Photo

Rockstar Should Make a Pirate Game!

36 replies to this topic
Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well, I've been having this idea for a long time now, and I decided to share with you guys. smile.gif

So Rockstar should definitely make a pirate game, in the era of the pirates (no sh*t) of the Caribbean Sea. Rockstar have always been a pro when it comes to catching the vibe of an atmosphere, and I think this could be a very cool concept. Like the Red Dead series covers another iconic atmosphere and historical time (the wild west), the age of pirates is another well-known and beloved theme.

Also, there is only a few notable games that is based on this theme.
• Pirates of the Caribbean (which is cool, but old and kinda f*cked up)
• Sid Meier's Pirates (which is awesome, but gets repetitive as f*ck in the end)
• Sea Dogs
• Assassin's Greed: Black Fag (sry, ubisoft)

user posted image
Image only for illustration (don't you love Keith?)

So Rockstar could make THE BEST pirate game, as they made the best wild west game, with things like:
• 3rd person view and a loveable protagonist (not in a gay way)
• Main missions with a complete storyline (GTA-style)
• Side missions such as: treasure hunting, collectibles, odd jobs, jobs in settlements, ship-hijacks, bounties, stealing stuff, etc.
• Activites, such as: playing cards, drinking, having friends with benefits (again, not in a gay way), etc.
• Places to go (shops, taverns), things to buy, sell and steal
• Having your own personal parrot, with different kinds having their own bonuses (okay, I'm just joking on this)
• Having your own fleet of ships, with each kind having its own advantages/drawbacks, and you could improve them as you move along the story
• Other pirate stuff, yarr! viddy_pirate.gif

Damn, this game would kick so many asses in Rockstar's style. There could be DLCs, awesome soundtrack, apparel and stuff. So, who's with me? viddy_pirate.gif

Also, who cares about Agent anymore with its dull cold-war era?

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Something about your post tells me you're a closeted butt pirate.

Butt yes, I've always wanted R* to make an open world pirate game. Also take a stab at medieval times. And also prehistoric times, like cavemen and whatnot complete with prehistoric animals and that hazy, dark atmosphere you always see being stereotypically depicted.. that's one place I've yet to see games wander into.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

No thanks.

Pirates, and Zombies are overrated.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Im down for this.. unlikely to happen but Pirates are badass period.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

I rather have a post-apocalyptic RPG and whatnot... Oh wait, it's happening, by Ubisoft, a game called "The Division"

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 20:53)
No thanks.

Pirates haven't been milked as much as zombies so I don't see how they are overrated

You gotta admit though, there hasn't even been a proper and decent open world zombie game out there,( state of decay might be the one) so it isn't surprising people keep asking for it. It doesn't even have to do with zombies but as long as it has some post apocalyptic and survival elements to it.

_______

I for one, would love a sandbox game, if possible by rockstar inlove.gif , in the medieval times. It would be so much fun, and also a sandbox with dinosaurs would be superb biggrin.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Has anyone played the very first Pirates of the Caribbean video game?

That game was awesome, Gege, I suggest you check it out, it ticks pretty much all of your boxes.

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:52)
Has anyone played the very first Pirates of the Caribbean video game?

That game was awesome, Gege, I suggest you check it out, it ticks pretty much all of your boxes.

Yep, lol, I've played that and it was very exciting. The controls were dumb though. Left click to go forward? What did they smoke?

Yes, pirates may be overrated and childish, but not in a sandbox, go-wherever-you-want style.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by jamieleng, 23 June 2013 - 10:27 AM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 00:53)
No thanks.

I wouldn't exactly say Pirates are overrated, but I'll agree with you about Zombies. I loved zombies before their recent resurgence (around the time of the Dawn of the Dead remake & Shaun of the Dead parody). Why does every genre have to be beaten to death, then years later it is resurrected for another round of overexposure. The only game I'm looking forward to playing in the genre, is TLOU & that's because it's more than just a 'zombie' game. Just as 'The Walking Dead' is more than just a 'zombie' TV Show.

I wouldn't count on Rockstar making a Pirate game anytime soon. When they were making RDR, they were being told that no one would be interested in a Western game, probably because it wasn't a popular genre at the time. Sure 'The Call of Juarez' had modest success for its budget, but no AAA developer had the guts to create a Cowboy game with a massive budget, except Rockstar. So, now Ubisoft will be releasing Black Flag (which I won't be touching until it's in the bargain bin), you can be sure that Pirates are well & truly off Rockstar's radar.

