13 replies to this topic
Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hey everyone!

I am running Windows 8 Professional.

I'm having a problem that has been driving me nuts the past several weeks...

The short version:

MY GAME WON'T LAUNCH!

The long version:

First of all.. after i installed the game i tried to launch it through the launchGTAIV.exe.. Well that didn't help much, as it didn't continue.. The little thingy spun besides my cursor for about a second and then stopped... Nothing happened..

When i installed the game i was missing the GTAIV.exe AND the xlive.dll file.. Got those files.. This made a little progress. Now this problem:

The SONY DADC Austria ag release control poppes up, asking me if it can make some changes on my PC. I click Yes, the cursor thingy spins for a second aaaand... *Drum roll*... NOTHING HAPPENS!

PLEASE HELP!

I hope some of you guys have some ideas.. I really love this game, and i would hate, if could never play this again.. sad.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Make sure you have this installed: Games for Windows Live Update. In case this itself doesn't work, also install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & .NET Framework 3.5. Ultimately, you could use xliveless to by-pass Games for Windows Live, though this will move your save file (if you've got any) in a different location, My Documents, and will also disable online play. However, everything can be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.

Besides, where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by Kamij0e, 24 June 2013 - 12:29 AM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:26)
Make sure you have this installed: Games for Windows Live Update. In case this itself doesn't work, also install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & .NET Framework 3.5. Ultimately, you could use xliveless to by-pass Games for Windows Live, though this will move your save file (if you've got any) in a different location, My Documents, and will also disable online play. However, everything can be reverted by removing the xlive.dll file.

Besides, where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply.. I'll try it in a bit!

The game is installed from disc and i am not using any mods or anything, just a clean install, and yes i am playing with the DVD in my drive.. However I think there is something wrong with the discs, as this shouldn't happen

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Kamij0e @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 00:15)
QUOTE (miromiro @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:26)

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply.. I'll try it in a bit!

The game is installed from disc and i am not using any mods or anything, just a clean install.. However I think there is something wrong with the discs, as this shouldn't happen

Okay.. I just tried all of it out.. It still doesn't proceed with the launch after i click yes to the SONY DADC Release control

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sony DADC is SecuROM and I'm guessing your antivirus or firewall blocks it from launching and checking legitimacy of your game. Basically it's an anti-piracy software. What antivirus and firewall you use? Try adding GTA IV to secure programs with free internet access or close your antivirus and firewall to let SecuROM run free. You can re-launch them after your game gets checked.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

In addition to what CCPD said, it could also be your PC specs, so with that being said:

Also, You left out A LOT of information that is helpful in determining a solution to your problem, and they are:

What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Video card?
What is the Total Vram?
What is the Dedicated vram?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS?
Any Screenshots OR Videos to prove the error/problem?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games..

**To find above info, go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(If Vista, 7, or 8) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter, the first page is the OS, Ram, Processor information and the Display tab is the Video card information..**

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by Kamij0e, 24 June 2013 - 12:16 PM.

QUOTE (CCPD @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 00:40)
Sony DADC is SecuROM and I'm guessing your antivirus or firewall blocks it from launching and checking legitimacy of your game. Basically it's an anti-piracy software. What antivirus and firewall you use? Try adding GTA IV to secure programs with free internet access or close your antivirus and firewall to let SecuROM run free. You can re-launch them after your game gets checked.

QUOTE (radioman @ monday, Jun 24 2013, 09:21)
In addition to what CCPD said, it could also be your PC specs, so with that being said:

Also, You left out A LOT of information that is helpful in determining a solution to your problem, and they are:

What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Video card?
What is the Total Vram?
What is the Dedicated vram?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS?
Any Screenshots OR Videos to prove the error/problem?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games..

**To find above info, go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(If Vista, 7, or 8) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter, the first page is the OS, Ram, Processor information and the Display tab is the Video card information..**

I am using Bitdefender FREE at the moment, with windows' own firewall.. I tried disabling Bitdefender and the game has full access through the firewall, i ran the launcher, the release control popped up, and still nothing happened sad.gif

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9400, 2,66GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 2500MB Total, 1000MB dedicated

It's a bit hard to get some screenshots, as it doesn't tell me any errors

I have Daemon Tools on my PC, yes.. I'll try uninstalling it, and try again

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Try this.

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 15:12)
Try this.

Tried it, and it didn't work sad.gif

But thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

This might not be at all helpful, but I'll try. Have you tried to un-install and re-install the game? What about deleting your game settings? You said that you had problems launching the game. It didn't launch when you pressed start. So, you "got" those files, GTAIV.exe & xlive.dll. I believe these files might be the cause for the pop up. Remove those files, and see what happens. If the game doesn't launch, it's okay. But it shouldn't bring the pop up again.

Now, in case you get this far, install these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0.
This is the only thing I can suggest you. It's an unknown error, and I couldn't find any solutions to it. However, if we could just get back to the initial problem, which was the game not launching, that could be fixed much easier. Let's hope this works.

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 21:56)
This might not be at all helpful, but I'll try. Have you tried to un-install and re-install the game? What about deleting your game settings? You said that you had problems launching the game. It didn't launch when you pressed start. So, you "got" those files, GTAIV.exe & xlive.dll. I believe these files might be the cause for the pop up. Remove those files, and see what happens. If the game doesn't launch, it's okay. But it shouldn't bring the pop up again.

Now, in case you get this far, install these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0.
This is the only thing I can suggest you. It's an unknown error, and I couldn't find any solutions to it. However, if we could just get back to the initial problem, which was the game not launching, that could be fixed much easier. Let's hope this works.

Oh god.. Sometimes i think the world just wants to muck me... I re-installed the game (exactly as I have done before! Nothing different!).. AND NOW THE GAME RUNS PERFECTLY?!

Thanks for the help mate! I really appreciate it!

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Okay.. i said that a bit too fast.. Just performed a restart, and now it won't launch again..

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Make sure you don't put those files that caused the release control pop up. Try to run the game in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode for that matter, and also try to run it as administrator. And, as I've said in the previous post, install these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0. Install them one by one and try to launch the game after each thing installed. Even if you have installed them at the time of my previous post, since you re-installed the game you don't have them anymore.

In case that doesn't help already, try to use xliveless to by-pass Games for Windows Live, though it'll move your save file in the My Documents location and will also disable online play. But it can be all reverted by removing the installed xlive.dll file. Even the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0 could help if nothing else does. As a last resort check out this solution, in case NOTHING works.

Kamij0e
  • Kamij0e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Kamij0e, 26 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:56)
Make sure you don't put those files that caused the release control pop up. Try to run the game in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode for that matter, and also try to run it as administrator. And, as I've said in the previous post, install these: Games for Windows Live Update, .NET Framework 3.5 & the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0. Install them one by one and try to launch the game after each thing installed. Even if you have installed them at the time of my previous post, since you re-installed the game you don't have them anymore.

In case that doesn't help already, try to use xliveless to by-pass Games for Windows Live, though it'll move your save file in the My Documents location and will also disable online play. But it can be all reverted by removing the installed xlive.dll file. Even the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0 could help if nothing else does. As a last resort check out this solution, in case NOTHING works.

I finally got it working! biggrin.gif

I figured, that since the little CD-icon didn't pop up, it didn't read from the DVD.. and i was right. I made sure it knew the DVD was properly loaded, and THEN i launched the game.. Now it runs smoothly! Thanks for the help again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users