Saints Row IV refused classification in Australia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Somebody email R* about this, they should have a rough idea how it will go down... we need to know now.

John Marston
  • John Marston

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (BillGates @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:05)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:55)
Rated R for retarded?

Good job.. Good job. lol.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

Yeah, really 'great' job Miamivicecity...

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 21:55)
Rated R for retarded?

Best. Line. Ever

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:07)
Somebody email R* about this, they should have a rough idea how it will go down... we need to know now.

Why bother? They won't say sh*t. All you ever get is scripted sh*t back from them if you ask about a game that isn't out yet.

brown finger
  • brown finger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

The irony is tha Australia was a convict colony.

is there any justice? ?

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

THis country is a farqing joke. We finally have a R18+ rating and what for? This shyt still happens. Im not a SR fan but its still not right that these old geezers are dictating what grown adults are allowed to view as entertainment. If this has a similar outcome for V i will be absolutely livid.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

It wasn't going to sell much anyways

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

In all seriousness unless GTA V has a sex slave trading side mission I can't see why it would get banned. On the violence front it should be safe considering in The Last Of Us a close range shotgun blast to the face means a splattered head everywhere.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

why is it still for sale through EB games and steam? (just mention a couple)

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Gilly1987 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:45)
Funny that Australia are so strict on these matters considering theirCountry was formed by rapist, thieves and murderers.
Double standards Australia, double standards.

As far as I know, this was true originally. There were serious problems in sanitation, bad food and the likes. Another problem was that the cities were overcrowded. At first the British used lies and deception to get people into North America. Then they decided to send them to Australia. But since this time no-one believed their lies, they had to force people to move. However, they did not want to cause mutiny, so the acceptable solution was to send criminals there. (The French did the same in South America). However that was numerous generations ago. So at current situation your comment is like saying we don't need any intelligent discussion, because we used to be cave-men with just a couple of grunts to utter to eachother.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

No big deal, just import it from UK. It'll be cheaper as well.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:11)
In all seriousness unless GTA V has a sex slave trading side mission I can't see why it would get banned. On the violence front it should be safe considering in The Last Of Us a close range shotgun blast to the face means a splattered head everywhere.

Well while SR does tend to have far more heavy and obvious sexual innuendos and situations than GTA my main concern is the drug aspect. Trevor is clearly heavily involved in drug trade judging byt what we know and have seen of V so far. This theme will most likely be interwoven into his narrative and i can already see these classification board fossils having a bitch session over it.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 22:11)

Seeing that Ellie almost gets raped and it shows infected giving Ellie a super hicky is enough to know that this whole thing is stupid

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 25 June 2013 - 11:27 AM.

I'm going to say this once and once only if anyone mentions after this post Australia being formed out of convicts I'll be requesting a warning.

Not only does it have nothing to do with the thread, but personally speaking I find it offensive. My ancestors were immigrants from England who were not convicts.

Stick to the f*cking thread and leave that sh*t out.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (DTUMan @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:43)
The R18+ classification guidelines say:  "Implied sexual violence that is visually depicted, interactive, not justified by context or related to incentives or rewards is not permitted."

The board says (in relation to Saints Row IV being banned): "In the Boards opinion, Saints Row IV, includes interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence which are not justified by context."

In other words, the board's main argument for banning Saints Row IV was because it, in their opinion, featured visual and graphic depictions of implied sexual violence that probably does not relate to the storyline itself (i.e; gameplay that is so over the top and violent that it didn't even pass for the R18+ rating). No game in the GTA series has never really depicted, implied or otherwise, sexual violence; let alone not by context. Violence in general shouldn't be a problem either for GTA V as there has many games released (and not banned in Australia) that are way more violent and gory then any GTA game has ever been.

In short, stop worrying. If worse comes to worse and the violent content has to be toned down for the Australian version (which I highly doubt will be the case) - it's not like Rockstar can't just release an patch at a later time to add that toned down content back in, similar to what they did with GTA IV.

Just listen to this guy.

You have to see why it was banned. Interactive sexual violence and drug-use that leads to gameplay benefits are frowned upon, and that makes sense to me. What's interesting though, is the "justified by context" section, which is where I can see Saints Row IV falling short. What they're saying is that if there was a purpose for the supposed sexual violence (whether it serves the story or not), it may have gone over better. With Saints Row, it's harder to justify anything because the wacky nature of the game doesn't really allow it.

