Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

I want to upgrade it

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Not to sure what you're asking but internet service providers advertise their speeds in megabits (Mb) as the number is larger than megabytes (MB). 9.3Mb translates to just over 1MB meaning you should get 1 megabyte download speeds in a perfect scenario.
Little tip: Transfer speeds are usually always in displayed in bits and storage is displayed in bytes.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 15:01)
you should get 1 megabyte download speeds in a perfect scenario.

Perfect scenario? Means no other device should be active right?

And how much internet speed is required to have a,1 mbps download speed?

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

You divide it by ten. One byte represents 8 bits and there is around a 20% overhead that doesn't actually transmit user data.

If you want a 1 megabyte/second internet, you will need to pay for 10 Mbps internet.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Fozzy Fozborne @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 08:47)
You divide it by ten. One byte represents 8 bits and there is around a 20% overhead that doesn't actually transmit user data.

If you want a 1 megabyte/second internet, you will need to pay for 10 Mbps internet.

I have a 5MBPS broadband here and I can download at up to 800Mb/s.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

^I don't believe that for a second, the fastest downloads in the entire world aren't even that fast.

At the OP, I don't think you understand MBps and Mbps
Mbps = Megabits per second
MBps = MegaBytes per second.
1 Megabit is equal to 0.125 MegaBytes.
Or 8 Megabits = 1 Megabyte.

Every single internet provider advertises mbps (Megabits) not MBps (MegaBytes.) So if you have a 9Mbps (Megabits) connection, it translates to 1.125 MBps (MegaBytes.)

Also Illegal Luggage's comment about optimum conditions doesn't just mean only one device connected on your home network, that makes little difference, it means that your internet provider has optimum conditions as well, which is completely out of your control, it's dependant on how many people in your local area are using the internet from the same internet provider or over the same internet cables. If someone on your street connects to the internet, they are going to make your internet slower.

Also can you please make a coherent topic? Your opening post hardly makes sense, and is extremely ambiguous.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:17)
^I don't believe that for a second, the fastest downloads in the entire world aren't even that fast.

At the OP, I don't think you understand MBps and Mbps
Mbps = Megabits per second
MBps = MegaBytes per second.
1 Megabit is equal to 0.125 MegaBytes.
Or 8 Megabits = 1 Megabyte.

Every single internet provider advertises mbps (Megabits) not MBps (MegaBytes.) So if you have a 9Mbps (Megabits) connection, it translates to 1.125 MBps (MegaBytes.)

Also Illegal Luggage's comment about optimum conditions doesn't just mean only one device connected on your home network, that makes little difference, it means that your internet provider has optimum conditions as well, which is completely out of your control, it's dependant on how many people in your local area are using the internet from the same internet provider or over the same internet cables. If someone on your street connects to the internet, they are going to make your internet slower.

Also can you please make a coherent topic? Your opening post hardly makes sense, and is extremely ambiguous.

Wow, that clarifies a lot for me. I feel like a f*cktard who knows 0.1% out of the whole technology and I want to study computer science, what a fail.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 23:43)

Wow, that clarifies a lot for me. I feel like a f*cktard who knows 0.1% out of the whole technology and I want to study computer science, what a fail.

That's cool, you learn as you go, it takes time, nobody can possibly know everything, and there is always someone who knows something you don't, or never even thought of, even if it's an interest of yours.

Just keep reading around, google sh*t, google some more sh*t, read some stuff and you learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users