Starmade - Minecraft in space?

10 replies to this topic
GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

user posted image
StarMade is a minecraft inspired 3D sandbox space shooter.

Explore: Explore space generated in real time around you

Design: design you own ship or space station.

Customize: create customized weapons, harvesting elements, shields and docking stations for your ship. Combine elements to groups to make your modules even more powerful.

Multiplayer: full multi player share control of your ship or design a ship together

Destroy: destroy your enemies with your powerful weapons or just infiltrate an enemy ship. There already is a big arsenal of destructive modules Missiles (normal, heat seeking and target chasing), Lasers, and Explosive modules that detonate on impact

Salvage: salvage the ships of your fallen enemies to gain credits

Physics: fully integrated modern physics engine for real box-on-box collisions

Stealth: use radar jamming and cloaking modules for a surprise attack.

Multiplatform: runs on windows, mac and linux

Share: save, import & export your own ships as blueprints. You can upload your blueprints to any multi player server

AI: fight your own creations alone or in coop mode

Tutorial: interactive tutorial to learn the basics
(quote from the website)

Screenshots(may contain large images):
user posted image
You can fully customize your ship with various blocks,along with turrets,thrusters,cannons and upgrade them as you gain more credits.
user posted image
Like minecraft,you can build some pretty awesome things...
user posted image
There are space pirates which will attack you on sight.If you manage to make their ship core overheat,you can take their ship for parts before it explodes completely,and if you take all of the parts in time,you'll be able to take the ship core and have a second ship.
user posted image
Planets can have different biomes.Here is an ice planet,which is quite nice.It contains ice crystals which can be used as a nice blueish lighting.They are easily distinguished for their white atmosphere.They are particularly hilly and you might have a hard time landing if you have a large ship.
user posted image
This is the shop,where you can use your credits to purchase new parts for your ship,terrain blocks and sell your collected items.

(Fan) Trailer:

The game is still on early alpha,so expect some bugs.

Wiki:
Click me.
Possible Features in the future:
Starmap
Autopilot
Programmable AI for ships
Overhaul of sectors and the borders to fit moving in combats
Critters
Player-run shops
Shipyards
Crews AI

Download:(if you want to support the development of the game,you can buy it for 3.00$ at the official website)
Click me.

I found this game at random while looking at another game kind of like it,called starbound.
This game is pretty fun to play in multiplayer,specially battling other spaceships.You can make bases on planets,space stations,mine...Essentially minecraft with spaceships.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Make it for console and I'll get it.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

If it ever happens,it's going to take some time,like minecraft.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Looks interesting and probably better played on PC than console.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

It's pretty fun to play.

Just today,I've seen someone with a Star Destroyer on a server.He attacked me,but I had shields and a cloaking system.Didn't turn too well for him.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nice. Gonna try it out someday.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yeah i saw this featured on yogcast on wednesday and was like i need it soo bad! checked the Description and it was free i was like hell yeah. It's seriously giving me the minecraft buz again like when i first started playing that. I just hired a server to play on today, if you guys are interested to play together i may share the IP soon! anyway here's a picture of my small frigate complete with shuttle bay for planetary landings at the rear, Also you can see my now redesigned fighter in the spacestation hangar.

user posted image

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Give the IP please,every server I go to either gives 1 billion credits,has spawnkillers or is griefed to hell.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 24 June 2013 - 09:18 PM.

I'm waiting to find out howto get the whitelist to work or howto set out the whitelist correctly I added my player name like it says in config but it still said I wasn't whitelisted. Currently I have it set to protect spawn area and starting credits of 150000. Mainly so you can afford a faction module to protect your first ship. That is when I open it upto other players.

and here's our latest project The Nut Cracker makes minecrafts pickaxe look redundant!

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Did you find out?I can't really find a decent server.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

for anyone who fancys trying this out i have a server running on star-made.co.uk:25579 i will need to whitelist you so leave a message here with your ingame name case sensitive!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users