Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which "Rockstar" do you like better?

48 replies to this topic

Poll: Which "Rockstar" do you like better? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Which "Rockstar" do you like better?

1. The current Rockstar (50 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

2. The new millennium Rockstar (35 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

How am I provoking when I just quoted Daz and told him that I agree with his points, then jamieleng quotes me and starts to provoke me by using words like "bitching andd moaning bcuz rokstar wont reles for ur platform hurr durr!!1!"?

How did I provoke him? Or you just really hate me because of that Jewish/Nazi thing?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:16)
You quoted me and added stupid sh*t to your post. And you're telling me that you got your point "across" .. Hah.

Well of course I quoted you, I'm responding to you. I'm talking about the quote in your signature.

I know I'm in a terrible mood today, because I'm getting embroiled in discussions I usually avoid.

How did I provoke him? Or you just really hate me because of that Jewish/Nazi thing?

Almost every post of yours is hate filled moaning.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:21)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:16)
You quoted me and added stupid sh*t to your post. And you're telling me that you got your point "across" .. Hah.

Well of course I quoted you, I'm responding to you. I'm talking about the quote in your signature.

I know I'm in a terrible mood today, because I'm getting embroiled in discussions I usually avoid.

Almost every post of yours is hate filled moaning.

Wow, so, you're in a terrible mood because you join in a discussion you usually avoid, then why join in? No one is holding a gun to your point and tells you to join in. No?

And almost every post of mine is hate filled moaning? I'm done with a pathetic guy like you.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:27 AM Edited by Daz, 25 June 2013 - 11:29 AM.

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:06)
Oh & Daz. Swearing is for people who can't get their point across any other way.

Haha, do you even know who I am?

This statement is beyond moronic. Swearing is fun and awesome and I will always f*cking swear. However the f*cking minge bump, c*ntrope way I want to. Besides, I only swore once in the previous post and that was telling you to gtfo.

What is it to you anyway?

The way I see this, we were all talking about the subject at hand and you derailed the f*ck out of it.

My points against Rockstar are still valid. Make your opinions how you want but don't start accusing people of things without any merit.

So just drop it.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 25 June 2013 - 11:50 AM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:50)
How am I provoking when I just quoted Daz and told him that I agree with his points, then jamieleng quotes me and starts to provoke me by using words like "bitching andd moaning bcuz rokstar wont reles for ur platform hurr durr!!1!"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you a few weeks ago say that "GTA V is turning out to be unbelievable"?

Admit it: Deep down like/love their games; but now it's being obscured by your ( and my ) hate on the day one DLC method of Rockstar.

I am also quietly confident that most of these "IV haters" haters have absolutely no idea of why they basically "hate" IV. I would call them ( not particularly you ) sheep, for they just blindly hate it just because some do.

I also like how most of these sheep say "hurr durr IV no activiteis!!". IV has as much, or at least nearly as much side-activities as Vice City did.

Also, there is absolutely no way that IV's and other current gen R* titles have inferior cinematics to the previous gen R* games. There is also no way that San Andreas' story is superior to IV's. IV was a well written piece; San Andreas wasn't, for it was an absolute mess.

I also like those people who hate GTA IV particularly for its "dark" and grey look, while at the same time like Watch_Dogs style in particular. lol.gif

Now back to personally replying to you, how can you like Ubisoft ( if you do ), when you hate R* for their day one DLC's. The playstation versions of WD have a full hour of exclusive gameplay, amongst others.

That isn't even the only "Day one DLC" of WD, there are plenty more! Compared to that, GTA V's measly clothing and a couple of vehicles are nothing!

I am not a an of it, let me remind you.

Didn't really try to be mean though. smile.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:44)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you a few weeks ago say that "GTA V is turning out to be unbelievable"?

Admit it: Deep down like/love their games; but now it's being obscured by your ( and my ) hate on the day one DLC method of Rockstar.

I am also quietly confident that most of these "IV haters" haters have absolutely no idea of why they basically "hate" IV. I would call them ( not particularly you ) sheep, for they just blindly hate it just because some do.

