• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

Every game company has a game that is just... well... sh*t... I know, I know. This may come as a surprise to you, but even R*, the holy God of video game companies, have a flaw to some people.

Anyway, the title says all. Which is your least favorite R* game? Mine is definitely "Oni." That game was terrible in my opinion. Maybe an exaggeration, but that game is worse than sh*t regurgitated from a rabid cows bootyhole. My stepbrother had it and I played it, and it was actually pretty disappointing. Just not my kinda game, I suppose.

Here is some gameplay of it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

The Smugglers Run games have never really done anything for me.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 04:08)
Mine is definitely "Oni." That game was terrible in my opinion.

"Was"? Dude you were 3 years old when this game came out.

But tell me, why is it that you dislike it? Can you be a bit more descriptive than, "worse than sh*t regurgitated from a rabid cows bootyhole"?? Even though something tells me you just looked at this video you found online after you looked at a list of their games and didn't actually ever play it.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:29)

But tell me, why is it that you dislike it? Can you be a bit more descriptive than, "worse than sh*t regurgitated from a rabid cows bootyhole"?? Even though something tells me you just looked at this video you found online after you looked at a list of their games and didn't actually ever play it.

No, I really have played it. Like I said in the OP, my stepbrother has it and I played it. It's just not my kind of game. The controls are also really weird and kind of difficult to get used to. I think it was (don't judge me if this is wrong) L1 to jump and R2 to kick or something like that.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

"Gods of gaming companies"? Yeah, well, that is like.... Your opinion man.

Anyway, to contribute. IV was sh*t gameplay wise, that is about the only thing I can say, got boring and repetitive eventually.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Alright first of all, ONI was made by Bungie, rockstar only developed. Secondly, you need to play it again recently. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that the controls were bad, the focus was on the melee combat. also, the anime cutscenes were awesome

If you want to see their worst game, I think you need to look at manhunt 2, that is a real piece of crap.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 04:49)
Alright first of all, ONI was made by Bungie, rockstar only developed. Secondly, you need to play it again recently. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that the controls were bad, the focus was on the melee combat. also, the anime cutscenes were awesome

It's probably because when he started to play games it was years after Oni came out where these games obviously had superior controlling.

It's like if you go back to playing GTAIII on the PS2 now, the controls seem inferior if you've been used to more modern games. So it's understandable really that he feels this way as he started playing games in the HD era.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

I dunno, L.A. Noire could've ended better

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Honestly? I've never played a bad R* game. Although I've never played any R* games before GTA 3. I will say The Warriors(PS2) however wasn't my cup of tea. After I completed it I sold it. It wasn't a bad game but not great either.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 07:59)

Adriaan has been having a lot of fun bashing younger people lately.. tounge.gif

As for the question, GTA Chinatown wars, I'd say.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:08)
Every game company has a game that is just... well... sh*t... I know, I know. This may come as a surprise to you, but even R*, the holy God of video game companies, have a flaw to some people.

I'm sorry but Rockstar isn't a god for gaming companies. They're great and so are other companies.

But I have to say State of Emergency. It just didn't feel right with me. It was a ok game but could of been A lot better.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 04:18)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:08)

I'm sorry but Rockstar isn't a god for gaming companies. They're great and so are other companies.

But I have to say State of Emergency. It just didn't feel right with me. It was a ok game but could of been A lot better.

Off topic, but your sig is hilarious! lol.gif

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

The worst games is on the game boy color, everybody must check them out before judging .

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

State of Emergency or IV.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Out of all the Rockstar games I'm not sure imo either Red Dead Redemption or R* Table Tennis.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Manhunt 1 & 2. Vibeless boring junk and pointless over-the-top violence.

More like a fact. Ubisoft are the second best.

elanman
  • elanman

Misanthropic lycanthrope

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:37)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:29)

No, I really have played it. Like I said in the OP, my stepbrother has it and I played it. It's just not my kind of game. The controls are also really weird and kind of difficult to get used to. I think it was (don't judge me if this is wrong) L1 to jump and R2 to kick or something like that.

So you're saying that it's utter sh*t because you don't like the controls and it's not the kind of game you like?

I don't like RTS largely for the same reasons, but it would be absurd to call World in Conflict sh*t due to the high level of praise it's received as a whole in the RTS community. Hell, Resident Evil 4 has weird controls (hold L1 to equip knife, X to shoot) but that in no way diminishes its worth as an excellent game.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:37)
Manhunt 1 & 2. Vibeless boring junk and pointless over-the-top violence.

More like a fact. Ubisoft are the second best.

Not a fact, sorry to disappoint you. they're not gods of companies. They're a company like any other.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

I haven't played the bad ones so I'm going to say Vice City since it's the worst one I've played personally. Glitches galore, cops are magnetized to your car when chasing you, side missions are a bore, graphics are terrible, physics are the worst, missions are okay..I do like the missions leading up to the bank robbery but that's about it, soundtrack while nostalgic is not that great, Tommy V is a boring cardboard cutout of every white kid's wet dream of an Italian protagonist with no substance but to be fair this was pre-gritty GTA IV so I'll let that pass.
I would say Vice City is overrated but overrated is an overrated word and I don't think everyone actually liked Vice City for the missions. It was just because it was a playable type Scarface movie.

