PS4 VS GAMING PC

4 replies to this topic
ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

Could a PS4 run IV at the highest settings with 45 fps plus? I am torn between converting my regular pc to a gaming pc and was wondering if just getting a PS4 would do the trick. The only pc game I would be getting is IV/V.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

It is unlikely that GTA IV will be ported to PS4. As for GTA V, that is also unknown for the time being, but almost certainly will be ported to pc, probably next year. We may have to wait for GTA VI for a PS4 gta game and that will be in another 5 years or so.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 25 June 2013 - 08:22 AM.

Chances are that Rockstar will eventually port GTAIV to PlayStation 4. They have ported III, Vice City and San Andreas from PS2 to PS3, although a long time after the release of each of those titles. The question wouldn't be only if they will do the same thing with IV, namely porting it from the PS3/X360/PC to PS4. But also, when it would happen if it happens. The PS4 is theoretically capable of running IV maxed out with +45 FPS, but it depends on how much effort Rockstar would put into the port. If it's for example a straight port from the PC version, and they don't bother with optimizing it any further, then that's questionable.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:45)
Could a PS4 run IV at the highest settings with 45 fps plus?  I am torn between converting my regular pc to a gaming pc and was wondering if just getting a PS4 would do the trick.  The only pc game I would be getting is IV/V.

Doesn't work that way, the games are pretty much a 1:1 emulation of the original version. And you cannot select graphics settings on consoles.

If you play, for example, GT4 on PS3, it isn't going to run or look any better on PS3 than it did on PS2. And I'm not so sure either console has backwards compatabilty this time around.

Gaming PC would obviously provide a better experience, but you'll have to shop around and/or buy used and/or last gen hardware or else it could get fairly expensive. If you do decide to go PC I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who could "build" you one for a reasonable price.

EDIT: What are your specs? You might be able to "convert" your PC to a gaming one provided you have decent specs already, V shouldn't be too much more demanding on hardware than IV was considering it's the same engine with similarly detailed assets since it's a current gen game.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

rockstar makes their GTA console games run at 30 fps, i doubt that will ever change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users