At any rate, Australian classification hasn't improved, but it hasn't gotten worse either. If GTA IV was allowed, GTA V will be too.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:07)

You made it sound like it's a matter of national security.. It's just a game.

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:34)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:07)

You made it sound like it's a matter of national security.. It's just a game.

Lmao, They're going to protest over a video game.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

It will meet classification in Australia, they will censor things if it doesn't, in which case you should buy from here if you want it uncensored.
http://www.ozgameshop.com/

I will get it here if it's censored or not, I got my collectors edition waiting.

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Welcome to Burger Shot, Mo' F**kaa!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (John Marston @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:08)
QUOTE (BillGates @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:05)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:55)
Rated R for retarded?

Good job.. Good job. lol.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

Yeah, really 'great' job Miamivicecity...

You mean you didn't ever play Vice City. Either that or you are just ignorant confused.gif

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Haha, wow. So much for the R18 rating. I couldn't imagine it to be Saints Row 4 of all games.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

And who says Australians have no taste? (joke)

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ah you f*cking fa**ots. I knew it'd finally come, I knew that not even a R18 Rating for a Video Game could hold the Butt f*ckers like Donald Mcdonald who has the dumbest f*cking name in the world, most likely got given birth too going thrown a Mcdonalds blah.. The comedy can take a side right now, but this.. this has be worked up. Now me for one could give two f*cks about Saints Row. I'd eventually buy it though, sure enough.. BUT.. Whats this say for V? What the f*ck does this say right now for games that maybe refused.. and trust me, they'll only be refused here. In Australia, the place that once had a Good Name but is now run by a Red Headed Lesbian Dike who nobody f*cking wants to be the PM anyway. Australia, seriously I might have been living here for the past 22 Years. But I swear, I'll move to LA if you f*ck me over with V. I don't care if I have do work at some Mexican Carwash, I couldn't give two sh*ts about my 900 Dollar Living Pension. (Yeah I'm mudda fk'n 22 and I get 900 Dollars for Schooling don't fk'n ask I won't fk'n reply) I'll do it, I go down there and get myself a Fk'n Trolly and sh*tty 420P TV which will fit in my Trolly and by the time Heat 2 Releases you'll see my ass playing V on that TV you see in that first seen.

f*ck YOU DOLPHIN!

ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

It's been banned because there is no justification in the game, I guess the 2randumb stuff caught up with them, who know you actually had to write a story for your games.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:05)
Ah you f*cking fa**ots. I knew it'd finally come, I knew that not even a R18 Rating for a Video Game could hold the Butt f*ckers like Donald Mcdonald who has the dumbest f*cking name in the world, most likely got given birth too going thrown a Mcdonalds blah.. The comedy can take a side right now, but this.. this has be worked up. Now me for one could give two f*cks about Saints Row. I'd eventually buy it though, sure enough.. BUT.. Whats this say for V? What the f*ck does this say right now for games that maybe refused.. and trust me, they'll only be refused here. In Australia, the place that once had a Good Name but is now run by a Red Headed Lesbian Dike who nobody f*cking wants to be the PM anyway. Australia, seriously I might have been living here for the past 22 Years. But I swear, I'll move to LA if you f*ck me over with V. I don't care if I have do work at some Mexican Carwash, I couldn't give two sh*ts about my 900 Dollar Living Pension. (Yeah I'm mudda fk'n 22 and I get 900 Dollars for Schooling don't fk'n ask I won't fk'n reply) I'll do it, I go down there and get myself a Fk'n Trolly and sh*tty 420P TV which will fit in my Trolly and by the time Heat 2 Releases you'll see my ass playing V on that TV you see in that first seen.

f*ck YOU DOLPHIN!

The funny thing is, the Australian government just gave a cash injection to the developers of 'Whore of the Orient'. Would be hilarious if that was refused classification as well (if it ever gets finished).

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:16)
QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:05)

f*ck YOU DOLPHIN!

The funny thing is, the Australian government just gave a cash injection to the developers of 'Whore of the Orient'. Would be hilarious if that was refused classification as well (if it ever gets finished).

Bah it'll refuse classification just because it has Whore in the name. It's all f*cked up.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

GTA V will be released in Australia. End of Discussion.

However it may be gimped, and that would be a more appropriate topic...

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (UltimateVenom @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:25)

This.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:27)
QUOTE (UltimateVenom @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:25)

This.

And on that note this thread isn't requred anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users