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

LA Noire, sadly. Once the initial novelty of the interrogations passed, the cases as a whole seemed be lacking in variety. Plus the rating system at the end of each case never seemed to tie into the main gameplay.

Plus if you looked beyond the facial animation, the body animation didn't catch up accordingly, looking very stiff in comparison.

It promised an awful lot, and never quite delivered. Which is a shame because the setting and premise deserve a second chance on a next gen console...

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:49)

Anyway, to contribute. IV was sh*t gameplay wise, that is about the only thing I can say, got boring and repetitive eventually.

"was sh*t gameplay wise", "got boring and repetitive eventually."

Well that doesn't make any sense. If you think the gameplay (if that's even the word you were looking for) is sh*t, then it can't have 'got boring', because you wouldn't have liked it from the start. I'd also give V a miss, because the 'gameplay' (how the game plays) isn't going to be drastically different to IV.

The worst Rockstar game I've played (this is a really difficult question), probably Smugglers Run or Chinatown Wars. While neither was bad, they just didn't impress me like almost every other R* game. I'll admit that Smugglers Run was a long, long time ago.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Gameplay - doesn't necessarily mean shooting mechanic and driving mechanic. There was NOTHING to do, side-activities and side-missions and so on are incorporated into gameplay? No? I may have worded it wrong, but my point is that the gameplay after missions and such, got boring and repetitive and eh.. sh*tty.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by Fireman, 24 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 03:54)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 07:59)

Adriaan has been having a lot of fun bashing younger people lately.. tounge.gif

Young, or dumb?

Oni was a fantastic game, with an original setting and a cool graphical style. That and you got to fight in a 3rd-person game, which doesn't happen that often (though Urban Chaos was better tounge.gif).

For me it's GTA IV, the story took very awkward turns of coming to America for the new dream (already a very lame, milked out idea) and shooting fifty people in a construction lot, not more than one week later (for the simple reason that Nico was in the war!). Weak writing, missions were extremely repetitive and there were two many little side-quests (especially the relation building Sims-stuff). I never finished the game because of this. Especially because Nico doesn't seem to care about what's happening.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:00 AM Edited by jamieleng, 24 June 2013 - 11:03 AM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:47)
Gameplay - doesn't necessarily mean shooting mechanic and driving mechanic. There was NOTHING to do, side-activities and side-missions and so on are incorporated into gameplay? No? I may have worded it wrong, but my point is that the gameplay after missions and such, got boring and repetitive and eh.. sh*tty.

Well that's more of a lack of content (and that's only if you compare it to San Andreas) instead of a gameplay problem. Obviously, V will more than make up for that. Plus, all the things they didn't put in IV (like planes), will now be even better than they would've been had they featured in IV (due to extra development time).

Has anyone played Manhunt 2 on PSP & if so, would you recommend it? I thought the first one was ok (from what I can remember).

Adriaan has been having a lot of fun bashing younger people lately..

I now know why Adriaan stopped being a moderator, so he can finally stop 'holding his tongue' & tell people exactly what he thinks.

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Only the PC version is decent.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Manhunt 2. I mean, the game was playable and all, but it was pretty inferior to the original Manhunt in my opinion. We may have gotten a bunch of new weapons and game play mechanics but the game did not pull me in like it's predecessor did. I played the game through once and never touched it again while I played Manhunt over and over again several times throughout the years (even started another play through on my PC recently).

I don't know what it was really, it just didn't pull me in much at all. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Vice City, it just bored me. There was just something missing that would keep me hooked.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 18:06)
Vice City, it just bored me. There was just something missing that would keep me hooked.

WTF? Seriously? cry.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 02:34)
Out of all the Rockstar games I'm not sure imo either Red Dead Redemption or R* Table Tennis.

May I ask why you think RDR makes the list?

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

I made a thread like this once. Anyway, I've never really played a Rockstar game that I hated or even disliked should I say, though some efforts felt weaker than others imo.

I am familiar with Oni, but only got to play it once which was about 10 years ago. I didn't really know what I was doing so I never got into it. It is noteworthy to say that Rockstar were only a publisher at the time this game was released (before GTA III), and Bungie (before Halo) were the developers.

State of Emergency is worth mentioning. Again though, Rockstar only published it (VIS developed it). I do think it is a very fun game at first, but once you've unlocked all the levels and bothered to completed the story, it gets repetitive and stale. I also think L.A. Noire compared to their other Rockstar games at the time got a bit boring and repetitive though I was intrigued by the gameplay style, level of detail and overall concept. Again though, Rockstar only published this one though they did assist Team Bondi in a way.

Regarding Rockstar-developed games, maybe Manhunt 2 is one of their weaker efforts. It's a great game to play if you can't get enough of the original, but it just seems to lack the tension and challenging difficulty the first game had. It seems as though they only focused on making it as violent and shocking as possible rather than making a gaming experience like that of the original, and look where it got them in the end. They had to censor the goriest parts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users