Silvio Berlusconi is found guilty

36 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

everybody's favorite horny uncle - former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi - was sentenced to a 7-year term in prison and banned from running for public office ever again.
why? because it's not illegal to have sex with a 14-17 year old girl in Italy... unless you pay her for it. so apparently that's what he did. and people say there's a problem with youth unemployment. I say more power to young girls selling their bodies to drunk world leaders!

I don't know how much you have to pay for some prime Italian girl pussy, but I hope it was worth it!
user posted image

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-23034167

http://www.guardian....rage-prostitute

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

That guy was such a scumbag. Will he have to serve the whole 7? Or will he use his connections to dodge it?

Zugzwang
  • Zugzwang

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

You know at the end of the day this guy did worse things than have sex with an adolescent prostitute. There are much more damaging things one can do than having sex with underage prostitutes (though there are certainly different degrees of 'underage'), and being a severely corrupt politician is one of them.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Knowing italy - he will never see the inside of a jail cel. He can appeal this verdict twice more if I recall correctly, and even if he gets convicted by Italy's equivalent of the Supreme Court - he will most likely both due to his age and the 'mildness' of the charges - spend the rest of his days under house arrest in his golden cage. If it even gets that far, that is.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

About time this happened.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

I'm sorry but if you're an elderly adult male and have to sleep with a girl of that age, your balls should be cut off and then you're hanged. Not a 7yr term.

So who's up for some lasagna?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Expect about 10 years worth of appeal process before he even ventures near a prison.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Considering the stranglehold he had on the media, I must confess some shock that he did not have the power to somehow evade his downfall.
Italy is, of course, a democracy. But I was led to believe that it was a sufficiently corrupt democracy to allow a man like Berlusconi to weather the allegations against him.
For instance, didn't he make amendments to Italian law which basically made him immune from any prosecution?
When he was in power, I would have judged anything like this happening an impossibility. I still can't quite grasp how it all happened.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 16:37)
Considering the stranglehold he had on the media, I must confess some shock that he did not have the power to somehow evade his downfall.
Italy is, of course, a democracy. But I was led to believe that it was a sufficiently corrupt democracy to allow a man like Berlusconi to weather the allegations against him.
For instance, didn't he make amendments to Italian law which basically made him immune from any prosecution?
When he was in power, I would have judged anything like this happening an impossibility. I still can't quite grasp how it all happened.

I guess nobody ever had the balls or media connections to abuse the position.

dontgetit.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 08:55)

dontgetit.gif

Sorry, I don't quite take your meaning.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

It was about time; it's very unlikely he will enter in prison though.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:00)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 08:55)

dontgetit.gif

Sorry, I don't quite take your meaning.

Oh you meant his being prosecuted seemed impossible- not his abuse of his position. Nevermind.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 07:32)
Expect about 10 years worth of appeal process before he even ventures near a prison.

And considering his age it is very likely that he'll never set a foot inside a prison. But regardless, the fact that he was convicted is a good thing. Although liking pussy too much was probably the least of his sins.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 06:17)
I'm sorry but if you're an elderly adult male and have to sleep with a girl of that age, your balls should be cut off and then you're hanged. Not a 7yr term.

f*ck that, more power to him. ABAP.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

No proofs, 12 witnesses said there was no crime, the "victim" said that she wasn't the victim of any crime, the prosecutor even asked less years. This was a moral sentence, I am disgusted by this, and I've always been against berlusconi. 7 years is ridicolous, I could sell drugs in front of the police and get less, maybe not even go to jail since I've never been arrested. To make this country work all the people that work in public institutions should be fired.
I'm already planning to emigrate to France or UK as soon as I get a degree. Even Spain. I won't pay an enormous amount of taxes for this sh*t. Young people with a degree that get 1,300 euros per month are considered "lucky". f*ck this.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Ascer @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:08)
No proofs, 12 witnesses said there was no crime, the "victim" said that she wasn't the victim of any crime, the prosecutor even asked less years. This was a moral sentence, I am disgusted by this, and I've always been against berlusconi. 7 years is ridicolous, I could sell drugs in front of the police and get less, maybe not even go to jail since I've never been arrested. To make this country work all the people that work in public institutions should be fired.
I'm already planning to emigrate to France or UK as soon as I get a degree. Even Spain. I won't pay an enormous amount of taxes for this sh*t. Young people with a degree that get 1,300 euros per month are considered "lucky". f*ck this.

If you're fleeing because of the corruption of your country I don't recommend you to come here to Spain. There are just corrupt politican, businessman and banker scumbags who don't pay for their crimes. Those who have prison sentences don't enter in jail and who does usually get the pardon by some politican. Even members of our current government are involved in corruption affairs. In addition, the justice disqualify judges who are internationally accredited and who try to judge and end with the corruption.
At the same time, while these f*ckers are getting richer, spending and earning millions of euros from the state coffers they try (and acomplish, thanks to many of these UE organisms such as the ECB) to lower the cages and worsen the working class conditions. The unemployment between the young people is hitting almost the 60% and what do they do? ease the leyoff and lower the salary.
I'm f*cking sick of this country.