No, I'll take 'Agent' instead please. A proper authentic look at spies during the Cold War, is something that most developers wouldn't be able to pull off properly & therefore, is perfect for R*.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

It sounds like a cool idea, but it'd be hard to pull off I imagine. Piracy isn't about being on land and getting drunk and playing cards, or exploring little coves on rocky island heads to find skeletons and treasure like it is in The Pirates Of The Caribbean, but that's what players would want to do (looting other ships would get boring after a while) so there'd have to be a massive map to fit all of the land players would want and still have a realistic ocean, and then it'd be boring if they pulled a Windwaker and made traveling across the ocean take any more than maybe five minutes.

If it was well-made I think it would be just as badass as Red Dead Redemption.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'd rather they made an altentative history Nazi Germany Holocaust Survivor Sim.

You'd play a custom Jewish guy/girl (there'd be an optional online multiplayer co-op aspect) and the game would focus on avading capture, working alongside other allies in hiding or sympathisers who may help you or try (or be forced) to betray you, etc.

While you evade capture and build your network of trusted allies, and at some point are captured and have to escape from a camp, you work towards your goal of assassinating Hitler and ending the war.

Yeah.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:32)
I'd rather they made an altentative history Nazi Germany Holocaust Survivor Sim.

You'd play a custom Jewish guy/girl (there'd be an optional online multiplayer co-op aspect) and the game would focus on avading capture, working alongside other allies in hiding or sympathisers who may help you or try (or be forced) to betray you, etc.

While you evade capture and build your network of trusted allies, and at some point are captured and have to escape from a camp, you work towards your goal of assassinating Hitler and ending the war.

Yeah.

I'd rather play the Nazi. But a game like this I don't think R* is the developer for it. They need to stick to what they have now.. it seems to work for them. Agent will be a new adventure if they ever release it.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by Zancudo, 23 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:54)
QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:32)

Yeah.

I'd rather play the Nazi. But a game like this I don't think R* is the developer for it. They need to stick to what they have now.. it seems to work for them. Agent will be a new adventure if they ever release it.

Who said Rockstar should always stick with their existing franchises, nazi punk?

As for the pirate game idea, I think that would be an excellent game! I also thought that Rockstar could do well Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome or Japan settings.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Nazi punk?

Anyways, can you really imagine Rockstar making something of that magnitude? Some WWII-era game? Nah, that's not their style. His game idea is a great idea but it's not something Rockstar would do. Plus there are other developers out there other than Rockstar that would probably do a better job at it. Being they have experience in that field of games.

As far as the pirate thing, that would be cool but again.. not something Rockstar would approach.. AC:Black Flag will probably be the only Pirate game you'll see for awhile. Pirates of the Caribbean somewhat killed the fuzz on pirates.. now it's all about 'zombies'.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nazi punk, lol. I rather play as the Nazi too. In all games that are about Nazis you're against them, I for once want to be one.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 14:11)
Nazi punk, lol. I rather play as the Nazi too. In all games that are about Nazis you're against them, I for once want to be one.

Exactly icon14.gif

Saboteur is close to what that feller would like playing, if he's never played it. If not, should see about playing it.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

The Saboteur is a masterpiece.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM Edited by Zancudo, 23 June 2013 - 07:59 PM.

You guys are just f*cking sick. Does it really entertain you to take control of a nazi, killing innocent jewish people?

Games are games, but this is just too much. Those people lost their lives, their families during the war. Millions of them. And now they'd make a game, that would entertain young brains, by letting players kill the recreations of those people. My f*cking gosh... Grand Theft Auto is already pushing the limits in some ways, but being a nazi and killing jews is just a way different league - it's sicker than anything.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Let's not begin that "Jewish oh poor Jewish people" path. Look at the f*cking Palestinians, distant relatives of mine died, who the f*ck cares about them? No one, so shut the hell up with Jewish and Nazis.

Ironically, they became exactly what they hated and worse.

What about those Call of Duty games that takes you in Iraq and Afghanistan and lets you kill Arab people? is this not sick. Hypocrite.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Zancudo, 23 June 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Going by your logic, if no one cares about Palestinians, then it's absolutely okay to make a game about killing Jewish people.

They never became anything worse. As far as I know, none Jewish ever killed more than 10.000.000 people, just because of racial differences.

I don't know who taught you history, but you seem like a total f*cking racist. Ever knew, you f*cking idiot, that most of those people who were imprisoned and killed by Germans and Soviets during the war were just NORMAL people, like all of us?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Happyness, 23 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I really f*cking doubt that Hitler specifically went and killed 10.000.000 just because he was a racist, it was world f*cking war, many people died, get over it.
And yeah? Who the f*ck cares about Palestinians? No one does. Where's the f*cking justice in this world?

By the way, Stalin was worse than Hitler, same applies to Mao Zedong, heard of him? No?

