Photo

Problem with PC?

4 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

So I bought this gaming PC back in February 2011 for about 1900$ with a 6970, anyway around December of last year I was playing Bad Company 2 and it all exploded in the inside (Just the PSU) fast forward to February 2013 I replaced it with a better one.

I've been gaming a lot lately like Battlefield 3, or CSS but for some reason if I play over an hour on each game the PC's fans (it has 3) will out of nowhere go extremely loud and everything shuts down at the same time forcing me to restart it by flipping the switch on the back.

Is there a problem in the inside of the PC? Maybe need to replace the thermal paste? Or should I place my PC somewhere else where it has enough room to 'breathe'

Thanks

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think you'll have to do both, it's overheating obviously and you might want to just wipe it clean from the inside. How often do you clean it?

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:41)
I think you'll have to do both, it's overheating obviously and you might want to just wipe it clean from the inside. How often do you clean it?

Since I first got it I only cleaned it out once and that was while I was replacing the PSU back in February, but will be doing it much more often now.

Thanks for the advice

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Your computer sounds like it is overheating, either the GPU or something else. Have you tried using MSI afterburner, HWMonitor, or Furmark to determine if your components are overheating?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:41)

Since I first got it I only cleaned it out once and that was while I was replacing the PSU back in February, but will be doing it much more often now.

Thanks for the advice

No problem, you should clean it out once a month.(at least I do tounge2.gif ) And I've never had mine shut off on me yet and it's 3 years old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users