LMB and RMB buttons don't work in GTA San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
jaidev
  • jaidev

Punk Ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Pls help me....LMB and RMB don't work in the game, thus making it difficult to shoot.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive? Have you tried removing the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder? Does it work outside the game / in another game? Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game? Have you tried running the game in Windows 98 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode? What about trying to run it as administrator?

I've had a mouse issue recently where the mouse just wouldn't work in the game; in the end I fixed it by downloading a dinput8.dll file (click here to download) and putting it in the San Andreas directory. Try it as well, might fix the bug.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

If you have a USB mouse try pluging it into a different port before you start the game.
Otherwise the Win98 mode should fix it.

jaidev
  • jaidev

Punk Ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

No mods, no cracks, i just got the game and i am playing it with a normal DVD. I am using a laptop.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:26)
Have you tried removing the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder? Does it work outside the game / in another game? Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game? Have you tried running the game in Windows 98 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode? What about trying to run it as administrator?

I've had a mouse issue recently where the mouse just wouldn't work in the game; in the end I fixed it by downloading a dinput8.dll file (click here to download) and putting it in the San Andreas directory. Try it as well, might fix the bug.

Please also answer / try these suggestions as well and tell us what the outcome is. Something could fix it.
If any of these suggestions fix the bug, report it back so we can keep record of working fixes. icon14.gif

jaidev
  • jaidev

Punk Ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Problem solved, i installed the game in Windows 8 this time instead of Windows Vista (had to change the OS) and it worked!! Thanks anyway!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

That's really great. You're the first (that I'v read) that gotten the game to work by changing to Windows 8. Usually it's been the other way around. Odd that using Win98 mode didn't work on Vista...

Andr603b
  • Andr603b

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Try to go to Options in ESC menu. Then mouse settings. It could be the troublemaker. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users