Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you become more respected on these forums?

85 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 07:48)
QUOTE (Rizqan7 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:49)
Be come popular, contributing at forum, help other member, and give amusing post is perfect chance if you want be more respected icon14.gif

I don't know but I know you must be the only person after Slamman to be given so many chances.

OT: Evade the V section, be a nice guy like miro or Andreas or Pinky or Miami or shoumic or GunWrath and everyone'll respect you.

Don't forget, Sgt. Foley and his oodles of chances.

OT: But yeah, don't post in V Section unless you find a legit topic in there.. which is under the rubble of troll topics.. and give Kirsty donations for her Minecraft server.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Respect is earned not given, this topic ain't going to encourage members to respect you know are they

There ain't really much more to add here but just try not to piss anyone off, i don't know why you would be bothered about getting respect, as long as you enjoy being on the forums that's all that matters right?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (s7free @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:31)
Respect is earned not given, this topic ain't going to encourage members to respect you know are they

There ain't really much more to add here but just try not to piss anyone off, i don't know why you would be bothered about getting respect, as long as you enjoy being on the forums that's all that matters right?

Yep, I was about to say that, it's just an Online Forum, getting Respect is nice but not really something to care about.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Typical topic in the GTA V forum:

QUOTE (retard)
so do u think GTA v will have cats????

Garners AT LEAST 6 pages worth of garbage posted by trolls and ignorant morons.
A decent topic will AT LEAST garner 1 and a half pages and die out within 2 or 3 days.

Stay away from there and talk about something that's pretty worthwhile like movies or sports.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:52)
The best way and probably the only option to gain and earn respect is not only helping the staff here very often or always, you must also befriend some members here as well.

For example, you give a message to them and welcome yourself with some other older members and giving them respect as well, either for their hardwork in the forums or introducing yourself. If you learn to respect other persons, you get the respect that you gain as well.

Just continue to help out and befriend some members, hopefully that will earn with an achievement in the end.

The best opinion icon14.gif

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by Rizqan7, 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:48)
Be come popular, contributing at forum, help other member, and give amusing post is perfect chance if you want be more respected icon14.gif

And steer clear away from trolls like Rizqan7. wink.gif How on earth did you manage 300 posts full of troll without a ban, I don't know but I know you must be the only person after Slamman to be given so many chances.

OT: Evade the V section, be a nice guy like miro or Andreas or Pinky or Miami or shoumic and everyone'll respect you.

How long you say me troll, super black asshole!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif
EDIT: Want more mugshot?! Here is! sign-thompson.gif and heres your beautiful girlfriend! sign-clinton.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

There is no formula for getting respect here. Just post as much as everyone else does and hope that your posts are to lots of people's liking. The hardest part of it is catching up to everyone else (which takes years) and not posting complete crap, which is where most of us fail. (e: Including me, I certainly have no authority on the subject.)

Build your reputation, but do it in a pleasant way.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Rizqan7 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:09)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:48)

And steer clear away from trolls like Rizqan7. wink.gif How on earth did you manage 300 posts full of troll without a ban, I don't know but I know you must be the only person after Slamman to be given so many chances.

OT: Evade the V section, be a nice guy like miro or Andreas or Pinky or Miami or shoumic and everyone'll respect you.

How long you say me troll, super black asshole!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif
EDIT: Want more mugshot?! Here is! sign-thompson.gif and heres your beautiful girlfriend! sign-clinton.gif

Racist?

I already requested the mods to ban you, we'll see how long you stay alive.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:47)
Just be an asshole.

user posted image

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Well, the answer to your question goes far beyond my knowledge. I canīt say you what to do, but I can give you some tips on what not

Here is one thing you can do to gain some respect; first, look at my post history, read it carefully. Now, try not to replicate anything that is written here, actually just do the opposite of what I do. Follow my advice and you will be awesome. Cheers. icon14.gif

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:53)
Whenever I see ThePinkFloydSound's name as the last reply in a thread I get a sense of awesomness

May as well just give it up, nikoGTA133755967486. There can be only one ThePinkFloydSound, so we're all sh*t outta luck.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

The V section is our busiest area, even the best topics get pushed down eventually. A lot of people in there couldn't give two sh*ts about the rest of the forum, being respected or gangs or anything of the sort, they are just there to speak about GTA V and really it is it's own community.

As a moderator in there I tend to try to be quite laid back about it, because the trolls honestly don't bother me that much. They are quickly dealt with most of the time, and I think some of people in there with bad attitudes have toned down when they see that other regulars continue to try and be polite and helpful even amongst the spam, because trust me it is noticed.

I actually think its bad reputation isn't helped by some established members here refusing to go in there and talk sense sometimes, IMO. We always know when there's a good topic when they are headed by good discussion, they work out really really well; meta's love of money for example. Sure at the moment there's nothing more to discuss, but they somehow always find something.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

It's hard to get noticed on the V section unless you make some weird topic like the steak one or one that points out a specific spot on a screenshot zooming it in 50000000% just to make fun of it.

I recommend you start posting in other areas, the music section has a lot of nice people as well as TV Shows and of course General Chat, it's much better being recognized there than in the V section

Just remember, this may be GTAForums but there's a whole different world outside of the GTA sections with nicer people

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Rizqan7
user posted image
Wut wut wut wut wut?
user posted image
Group: BUSTED!
user posted image

Thank you Girish.

