Time Travel: Past or Future?

46 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 07:57)
There is no time travel. If there was, someone would have gone back in time and wrote a Wikipedia article about it.

Who cares, just answer the question in the OP.

As for myself, i'm undecided really, i'd have to think on it.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

If I choose to the past, its too scary if you set million years, and it can make you eaten by dinosaur if you meet them tounge.gif , but if you choose future, its very so good, if you set 3000 years, and it can make you in super futuristic cars, building, even you can live in another planet, and space station, well, thats like Galaxy On Fire game developed by Fishlabs, you can drink alcohol in station, even you can buy space ship and war outside of station/planet biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think the future for the uncertainty. I can somewhat picture what the past would be like, but the future? Would it be flying cars, lasers etc like the stereotypical view or like "The Time Machine" where the land is barren. Almost like earth's early existence?

If I could do it I'd go 1 million years into the future.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 02:20)
I'd make myself a multi-millionaire or more with the dot.com boom.

I'd just pick a time when the lottery went to a rollover, travel back in time and pick the numbers tounge.gif Instant millionaire!

I would much prefer going to the past, i would love to travel back to the night Jack The Ripper killed his first victim, then stalk him. Find out who he was and what he got up to.

The Armageddon
  • The Armageddon

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

I would go into the past at the time of mythologies...
I just want to know that whatever mythologies people have stated, did they actually exist or not.. biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:18)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 02:20)
I'd make myself a multi-millionaire or more with the dot.com boom.

I'd just pick a time when the lottery went to a rollover, travel back in time and pick the numbers tounge.gif Instant millionaire!

I would much prefer going to the past, i would love to travel back to the night Jack The Ripper killed his first victim, then stalk him. Find out who he was and what he got up to.

Don't forget to take your I Phone or whatever, take a pic of him and tag him on Facebook. biggrin.gif tounge.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:22)
Don't forget to take your I Phone or whatever, take a pic of him and tag him on Facebook. biggrin.gif tounge.gif

Haha will do!

And i would do the same for the Zodiac killer.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Definitely past. Wild West .. kick it with some notorious outlaws of that era.. or go way further back and roll as a Gladiator in Roman days.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 00:28)
QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 22:57)
There is no time travel.

Time traveling to the future is possible actually. We don't have the means to do so yet, but the knowledge on how to do so is there.

As for me, I'd go back to the past. Live my life all over again, make better decisions, other choices, etc. And after that, I 'll do it all over again. I 'll never die. ^^

If we could time travel to the future, then someone would have travelled even further into the future to the point that we CAN travel back in time, thus creating the Wikipedia article.

Just watch the video and shut up.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well, every time I had history lessons back in high school, I always thought how it would be if I went to (for example) the Hundred Years' War with the technology and weapons of today.
I would be the new King tounge.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by zoo3891, 23 June 2013 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 18:29)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:57)
There is no time travel. If there was, someone would have gone back in time and wrote a Wikipedia article about it.

But if someone came back, They would never have to come back to share time travel with us because we already would have it. Which means they would never have come back to give us time travel.

Aren't Paradoxes fun?

There are ideas about each choice/possible change in the universe creating a new timeline and a new universe every time there can be more than one possible physical outcome. Time travel back to the specific universe you came from would be impossible unless you could somehow control which universe you ended up in when traveling through time. Maybe there are universes out there where people did successfully travel through time, we'll just never know because we're probably in a universe where it didn't happen. (It's a trippy idea, if you're interested go find a book on time travel that covers multiple universes, there's one by Richard Gott that's pretty good.)

If I could time travel I'd probably go to the past just to see what it was like, most likely the late 1800s or early 1900s just to prove to myself that none of it is actually in black and white. tounge2.gif

e: In that case I think we've already had this thread twice this year. I'd go live in Japan in the late first millennium. It seems like it was such a beautiful country back then. smile.gif

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

I'm gonna be all the way out there...In the Wild!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I think some of you are taking this time travel thing a bit too serious. Basically, when I made this thread it was just to see if you guys had a certain era in which you would like to live in or if you prefer to travel in to the unknown future.

Let me lay the foundation a bit better. You may only travel through time once and it will have no effect on the planet at all. Once you decide on a time to travel to, you cannot return to this present day. You have chosen to live the rest of your life in that time with zero knowledge or memory of this present day. You cannot bring sh*t from present day to the past 1000 years ago. Whether you travel to the past or future you remain the same age and lose all your memory prior to the travel. So no going to the past to remember lotto numbers. Atleast that's the way I was thinking when I made this thread. Take it how you will.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

I would love to live in the 1990s. I was born in 94 so i really don;t remember anything from that time period but I think it would be awesome to be a teenager/young adult in the 90s. The world was at relative peace (especially the US since we weren't involved in any wars for most of the decade) and it was pre 9/11 so the US still had this kind of "Innocence" that it doesn't now. People from that time period like my parents said that people in general were just more carefree and less paranoid and angry like they are now. Plus the economy was booming and a lot of new technology was coming to the forefront like the internet and video games.

The 1950s would be a cool time as well. Stuff was just more simpler back then and the standard of living was very good due to the great economy. The only bad thing would be the cold war paranoia getting kind of annoying. The 1980s would be pretty cool as well.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

I want to go to the past three times:

*Time one would be to the early 1970s, so I could meet my Dad when he was my age.
*Time two would be to around 2004/2005-ish, so I could meet my Dad before he flipped out and ended up being killed.
*Time three would be to November 2011 to tell myself not to break up with Jessica.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:37)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:22)

Haha will do!

And i would do the same for the Zodiac killer.

I've always wondered what would happen if you travelled to the past and introduced a modern technology to the people of that time like a lap top, mobile/cell phone etc.

Would they freak out or just be in awe? Haha. It's interesting to think about.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (s7free @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 04:36)
None, time travel IMO (if it existed) is totally wrong and NEVER should be done, going back in the past would modify the future and who knows how much trouble that could be caused by this, some good things may never happen if the past was modified and going into the future is just as bad, all my friends and family would be long dead (depending on if i take them or how long i would travel too) imagine if someone from the 21st century was to travel to the 45 century or so, you would look out of place and there most likely would be a lot of things in the time line you wouldn't understand, and if the laws change that you're not aware of then...

Basically IMO if it was possible time travel is a very dangerous and troublesome thing, i only hope that it really is impossible and no one finds a way to archive it

This is truly right. If someone watch cartoons that somehow have depicting time travels (like Phineas and Ferb), might result in something worser than you did in your life.

Wolvington
  • Wolvington

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Yeah he's right. How would it feel like you meeting yourself in the past. Things would get messed up. The outcome would be totally different than what you would have expected.

Anyways, IF it's possible & safe to do timetravel, I would like to see the future.

milestone - 100th post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users