marketing technique, though. There is a small psychological feeling I'm sure connected to buying this new one. I bet the majority of people who bought this it get a self conscious feeling of "This console is so much better, because it is more like the new tech, and is more closely related to the Xbox One than to that old white bulky piece of hardware from 8 years ago..."

Or something like that. For that reason, if I had the choice of the S or this Xbone lookalike for the same price, I would choose this, simply for the idea of "it's newer, it's better."

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:57)
Considering I still have an original 360 Pro from 2008, I would be happy as f*ck to upgrade to the new one. Even if it has one less USB than the S, it still has one more than mine (three). Even if it doesn't have the slot loader, or pretty little *ding* touching the open button from the S, neither does mine. I don't even bother putting the faceplate on mine, considering I need a screwdriver for the disk tray to open. I like the new one, mostly because they used the design from the Xbone. Very good marketing technique, though. There is a small psychological feeling I'm sure connected to buying this new one. I bet the majority of people who bought this it get a self conscious feeling of "This console is so much better, because it is more like the new tech, and is more closely related to the Xbox One than to that old white bulky piece of hardware from 8 years ago..."

Or something like that. For that reason, if I had the choice of the S or this Xbone lookalike for the same price, I would choose this, simply for the idea of "it's newer, it's better."

I have the same model/year as yours, and my disk drive is also starting to get stuck. But not to the point where I need a screwdriver.

For some reason, I'm connected with my Xbox, and I plan on keeping it as long as it can play games. While I like the design of the new ones, I don't feel an urge to buy another console, with the exact same hardware and new shell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users