E: Troll threads get more replies because they are troll threads, 90% of the people in the V section are quite rude, so they don't bother to reply to decent threads let alone read it.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 03:13)
Tone down the GTA obsession for a start. Oh, and your username sucks.
You just seem pretty generic, to be honest.

This is pretty spot on.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just embrace who you are, and strut like a boss.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 13:21)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 03:13)
Tone down the GTA obsession for a start. Oh, and your username sucks.
You just seem pretty generic, to be honest.

This is pretty spot on.

And don't forget to remove the Zee reference from your user title.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Be respectful, thought provoking, post often to get noticed. Respect is earned

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:53)
To be honest (speaking as a GTA V forum leader) it's not really the best place to get noticed since the traffic is so high everyday and yeah it may seem like a minor thing, but usernames can go along way.

Whenever I see ThePinkFloydSound's name as the last reply in a thread I get a sense of awesomness (sorry for putting you on the spot bro tounge.gif ).

Anyway like the others have said being polite and a good contributer are generally what people will respect you for. smile.gif

Aw dude. You know the feeling is mutual bro. icon14.gif

lol @ Voodoo's comment. biggrin.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:12)

I actually think its bad reputation isn't helped by some established members here refusing to go in there and talk sense sometimes, IMO. We always know when there's a good topic when they are headed by good discussion, they work out really really well; meta's love of money for example. Sure at the moment there's nothing more to discuss, but they somehow always find something.

Guilty... I won't touch th V section with a 10 ft pole til at least the middle of October. Best way to ruin the game is to know too much..

Thanks to you and everyone else who keeps the. V section in order... I agreee totally... The V section is NOT representative of the rest of the forums.

As mentioned previously... Making the forum leaders and global moderatods jobs easier is a tremendous help and is noticed....

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Relax, I'm a Doctor

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

So when are we going to be able to change our usernames,mine is like an ID?

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah the V section is full of assholes, wannabe Zees and trolls, I only go to the V topic for news but I browse genchat alot too

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:02)

Wait for GTA.net v1.5 icon14.gif

From what I've heard i believe we will have it before the release of GTA V

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:02)

This is not really related to the topic, you should have asked this in the "Have A Question?" topic. Anyway, I don't believe there will be any kind of name changes until V1.5 arrives. V1.5 is supposed to arrive around the time of GTA V's launch, if not sooner. Who knows. Anyway, here are a few quotes about this subject.

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Sunday @ Dec 30 2012, 00:45)
V1.5 will be on new, pre-existing software (not IPB). V2 will be on software built from scratch.

If I had to guess an ETA for V1.5, I'd say Spring 2013, but don't hold me to that.

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Friday @ Feb 15 2013, 07:27)
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm guessing we will allow name changes limited to once a year, possibly at the user level (meaning without having to ask an admin). Obviously we can't allow users to change their names willy nilly, otherwise a lot of people will just change them every day and it'll be hard to know who is who. [...]

QUOTE (Girish @ Wednesday @ May 8 2013, 18:12)
[...] Hopefully, if there are no hiccups, the new forums should be live before GTA V releases. Or at least, that's what the plan is. Given how talented our admins are, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I've found that people give you respect if you just be yourself. I love GTA, it is an obsession, and LCS is one of the best games I've ever played. It is my favourite Grand Theft Auto, and I love it. I found that when I discuss it, it is a very interesting topic. People know me as that guy who posts in the LCS forum, and that is okay. blush.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 00:47)
Rizqan7
user posted image
Wut wut wut wut wut?
user posted image
user posted image

Thank you Girish.

E: Troll threads get more replies because they are troll threads, 90% of the people in the V section are quite rude, so they don't bother to reply to decent threads let alone read it.

Rest in pieces. lol.gif You really waited for that mate.

OP: Yeah just continue to befriend some members here and give them respect as well. Also note about what @s7free he's also right, note that this topic doesn't gain you respect, it only answers your question how to get your respect. Respect has to be earned greatly and it must be put with a lot of effort. wink.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Valenta, 27 June 2013 - 12:31 AM.

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 16:47)
Rizqan7
user posted image
Wut wut wut wut wut?
user posted image
user posted image

Thank you Girish.

Good bloody riddance.

OT: I agree with Mr_Leone. Just be yourself. Embrace your personality.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 04:19)
I've found that people give you respect if you just be yourself. I love GTA, it is an obsession, and LCS is one of the best games I've ever played. It is my favourite Grand Theft Auto, and I love it. I found that when I discuss it, it is a very interesting topic. People know me as that guy who posts in the LCS forum, and that is okay. blush.gif

This is the best opinion... no fact. I totally agree with this icon14.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

I've tried everything man. No one f*cking likes me. I went to the GTAF party back in 2006 and they wouldn't let me in. I had my own GTAF party in 2008 and no one came! I made 340 topics and every one of them got sent to the recycle bin!

I was nominated once on the forum awards...for worst sig ever...EVER!

cryani.gif I f*cking miss MySpace.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 13:00)
I've tried everything man. No one f*cking likes me. I went to the GTAF party back in 2006 and they wouldn't let me in. I had my own GTAF party in 2008 and no one came! I made 340 topics and every one of them got sent to the recycle bin!

I was nominated once on the forum awards...for worst sig ever...EVER!

cryani.gif I f*cking miss MySpace.

Don't be hard on yourself Vanz. I think you're a great dude. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users