• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

I work at a convenience shop three days a week. It earns me a bit of money while I'm at college.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I write weird software and design fairly large systems and processes.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I work on a 450 acre dairy farm where we milk over 350 cows in a >400 heard, I work Monday to Friday and do all sorts of stuff.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:55)
I work at a grocery store distribution centre, 25 hours a week. I drive forklift and load/unload trucks and sometimes fill order sheets. They love putting me in freezer duty, which I f*cking hate

No offense, but why would you want to work there? Sure it pays the bills, but you are going to look back at your history and wondered what the f*ck you were doing. Why don't people these days push themselves to do something they actually enjoy? And please don't tell me you enjoy standing like a tree in some goddamn shop and let the sun and days pass by.

NeXt Vice City
  • NeXt Vice City

OM4G

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Left school about 2 years ago, now work as a Sales Advisor at a retail store for a mobile phone carrier. It's ok, I guess..

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:27)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 13:52)
I am sick of factory work. Considering a career in sales.

Anyone here have experience with that? I could use some pointers.

Shave your beard and cover up those god-awful tats.

Not to mention completely overhaul your personality. Sales is about being affable, charismatic and confident. You need to forge meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships with clients based on respect and an understanding of their needs. You don't tick a single box.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Vagos MC @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:07)
QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:55)
I work at a grocery store distribution centre, 25 hours a week. I drive forklift and load/unload trucks and sometimes fill order sheets. They love putting me in freezer duty, which I f*cking hate

No offense, but why would you want to work there? Sure it pays the bills, but you are going to look back at your history and wondered what the f*ck you were doing. Why don't people these days push themselves to do something they actually enjoy? And please don't tell me you enjoy standing like a tree in some goddamn shop and let the sun and days pass by.

Because even when people try it's primarily up to the employer to hire people, whether they have the determination, experience or education.

You have to get what you can get, I worked at Wal-Mart during school and high-school when I was younger, paid for all the things I wanted and got to see beautiful women everyday, even the few that worked there. So I can agree with him that freezers do f*cking suck, I remember helping unloading trucks and reefer units (cooling trailers) from trucks that were ice cold. Pay was good for a 16yr old though.

I've only had 4 jobs my entire life. Wal-Mart and McDonalds when I was a teen, Marine Corps after graduation, Union Pipefitter and now I'm going back in business for myself building custom motorcycles and repairs. Life is good, food on the table, roof over the head and don't need for anything.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:39)

Not to mention completely overhaul your personality. Sales is about being affable, charismatic and confident. You need to forge meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships with clients based on respect and an understanding of their needs. You don't tick a single box.

You mean this right?

You need to forge meaningless, one sided relationships (In your favour) based on your dislike of the client and the understanding that your paycheck doesn't increase by itself.

Okay, it's not that bad, the relationship is mutually beneficial, a good salesmen can fake a good relationship and get the most out of the buyer while still seeming genuine and honest and make it seem like the buyer is getting a good deal, see it's a mutual benefit because the salesman has no meaning in the relationship so they can get the most money which is beneficial for them, the buyer thinks the relationship has meaning and is getting a good deal, which is also good for them. So yeah...mutually beneficial.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

I work part-time at Coles (a supermarket). I drag cages around and put stuff on shelves. It's paying for books (I'm doing both a law degree and a commerce degree, books are expensive as f*ck understandably), the petrol for my car, future holidays, and week-end shenanigans. I don't really enjoy the work, and will quit as soon as I find internship work at a law firm or an investment bank (which I'm leaving until the end of my 3rd or 4th year), and like GunWrath said, it's one of the few basic jobs I could find easily available, so I'm at least content with the money I'm getting (which is not that bad for someone living at home without any serious expenses).

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm a 'free loading, lazy, corrupt piece of bacon' apparently...

I work in the public legal alignment sector as a practitioner...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Just finished with Google AdWords on Friday. Will start with Apple in 2 weeks. I'm also a semi-professional photographer.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 10:39)

Thanks, guise.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by Ziggy455, 05 July 2013 - 12:35 AM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 15:18)
QUOTE (Max. @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 10:39)

Thanks, guise.

Try not to be a completely immoral cheater, although in sales, I don't know how being anything like you are is gonna get you any semblance of a job beyond packing sh*t in boxes. Sales focuses on relationships, the right attitude, the right mindframe, and a lot of effort. I only see you putting in effort, and as you've proven in the past, effort alone doesn't get you much respect without the right attitude. Drop that, shave that beard, cover the tats. Cut down your 'juana intake, and focus on the actual field by immersing yourself in it.

Don't take it as a insult or a jest. It's the honest truth. monocle.gif

EDIT: Quite possibly continue working and go for some work experience in sales. Get a crawl going before the walk.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

I've got an interview for two volunteer jobs next Wednesday! An recreational manager and a computer tutor.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by GTA-King, 05 July 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Maybe I should be a politician.

:]

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 00:48)
Maybe I should be a politician.

You'd fit well in with the others there. Of course, like many things, politicians mean to go on as they are. Unless you got the grades, you won't be hitting any conferences with the District Attorney or Vice President. Actually, f*ck it. If George Bush can run this country into the ground, you're a shoe-in for the next leader.

I jest. Don't do it. Stick to being detested in sales or whatever.

I've done a bit of work back and forth. Retail, security, bar-work and more retail. I just got out of college and although I've been given a scholarship to a Writing for TV and Film course, I'm gonna take a year off and get some cash saved up. It's been a traumatic year and work seems so much easier.

Inverted-Penguin
  • Inverted-Penguin

The respectful One

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm a electrical engineer! smile.gif

somedude224
  • somedude224

Brody

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (A loaded rifle @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:36)
I get paid to suck water out of hoses with my eyes closed.

When I graduate I will join the marine corps as infantry, and then eventually will transition into being a border patrol agent.

Interesting, I thought about going to the marines, but my friends convinced me to go to college instead. So now I'm in year two of studying criminal justice. bored.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

Not to sound like a lazy little prick, but i never worked a day in my life. working in my country is kinda bad if you dont have proper education. i might enlist in the army soon though. we'll see.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

I was recently promoted to Shift Supervisor at Round Table Pizza. I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do, other than counting money, and writing numbers down or entering them into a computer. I feel I'm terribly undertrained, but my social anxieties coupled with my pride prevent me from voicing my concerns to my employers. They have yet to even give me a raise, telling me it's payroll's fault and that they'll talk to somebody who will talk to somebody about it. I walk nine miles to work, and now work five days a week, 25-27 hours a week. I feel like I've somehow fooled them into promoting me, mainly due to the fact that I'm very charismatic and easygoing. I hide my stress well, but I hate my job and wish I'd never been promoted.

Country Sapper
  • Country Sapper

I can't I'm on my Ipad

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by Country Sapper, 25 May 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Thread restart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users