I don't know who taught YOU history, but you seem like a f*cking hypocrite.

You f*cking hypocritical f*ck, how many people have died since 1945 just because of the Zionist f*cks? Do you have any f*cking idea? Go ahead and call me a Nazi f*ck, I don't give a God damn sh*t what you care. It's pathetic, let's feel sorry for the Jewish and allow them to kill Palestinians for something that happened way over 60 years ago. Oh and... Let them take their land.

f*cking hypocrite.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

You talk about Zionist, I'm talking about Hitler and Stalin who both killed INNOCENT people just because they happened to be Jews. There's a huge difference between the two.

You want to kill Jews, then why don't you say you want a game based on Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Why specifically you want to control nazies?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Happyness, 23 June 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Wow... I talk about Zionists and you talk about Hitler and Stalin who both killed INNOCENT people. Judging by your sentence, Zionists didn't kill innocent people. Yep, great f*cking post.

I want to specifically control Nazis, got a problem with that? If not, then shoo.

I am done with you, hypocrite, biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. There are more than 7 billion people on this earth, more than five billion people can't stand Jews. How do I know that? They were never accepted anywhere, America, Europe, Asia. That's why they had to shove them some place.

Yeah, call me a Nazi, go ahead, that's what you Jews are doing best when someone don't like you.
I should have sympathy for people who killed innocent people..

Edit: This is my last post, won't bother posting anymore because I don't want to end up getting banned because of a hypocrite like you. Or anyone else like you.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 14:11)

Exactly icon14.gif

Saboteur is close to what that feller would like playing, if he's never played it. If not, should see about playing it.

Really need to keep an eye out for 'The Saboteur' on eBay.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:27)
Wow... I talk about Zionists and you talk about Hitler and Stalin who both killed INNOCENT people. Judging by your sentence, Zionists didn't kill innocent people. Yep, great f*cking post.

I want to specifically control Nazis, got a problem with that? If not, then shoo.

I am done with you, hypocrite, biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. There are more than 7 billion people on this earth, more than five billion people can't stand Jews. How do I know that? They were never accepted anywhere, America, Europe, Asia. That's why they had to shove them some place.

Yeah, call me a Nazi, go ahead, that's what you Jews are doing best when someone don't like you.
I should have sympathy for people who killed innocent people..

Edit: This is my last post, won't bother posting anymore because I don't want to end up getting banned because of a hypocrite like you. Or anyone else like you.

Wow. That is all I can say, wow.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Crikey. For what it's worth, my WW2 game idea has no bearing on my stance on modern day Israel, as I'm very much anti that regime. With regards to modern conflicts such as in Afganistan, that is a far less straight forward conflict compared to WW2 (Russia asside), as there are people in the wrong on both sides, and innocent people caught up in the middle.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:45)
Crikey. For what it's worth, my WW2 game idea has no bearing on my stance on modern day Israel, as I'm very much anti that regime. With regards to modern conflicts such as in Afganistan, that is a far less straight forward conflict compared to WW2, as there are people in the wrong on both sides, and innocent people caught up in the middle.

Yep, I liked your idea to be honest, survival games are the best out there, mixed with RPG elements, makes for a great game. Especially if its MMO. Let's hope one day your idea gets taken somewhere!

@josephene123: Yeah, great.

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Wow, so the topic is about nazis and Hitler now. Cool. By the way, I want a game where I can be Hitler. A Strategy game, where me (as Hitler) could rewrite the second world war, by ruling Europe, the World, and the effin' Galaxy.

OT: So yes, Rockstar may and should stick to their stuff, but: they co-made L.A. Noire (different setting, different style), made RDR (which is a sequel, but again, a well-thought remake of an ultimate wild-west game), and making Agent (a completely new IP if they haven't canceled it yet). And they also made a ping-pong game, so you can't predict their plans...

So yes, the "sequelism" won't be working forever. They need to come up with new stuff, e.g. pirates, a historical era, future setting, etc.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Agent will be their venture into another realm. Cold War era spy sh*t .. amusing enough to me, I'm big into that type of sh*t. Rockstar has a bright future, there isn't much they can expand with on RDR, MP3 said it's goodbye with MP3, Bully may never be remade, if it does, cool. So it's time they pump something out other than GTA that's new and unexpected.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 22:26)
Agent will be their venture into another realm. Cold War era spy sh*t .. amusing enough to me, I'm big into that type of sh*t. Rockstar has a bright future, there isn't much they can expand with on RDR, MP3 said it's goodbye with MP3, Bully may never be remade, if it does, cool. So it's time they pump something out other than GTA that's new and unexpected.

Cold War era spy sh*t? Damn, that has started interesting me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users