Worst R* title?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Every game that was not a GTA or RDR was terrible. Except for China Town Wars that also was a joke, I've never been a fan of their original GTAs. The entire over view aspect is unplayable for me.
I TRIED to play both the DS and the PSP version of CTW and I couldn't do it. And as for the none GTA games...lets face it...R* can't make a game period. They need to stay with GTA and RDR.
LA Noire was the biggest of all disappointments for me. I knew about it 2 years in advance before the release. Waited and waited and then once it finally got out. Played it, instantly hated it.
I free roamed a bit and found out the hard way what a piece of crap it was. The city was totally closed off. The fact it was strict to the story only aspect was the worse part. The lack of exploration
was insulting. So they basically tricked their fans and the general audience.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Evel knievel, no question. Itīs a f*cking aberration.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

The Top-Down GTA games aren't my cup of tea.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Gst0395, 25 June 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Speaking about Evel Knievel, how about these obscure titles?

user posted image

user posted image

I doubt anyone has actually played these to be honest. Believe it or not though, Rockstar used to publish alot of these GBC games back in the day. The developer of the games is now Rockstar Lincoln I believe.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:47)
How about these obscure titles?

user posted image

I doubt anyone has actually played these to be honest.

I have that one, haven't played it though. Bought it on the flea market cause it looked okay-ish.

Didn't know it was Rockstar neither.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:26)
Every game that was not a GTA or RDR was terrible. Except for China Town Wars that also was a joke, I've never been a fan of their original GTAs. The entire over view aspect is unplayable for me.
I TRIED to play both the DS and the PSP version of CTW and I couldn't do it. And as for the none GTA games...lets face it...R* can't make a game period. They need to stay with GTA and RDR.
LA Noire was the biggest of all disappointments for me. I knew about it 2 years in advance before the release. Waited and waited and then once it finally got out. Played it, instantly hated it.
I free roamed a bit and found out the hard way what a piece of crap it was. The city was totally closed off. The fact it was strict to the story only aspect was the worse part. The lack of exploration
was insulting. So they basically tricked their fans and the general audience.

This whole post is just stupid .

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

GTA V obviously. This game is so f*cking sh*t. It's the most retarded game R* will ever release. The graphics are sh*t, gameplay is over the top. It should be named Saints Row V, not Grand Theft Auto V. Seriously, what the f*ck? Sharks? Submarines? Diving? I'd rather play a grass-growing simulator that this piece of sh*t. Trevor is gay, Franklin is racist and Michael is a pedo. Robberies are boring and repetive. Cars are some piece of sh*t ugly cages and City is so small that it takes 25 seconds to run from one side of LS to another. I seriously want to know who would spend $50 on this useless waste. lol just kidding. GTA Advance, I have to say. I don't really see much point in this game. It tells us what happens between LCS and III but I dont really think much people own Game Boy Advance.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sometimes trying to be sarcastic is not funny.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 21:15)
GTA V obviously. This game is so f*cking sh*t. It's the most retarded game R* will ever release. The graphics are sh*t, gameplay is over the top. It should be named Saints Row V, not Grand Theft Auto V. Seriously, what the f*ck? Sharks? Submarines? Diving? I'd rather play a grass-growing simulator that this piece of sh*t. Trevor is gay, Franklin is racist and Michael is a pedo. Robberies are boring and repetive. Cars are some piece of sh*t ugly cages and City is so small that it takes 25 seconds to run from one side of LS to another. I seriously want to know who would spend $50 on this useless waste. lol just kidding. GTA Advance, I have to say. I don't really see much point in this game. It tells us what happens between LCS and III but I dont really think much people own Game Boy Advance.

Nah, didn't find that funny dude. Sorry.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Quite surprised I'm seeing Vice City(My favorite GTA to date) and Red Dead Redemption in this topic. I can only assume these folk haven't played many R* games. mercie_blink.gif

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:42)
Quite surprised I'm seeing Vice City(My favorite GTA to date) and Red Dead Redemption in this topic. I can only assume these folk haven't played many R* games. mercie_blink.gif

Manhunt 2 is the most disappointing.

