4 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Hello .
Has anyone beaten this mission without the use of a rhino or hunter and before the second mission is done , while you are still at the barracks ????

Been tryin this for a couple days now without much luck . I get close but something always goes wrong .

Just wondering if anyone did it this early in the game . Has anyone tried it on the east island , it seems to not have a lot of traffic this early ?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 24 June 2013 - 06:00 PM.

I finished it in the beginning of the game on the Mainland (a.k.a. "West Island"). And I can give you some tips.

Before you try this mission, I suggest you pack up on AR-15 ("Assault Rifle") ammo - you can easily get it from killing the soldiers at the base.
Also, pack up on the SMG ammo. If possible, get the MP5K ("SMG") from Vice Beach ("East Island"). If not, UZI is the best alternative.
Alternatively, pack up on M249 ammo from InterGlobal Film Studio - this is a more effective weapon than AR-15.

For the mission, I suggest using the VCPD Wintergreen, so you get the opportunity to shoot forward when driving. But the bike is very vulnerable to assault from your enemies' drive-bys.
That is why you should make use of the following tactic: calculate their possible route, get ahead of them, dismount from the bike, enter the aiming stance with your AR-15 (or M249) and shoot the vehicles as they approach your position.
If the enemies are on the bikes, use the auto-aim to take them down quickly. Be sure to switch between targets.
If the enemies are on foot, it's best to shoot them from the distance, before they can do any harm to you. That's where AR-15 or M249 comes in handy again. Alternatively, get a Dragunov from the VCPD HQ on Washington Beach - it is more convenient to use.

Also:
Do not forget to replenish on health and armor often, so you don't die out of sudden.
Change your vehicle for another as soon as your current one starts to smoke and/or as soon as one of the wheels got busted (especially the rear wheel).
Take time to lower your Wanted Level as soon as it gets higher than 1 Star - picking up Police Bribes should at any point be of a higher priority to you than chasing down the criminals themselves... Because the police in Vice City is very unpredictable - and what's the worst - they can hinder your progress at a late stage, which will be very disappointing.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions - just ask. Either in this topic or in a PM to me.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks guys got it yesterday .
levels 5-10 was givin me a hard time the rest were easy for some reason .

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

In addition to what Arsen said, remember in VCS, your progress is automatically saved after level 5 and level 10, so, it is a little easier to just end the mission AFTER level 5, get yourself a fresh Police bike(best vehicle to do it in, as Arsen said), and start again and it will start you at level 6, NOT level one like the rest of the GTA games used to...same for level 10, after it, IF you fail, it will start back at level 11 this time. Thankfully ALL R3 Missions had this feature in this game...makes it less boring and quicker too...

Also, make sure you have AT LEAST 3,000 rounds for the SMG(or better yet, the MP5-can be got early by using the Pipe Glitch to get to the East Island early)..Practice makes perfect is the best advice... smile.gif

IF and when you encounter the criminals that shoot at you, just weave a little and stay back a little farther til you can get a good shot to avoid dieing during the mission.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

I completed it on the Wintergreen shortly after the main Empire Building missions.

Best hint is to use the SMG, and stock up on Assault Rifle ammo. Arson Vitiuk said it best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users