Photo

Laptop screen flickering/shutting off

4 replies to this topic
RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

So I have this sh*tty little laptop, but if I open it past like... 35 degrees the screen shuts off, leaving me to use it at a goofy angle. The brightness flickers and fades very frequently (I would say almost constantly). I'm thinking this is a hardware issue, but I don't know what could be the problem.

With having very little electronic experience, do you think I should open it up and see if I can fix it? Or should I take it to someone who might know more about this stuff?

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

The laptop screen is connected to the laptop's motherboard with a thin delicate cable that usually runs under the keyboard, chances are it is either damaged (being rough with the laptop?) or slightly out of place.

You need to have someone check it out, if you're a techy guy it's not too hard if you follow the manual for your laptop (probably find it online).

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:03)
The laptop screen is connected to the laptop's motherboard with a thin delicate cable that usually runs under the keyboard, chances are it is either damaged (being rough with the laptop?) or slightly out of place.

You need to have someone check it out, if you're a techy guy it's not too hard if you follow the manual for your laptop (probably find it online).

I've taken apart smartphones and replaces screens, that's about as far as my experience goes. I imagine this being a giant smartphone like screen...

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (RomansMoobs @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:12)

I've taken apart smartphones and replaces screens, that's about as far as my experience goes. I imagine this being a giant smartphone like screen...

With proper precaution (not forgetting where the screws go and making sure to not have static electricity on you), simply taking off various screws from under the laptop will release the upper case (in most models), usually the keyboard has to come up some way (the keyboard is connected kind of the same way as the screen), although if something goes wrong or you forget to reconnect something, you may have further problems.

What is the model?

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:26)
QUOTE (RomansMoobs @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:12)

With proper precaution (not forgetting where the screws go and making sure to not have static electricity on you), simply taking off various screws from under the laptop will release the upper case (in most models), usually the keyboard has to come up some way (the keyboard is connected kind of the same way as the screen), although if something goes wrong or you forget to reconnect something, you may have further problems.

What is the model?

It's an Acer Aspire One, very sh*tty, basic computer. But it's all I got at the moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users