If we want to leave the crisis we would have to clean the whole administration first.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:25)

If you're fleeing because of the corruption of your country I don't recommend you to come here to Spain. There are just corrupt politican, businessman and banker scumbags who don't pay for their crimes. Those who have prison sentences don't enter in jail and who does usually get the pardon by some politican. Even members of our current government are involved in corruption affairs. In addition, the justice disqualify judges who are internationally accredited and who try to judge and end with the corruption.
At the same time, while these f*ckers are getting richer, spending and earning millions of euros from the state coffers they try (and acomplish, thanks to many of these UE organisms such as the ECB) to lower the cages and worsen the working class conditions. The unemployment between the young people is hitting almost the 60% and what do they do? ease the leyoff and lower the salary.

If we want to leave the crisis we would have to clean the whole administration first.

The corruption is the last of the reasons, the main reason is making all the studies worth it. I've mentioned spain because there is still people that emigrate from my country to spain, expecially in barcellona and madrid and because of the weather lol.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Ascer @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:38)

The corruption is the last of the reasons, the main reason is making all the studies worth it. I've mentioned spain because there is still people that emigrate from my country to spain, expecially in barcellona and madrid and because of the weather lol.

Yeah i'm in the same situation, i've got a degree in I.T. an earn 800 a month, my uncle has a bachelor's degree and whilst living here he was earning 1100, how are you supposed to hold a family like that?

Regarding the sentence, he WILL find a positive way to get out of the mess, as always...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Ascer @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:38)

It wouldn't make much sense emigrating somewhere just for the weather, less when you're fleeing from a country for monetary and job reasons. Here there's not job, the people with high degres are leaving the country. And a big part of this is related with the plundering caused by the corruption.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I don't think he'll serve time in prison. He should have good connections to avoid imprisonment.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Was she 14 or 17?

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

About time, f*ckig scumbag.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I hope Mario Draghi

user posted image

joins him. #criminal

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 16:33)
I hope Mario Draghi

user posted image

joins him. #criminal

So what's Mario done that's illegal then?

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by Stephan123, 25 June 2013 - 05:02 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:12)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 16:33)
I hope Mario Draghi

user posted image

joins him. #criminal

So what's Mario done that's illegal then?

He responsible for he ECB, which gave 9.2 billion € emergency credits to the Cypriotic Laiki bank, which was already de facto bankrupt at that time, with the purpose to help other banks and investors to withdraw all their money from the Laiki bank, while later Cypriotic people and companies lost much money, because of the compulsory charge.

http://www.faz.net/a...n-12242743.html

By bypassing the laws, through buying state bonds of Greece, Italy and Ireland from the markets and not directly from the states, which are worth over 200 billion Euros, the ECB did monetary state financing, which is forbidden.

I hope Europe finds justice and brings him into jail.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:58)
I hope Europe finds justice and brings him into jail.

So, what's the criminal sanction for ECB-sponsored state financing these days? Oh, that's right, it isn't a criminal offence.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 00:32)

QUOTE (LifeWithScissors @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 06:59)
I don't think he'll serve time in prison.

you guys are on to something...

the appeals process stared immediately.
and of course, you don't have to wait in prison during the appeals process. and of course, the appeals process will take almost 2 years in and of itself.

by the time it's over Silvio will likely never see the walls of any prison cell.
he's still publicly shamed from ever returning to government office but he doesn't care about that anymore.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:40)

and of course, you don't have to wait in prison during the appeals process. and of course, the appeals process will take almost 2 years in and of itself.

by the time it's over Silvio will likely never see the walls of any prison cell.
he's still publicly shamed from ever returning to government office but he doesn't care about that anymore.

Even if he didn't appeal it would be the same story. According to Italian law he's simply too old and the crime is too mild (no murder or mafia business) to imprison. Besides he can still (because of the lengthy appeals process) serve in public office. So the trial and subsequent verdict is basically futile.

Leblanc
  • Leblanc

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:15)
QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:40)

Even if he didn't appeal it would be the same story. According to Italian law he's simply too old and the crime is too mild (no murder or mafia business) to imprison. Besides he can still (because of the lengthy appeals process) serve in public office. So the trial and subsequent verdict is basically futile.

Maybe he sets a foot in prison... maybe not, but the important thing is that he will never be seen in politics, the PDL (his political party) loses extremely credibility and leverage against other political party, congress and senate. The PD (socialist party) will be the strongest political ruling party (which is great for my country). Like Hector Lavoe once said... "Everything has it's end" (Todo tiene su final)

Leblanc
  • Leblanc

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:21)
About time, f*ckig scumbag.

One down, there are still plenty political criminals in Venezuela that have to jail.. Starting up with Henrique Capriles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users