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

San Andreas made me want to stab myself in the eye repeatedly with a fork.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (The Viperman @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 01:14)
Manhunt 2 is the most disappointing.

Yeah. Even without the censorship it wasn't as great as the first.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

IV was grey, repetitive and far too easy. Had its obvious strong-points, but in many ways it felt like they had sucked a lot of the re-playability out of the game when you compare it to San Andreas.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

State of Emergency without a doubt.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Of the ones I've played, it will have to be GTA 1.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by Gst0395, 26 June 2013 - 11:07 AM.

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 07:11)

While GTA 1 is certainly an extremely dated game by today's standards, you have to remember that the whole series wouldn't even exist had that game never been released. Yeah, the graphics are crap (compared to today's games), the top-down perspective is quite hard to get used to and the driving feels extremely sluggish, but back then it was the sh*t.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Games they developed definitely the vanilla IV. The episodes definitely made up for it.

But I'm not gonna count LA Noire, SoE or Oni etc. as Rockstar only published them. Not that they're bad games I just don't think they should be branded as Rockstars worst when they weren't developing.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:38 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 26 June 2013 - 11:40 AM.

QUOTE (.dre. @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:56)
I haven't played the bad ones so I'm going to say Vice City since it's the worst one I've played personally. Glitches galore, cops are magnetized to your car when chasing you, side missions are a bore, graphics are terrible, physics are the worst, missions are okay..I do like the missions leading up to the bank robbery but that's about it, soundtrack while nostalgic is not that great, Tommy V is a boring cardboard cutout of every white kid's wet dream of an Italian protagonist with no substance but to be fair this was pre-gritty GTA IV so I'll let that pass.
I would say Vice City is overrated but overrated is an overrated word and I don't think everyone actually liked Vice City for the missions. It was just because it was a playable type Scarface movie.

Wait... when did you play Vice City? Sounds like only recently.. because the graphics weren't sh*t in 2002, I'll tell you that. Not amazing but they were relative to the time and style of game. You must have thought San Andreas' graphics were sh*t too.

Are you really serious? The soundtrack is one of the best going. So many classics on it.

BTW, I loved the missions in Vice City..

Wow.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 11:04)
QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 07:11)

While GTA 1 is certainly an extremely dated game by today's standards, you have to remember that the whole series wouldn't even exist had that game never been released. Yeah, the graphics are crap (compared to today's games), the top-down perspective is quite hard to get used to and the driving feels extremely sluggish, but back then it was the sh*t.

Well this is a topic where we compare R* games, and thus I came up with GTA 1 being the worst.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (.dre. @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:56)
I haven't played the bad ones so I'm going to say Vice City since it's the worst one I've played personally. Glitches galore, cops are magnetized to your car when chasing you, side missions are a bore, graphics are terrible, physics are the worst, missions are okay..I do like the missions leading up to the bank robbery but that's about it, soundtrack while nostalgic is not that great, Tommy V is a boring cardboard cutout of every white kid's wet dream of an Italian protagonist with no substance but to be fair this was pre-gritty GTA IV so I'll let that pass.
I would say Vice City is overrated but overrated is an overrated word and I don't think everyone actually liked Vice City for the missions. It was just because it was a playable type Scarface movie.

Wait... when did you play Vice City? Sounds like only recently.. because the graphics weren't sh*t in 2002, I'll tell you that. Not amazing but they were relative to the time and style of game. You must have thought San Andreas' graphics were sh*t too.

Are you really serious? The soundtrack is one of the best going. So many classics on it.

BTW, I loved the missions in Vice City..

Wow.

Agreed. To get a full appreciation of VC you needed to have played it in 2002 IMO. Of course its graphics and physics feel and look dated. The game's almost 11 years old, but as you said bro for its time they were relative to the style of the game.

As for the missions I wouldn't hesitate in saying VC has the best missions in the series. GTA III and IV while good are too standardized "Go here, kill and escape" and SA is too over the top at times.

VC seemed to get a good balance without being bleak or out of place. I guess it's subjective, but yeah. Out of all of R*'s titles I'm not sure why someone would pick VC as their worst.

Each to their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users