Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you become more respected on these forums?

85 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

I've got to ask how does one become a more respected/well known member on these forums?

The one thing I've noticed is that whenever I make a topic, no matter how much thought and effort I may put into it, it always gets almost no noticed and is burried within a day or two, whereas stupid troll topics get so much recognition for being simply bullsh*t.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

Just be an asshole.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:42)
I've got to ask how does one become a more respected/well known member on these forums?

The one thing I've noticed is that whenever I make a topic, no matter how much thought and effort I may put into it, it always gets almost no noticed and is burried within a day or two, whereas stupid troll topics get so much recognition for being simply bullsh*t.

If you're talking about the V section then that's no surprise.

The less effort you put into your topic in the V section, the more successful it will be - generally.

Troll topics get 5 pages in an hour while decent threads get buried.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

You have to gobble cocks.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yeah I hear that is how GTA-King became such an astoundingly respected member of the GTA community (!)

tounge.gif

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Be come popular, contributing at forum, help other member, and give amusing post is perfect chance if you want be more respected icon14.gif

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

And maybe brush up on your english a bit.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:22)
And maybe brush up on your english a bit.

Unlike you, you like to brush your ass until it whitened out! Eh, be sure if you respected, don't be evil or you will disrespected wink.gif

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

That's too poorly written to make me feel insulted.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:33)
That's too poorly written to make me feel insulted.

Hey, don't get creeped out, right? smile.gif I just joking, but if it have make you dislike me, I'm sorry sad.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 09:42)

The GTA V forum is a no-go place to make yourself known (or respected, how you like to call it), but this place is, the Off-Topic forums. Basically, pick a sub-forum here about a topic that you like, and start contributing to it, and you'll surely make yourself known. Or even better, there's no need to actually created topics yourself, just post in other topics suggestions / answer and stuff alike.

In this part of the forum especially (The General Chat), you can get known by good members. Just be a good active poster around these forums and you'll surely be known / respected in almost no time. Fade away from the GTA V forums, since that will only mood you down. tounge.gif

Wolvington
  • Wolvington

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

And maybe you can have some good, appealing avatars & sigs & member titles that can draw others' attention. biggrin.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Tone down the GTA obsession for a start. Oh, and your username sucks.
You just seem pretty generic, to be honest.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Does it really matter if people respect you.

1 or 2 people legit respect me on the forums. I don't care.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Get yourself a snazzy signature. Post good, quality posts. Make yourself stand out. Join an official gang.

Do this, and you'll have more cyber-booty than you'll know what to do with.

user posted image

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:13)

Who are you and what did you do with Typhus?
EDIT:And always tell others you use Old Spice.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by LazyboyEight, 23 June 2013 - 08:59 AM.

QUOTE (VF94 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:22)

Who are you and what did you do with Typhus?
EDIT:And always tell others you use Old Spice.

k guys i use old spice can i be kewl now?

And OP, are you coming to the forum to be "famous"?

My posts are constant background chatter, but I keep posting here, lol. But hey one of my topics are pinned which feelssogood.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

If you're respected or not doesn't really matter in the GTAV forum. It rarely happens that a good topic, where a lot of effort has been put in, lasts longer than a few pages. I have created some topics in the V forum with some effort, and they all died ages ago. It happens here and there that somebody bumps one of those topics, but it's only a matter of minutes or hours until it disappears from the first page again. There isn't much you can do about it; it is how it is. As stated before, you could become more active here in the off-topic sections.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

The only reason I seem to post everything in the GTA sections of these forums is because there is where most attention goes- but screw it, I'll be posting here a bit more often. And yeah, my username sucks balls, I really regret it, but I'm not going to open a new account for the sake of a username.

Jackal.
  • Jackal.

Don't you f*cking look at me!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Maybe the whole "Charlie Sheen f*cked your mother" line isn't exactly a great addition.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by Killerdude8, 23 June 2013 - 11:14 AM.

And remember, Respect is everything.

You want respect? You have to earn it.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Not that I'm really qualified to talk about such things but by looking at members I respect here's what I gather..

Be helpful, where and when you can. A lot of people come to forums for help and info. If you can be the guy to help, you'll always garner respect.

Politeness goes a long way. If someone helps you with something, make sure you give them respect and say thanks. Now, that's not possible all the time, sometimes we (I) forget to go back to topics where I may have asked a question and someone has kindly answered.

In relation to your topics.. don't be put off by the general ignorance that prevails in the V forum. There are a lot of smart and intelligent dudes and some dudettes in the V forum who will notice your topics eventually. Keep it up and when people start to see that you make quality topics, they'll post more. Also I'm sure people are noticing them already but maybe not replying. In the V forum, making bold statements and asking stupid questions in the topic title will usually get a huge response. But quality over quantity, eh?

Enjoy yourself. That's what the forums are for. icon14.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I think the best way to do it, looking at the most respected members on this forum, is to be active and helpful in the subforums of things you're good at / know about.

For example, no point heading over to the Vehicle Talk and start copying and pasting from Google acting like you're a car know it all, because the guys there will see right through you and tear you a new one. But if you are good at creating mods, creating graphics, debating ETC, then make yourself active and known in them areas.

Obviously, you can post anywhere you like and join in with the discussion, but most of the more respected members are those who really contribute to their section of the forum. Or being a General Chat user, just be funny, informative and joining in will get you noticed.

Although, as stated before, your username is very generic. I think there must be 100's of combinations of GTA main character name mash- ups. Makes it hard to really remember who was who.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

The best way and probably the only option to gain and earn respect is not only helping the staff here very often or always, you must also befriend some members here as well.

For example, you give a message to them and welcome yourself with some other older members and giving them respect as well, either for their hardwork in the forums or introducing yourself. If you learn to respect other persons, you get the respect that you gain as well.

Just continue to help out and befriend some members, hopefully that will earn with an achievement in the end.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

To be honest (speaking as a GTA V forum leader) it's not really the best place to get noticed since the traffic is so high everyday and yeah it may seem like a minor thing, but usernames can go along way.

Whenever I see ThePinkFloydSound's name as the last reply in a thread I get a sense of awesomness (sorry for putting you on the spot bro tounge.gif ).

Anyway like the others have said being polite and a good contributer are generally what people will respect you for. smile.gif

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

One question :
How do you know whether you have respect in the community or not ?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (The Armageddon @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 22:57)
One question :

The respect list in everyones' profile is usually the best indicator.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (The Armageddon @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:57)
One question :

Either from the people who always think you as a good member you the most sometimes giving you a message or when the staff here gave you some attribution through message. Respect doesn't really show up or comes looking for you, it always comes when you exert hardwork.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Don't worry about being respected or popular man, just use the forums, post in topics that appeal to you, give your opinions where needed then rinse and repeat. Next thing you know, you'll be going around locking everyone else's topic and thinking you're king sh*t. icon14.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Rizqan7 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:49)
Be come popular, contributing at forum, help other member, and give amusing post is perfect chance if you want be more respected icon14.gif

And steer clear away from trolls like Rizqan7. wink.gif How on earth did you manage 300 posts full of troll without a ban, I don't know but I know you must be the only person after Slamman to be given so many chances.

OT: Evade the V section, be a nice guy like miro or Andreas or Pinky or Miami or shoumic and everyone'll respect you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users