I also like how most of these sheep say "hurr durr IV no activiteis!!". IV has as much, or at least nearly as much side-activities as Vice City did.

Also, there is absolutely no way that IV's and other current gen R* titles have inferior cinematics to the previous gen R* games. There is also no way that San Andreas' story is superior to IV's. IV was a well written piece; San Andreas wasn't, for it was an absolute mess.

I also like those people who hate GTA IV particularly for its "dark" and grey look, while at the same time like Watch_Dogs style in particular. lol.gif

Now back to personally replying to you, how can you like Ubisoft ( if you do ), when you hate R* for their day one DLC's. The playstation versions of WD have a full hour of exclusive gameplay, amongst others.

That isn't even the only "Day one DLC" of WD, there are plenty more! Compared to that, GTA V's measly clothing and a couple of vehicles are nothing!

I am not a an of it, let me remind you.

"A few weeks ago" smile.gif, not really, that was... Before they announced Day-1 DLC. (CE/SE). Before that, I had nothing against Rockstar.

Admit what? God I hate this way of talking with someone. "ADMIT IT U THIS U THAT" (not particularly about you).

Here's what I will admit, I will admit that I loved III, VC, and SA, and I loved IV's story. But IV's game play was uttersh*t. Apart from that, IV was great. Even though the story is so 90s. (I retract my previous post about hating IV's story, thinking about it again, I liked it).

I won't comment about side-activities being on the same level as VC since when I was young I played VC for the love of killing people and driving cars.

San Andreas' story eh... Really unrealistic. Yes it was an absolute mess.
I didn't like IV's dark and grey look, but it wasn't gamebreaking for me either.

You know why I am not pissed off about Ubisoft doing day-1 DLCs? Because I expect such thing from them, but never expected that from Rockstar.

But did Ubisoft add exclusive content to a "SE" say, and release it a few months later as DLC? If so. Proof please.

Yeah, Rockstar claims that Ce / SE digital content is exclusive then later on release it as a DLC. That's why I fuicking hate Rockstar, did y'all get it now? Not because it isn't coming to PC or whatever, smh at people like jamieleng.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 11:44)

Do you really expect someone to list every single thing wrong with IV in here? If you want me to, I can do it, I have a whole damn list.

The reason San an was better than IV was because you had more freedom, more choice of everything. IV gave you the bare minimum required. IE, only two types per weapon type, only two helicopters, only two pieces of headgear. Etc.

IV was trying too much to be a sim. GTA games were all about fun and humour and IV lost all of that. Not that I am saying the game is bad, infact it has one of the best game engines out there and the best driving physics of any other game made. That said, everything else about it I didn't like. Every mission was way too samey, I got sick to death of Niko and his constant whiney and downy attitude. CONSTANT nags from friends to get you to go out and do pointless non-fun activities, and if you didn't you would lose relationship points with them, thus miss out on abilities and achievements. Among a hundred other things wrong with the game that didnt make it fun.

As for the "Turd Brown" look. The game looked decent enough at night with lights, and its fine, new york is like that, I only ever had an issue with other games like Saints Row: The Third copying that sh*tty brown color thus making that game worse for it. I like never thought this as one of the negative points but I personally do prefer the less smoggy, sun drenched beach look to the brown wash of IV. It wasnt even done in a seedy tone like GTA3 had done in the past. It was just like someone spilt their chocolate milk on the canvas.

I don't know who you are refering to in regard to the cinematics. I for one, never said cinematics in previous games were better. I only said they were sh*t in general. Mostly only in reply to Max Payne 3. They constantly take control away from you for pointless reasons. And when replaying this game for the 5th time in a row to get all the achievements, and even in the arcade mode, you couldnt even skip the same cutscenes you have seen a hundred times.

I didn't like the storytelling for the game at all, or any of the characters. Max is always cool but he got portrayed as the old washed up oaf a little too much. You must remember, these are videogames NOT movies. If I want a gripping piece of cinema I will go pull one out of my collection. It still boils down to it being a game, and nobody wants to watch even their favorite movie over and over every day. I got extremely sick of it.

