Quantcast

» «
Photo

hd remake of all 3d universe series gta's

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like for R* to release an hd collection for all 3d universe gta's? (III, vice city, san andreas, liberty city stories, and vice city stories) (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like for R* to release an hd collection for all 3d universe gta's? (III, vice city, san andreas, liberty city stories, and vice city stories)

1. Yes, id buy it! (28 votes [75.68%])

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

2. Yes it'd be cool but I probably wouldn't buy it! (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

3. No I only like new games! (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote
_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I have recently been 100%ing all the 3d universe gta's in chronological order begininng with vice city stories and ending with III. And I got to thinking how much I and many others I know would love to have a hd remake of the series and having achievement/trophy capabilities. R* isn't really the type of company to release hd collections like the eastern companies are but I figured maybe if there was a huge following on here who voted that they would maybe we can get this wish. So shoot a vote and let me know your opinion on it!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

As unlikely as that seems, I would probably buy the HD remakes. Not HD remakes of each and every III-era game, though, probably just the ones I really liked, like GTA 3, Liberty City Stories, and maybe Vice City.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:42)
As unlikely as that seems, I would probably buy the HD remakes. Not HD remakes of each and every III-era game, though, probably just the ones I really liked, like GTA 3, Liberty City Stories, and maybe Vice City.

If hd remakes were made (that is in my imagination :-) ) id be talking about a collection of them all not for individual purchase

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (_StackS_ @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:10)
I have recently been 100%ing all the 3d universe gta's in chronological order begininng with vice city stories and ending with III. And I got to thinking how much I and many others I know would love to have a hd remake of the series and having achievement/trophy capabilities. R* isn't really the type of company to release hd collections like the eastern companies are but I figured maybe if there was a huge following on here who voted that they would maybe we can get this wish. So shoot a vote and let me know your opinion on it!

This idea was already brought up before and it wouldn't work because they would cause confusion for the eras.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

It certainly sounds like an interesting idea but to be honest, it would be better to invest time and resources, that Rockstar would put into re-creating the 3D-era GTAs in HD, in developing a new GTA title. It's the best to keep the 3D-era GTAs in the 3D-era.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:05)
QUOTE (_StackS_ @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:10)

This idea was already brought up before and it wouldn't work because they would cause confusion for the eras.

I don't think it would cause much confusion with the hardcore fans who'd actually buy it because they know which gta's are which and what universe their set in.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:28)
It certainly sounds like an interesting idea but to be honest, it would be better to invest time and resources, that Rockstar would put into re-creating the 3D-era GTAs in HD, in developing a new GTA title. It's the best to keep the 3D-era GTAs in the 3D-era.

While I agree I want R* north to keep taking time developing new gta titles, their other multiple studios could very well take time to remastering the III era gta's. We all know money isn't a problem either :-)

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Would it be using the GTA IV engine?

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (DarrenC1888 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:14)

I'm not sure if they could implement the euphoria engine but I imagine the remastering as in updated graphics and player models. Just make everything look and sound nicer

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Install the RAGE mod.

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

And where's the option "I'd pirate it" ? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif nah, just kidding, I would buy it as long as it would have a reasonable price.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

3 years on GTA Forums!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

^Yeah, I would not buy them if they would be over 20$.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 15:51)
^Yeah, I would not buy them if they would be over 20$.

I would imagine it as a collection like the new metal gear solid collection with it costing 60$ for the whole collection. I imagine a lot of people would jump on that!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

As much as I love the games I do not think that I would buy them as I already own the current versions on multi-platforms

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think the 3D-Universe of the Grand Theft Auto series is getting quite over-done, they are on most platforms already. I think Rockstar are trying to flogging a dead horse, idiomatically though that may also apply to Red Dead.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

No, it'd be like other HD remakes out there. All it is is the game resolution changed to fit the 720p of the current gen consoles.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

New graphics, but the same game. No thanks I rather buy completely new game, I love the old game just as they are.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

I would buy it. They should just release the trilogy in a full HD remake with achievements/trophies and inline multiplayer. LCS and VCS don;t really seem necessary IMO.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

If there is enough demand and it's feasible, then yes.

But otherwise, there are more important priorities, such as making original content.

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (TargetTango @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 06:29)

No, it'd be like other HD remakes out there. All it is is the game resolution changed to fit the 720p of the current gen consoles.

Doubt I'd buy it then. Hopefully we'll see the GTA 4 engine in San Andreas and Vice City one day.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 03:28)

I agree. R* should focus on creating new HD titles instead of wasting their overall resources and time but if they could gather enough time to recreate 3D-era GTA titles, most probably. However let's just stick to the reboot of GTA games on modern consoles.

Cornholio83
  • Cornholio83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Probably a bit off-topic, but - having recently completed all 5 III-era titles 100% also (not including Advance), one thing that would interest me would be, rather than HD-remakes of each individual title, a game that utilises the extra ability of more modern consoles to create a game including all three maps in one, perhaps set after the events of III, including some of the characters still alive after the end of III.

I realise there are a vast number of reasons why this probably won't ever happen (focus on newer games, preferring to have the events of III as the definitive end, logistical problems in porting all the PS2-era games to newer consoles and integrating the maps, etc.) but for me personally, if Rockstar ever did anything like that they could name me their price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users