As for IV and RDR. The cutscenes didnt stop the gameplay, due to them being free roam. But I didn't find anything positive about the so called 'story' they were trying to shove in my face.

TBOGT had some great missions, it was a shame the base game was not as good as this DLC. But even with the missions fun. I still dont even remember anything memorable about the plot.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Happyness)
"A few weeks ago" smile.gif, not really, that was... Before they announced Day-1 DLC. (CE/SE). Before that, I had nothing against Rockstar.

topic=512152&view=findpost&p=1062632490]Nope. It was said only 11 days ago. tounge.gif

Yeah, Rockstar claims that Ce / SE digital content is exclusive then later on release it as a DLC. That's why I fuicking hate Rockstar, did y'all get it now?

Isn't that actually better than "you must pre-ordere" strategy? I mean, you at least get to play the "full cake", at least somewhere down the line..

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Fix the link. smile.gif

And no, that is not a better strategy, that is bullsh*t and they're lying to you.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Preorder bonuses are just a scam to get you to buy from specific retailers.

Personally it annoys me greatly because often I want all the content but I am definately not going to buy 3 versions of a game just to get it.

As long as that content is released later at a date for everyone, I have no problem with it.

Splinter Cell Convition for example, I ordered Play.com to get a free carabina flashlight. But the bonus from GAME was a unique gun, that NEVER EVER got released. Now that is part of the game I bought that is held hostage from me.

I also refuse to spend twice the amount on a special edition for useless items just to get digital content I want.

Therefore I have to refuse to let it sway me anymore. I spent an extra 10 for the Deus Ex HR limited edition and they released the shotgun (only thing I bought it for) later for cheap. All I ended up with was an oversized box in my game stack that constantly sets off my OCD and annoys me.

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Rockstar sucks until they release Agent. Or Manhunt 3/Bully 2.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by Street Mix, 27 June 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Comparison is unfair cause last gen had a lot more games (and multiple big releases per year as opposed to 1 big game per year scheme).

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by Futo, 26 June 2013 - 04:57 AM.

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 02:26)
As games have become harder to develop & companies are trying to turn every franchise into COD, or squeeze every penny from it like Assassins Creed. There's Rockstar, swimming effortlessly against the tide, giving each of their games the development time it needs & each one their day in the sun.

Rockstar could quite easily have done what Ubisoft did & made twice as much money this gen. So next time someone says 'Rockstar only care about what's in your wallet', yes but they aren't trying to gorge themselves on it. Quality over quantity will get my money everytime

Spot on post mate. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I love all Rockstar btw, which should be a 3rd option on the poll.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:33)
Comparison is unfair cause last gen had a lot more games (and multiple big releases).

I think that is part of the reason why you have to decide which is better.

For me, The new millennium Rockstar is better. If you didn't like GTA III, no problem - wait ONE YEAR for Vice City. Didn't get what you wanted from Vice City, San Andreas was just under 2 years away. GREAT games that didn't take forever, they still don't.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

A couple of people in this thread have got a sh*tload of sand in their vagina's eh?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Futo @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:26)
A couple of people in this thread have got a sh*tload of sand in their vagina's eh?

Just because we like one thing from another doesn't make our opinion sh*t and yours holy.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:06)

Just because we like one thing from another doesn't make our opinion sh*t and yours holy.

I never said it does. On the contrary that is exactly how you're coming across. Also it's not always cool and alternative to be in the minority ya know.

Is your username meant as sarcasm? Honest question.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Futo @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:16)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:06)

I never said it does. On the contrary that is exactly how you're coming across. Also it's not always cool and alternative to be in the minority ya know.

Is your username meant as sarcasm? Honest question.

smile.gif

My username is a reference to the movie, "In pursuit of Happyness", played by Will & Jaden Smith, really awesome, I recommend it if you like Drama and shiznit like that.

Well, I am not being in the "minority" if that's what you meant. I'm stating what I like, I don't care about others. (I may have misunderstood your post).

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'd have to say The New Millennium Rockstar, GTA IV and Red Dead were both great but I like GTA 3, VC and San Andreas more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users