PC components, building one in near future

41 replies to this topic
SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:51)
Whoa, that's huge, but is there like .. a huge difference between them? Is the price even worthy? Lol.

Lol, do a hard refresh on that site XD
I had major typo.

It's a huge difference. the GTX770 is, well, a rebranded GTX680 but slightly better. But the price? Huge difference.
It's worthy to get the GTX770 haha. You saved like 100 for a one year old generation card.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

shocking, isn't it? xD
Yeah, but I will still get it around January, maybe February when my birthday is coming, man I can't wait so freaking long, but got no other option! :'(

@Below: Definitely.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 30 June 2013 - 10:05 PM.

The performance difference between the GTX680 and the GTX770 is not that big as the latter one is basically the former one. It's just slightly overclocked, thus a bit faster. So if you would have to choose between both, then the GTX770 is without a doubt the better choice.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:55)
The performance difference between the GTX680 and the GTX770 is not that big as the latter one is basically the former one. It's just a bit overclocked, a bit faster and it has more VRAM. So if you would have to choose between both, then the GTX770 is without a doubt the better choice.

yeah indee. And it also like 100 cheaper! Bullseye! XD

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

@Happyness - All I've got left in my rig is the GPU. The GTX 760 got released yesterday, and it seems pretty good.

But I do not know how future-proof it will be.

CODE

Intel 15 3570k: Processor
8GB DDR3 RAM
650 Watt PSU
gigabyte h77ds3h MoBo
GTX 760

How future-proof will this be, guys?^

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 27 June 2013 - 07:39 PM.

It's hard to tell how future-proof the hardware is now that the next-generations consoles are around. The hardware you will buy is certainly not bad, it's very good actually, but if you're going to buy a i5 3570K, then you also have to buy a Z77 board - otherwise, you can not overclock the CPU. Either that, or you buy a non-K Intel Core i5 processor, which is cheaper. I would go with the former one as it is more future-proof. The performance of the GTX760 is between the one of a GTX660Ti and GTX670; and it equals the performance of a HD7950 boost. The question now is when are you going to buy the new hardware?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

@Carl

I've built everything but the GPU. bored.gif

BTW, which company's gtx760 should I buy?

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 27 June 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Well, if it's so then you will at least get a bit more money for the processor if you sell it in a few years... tounge.gif Really though, the 'only' disadvantages you have are that you paid more money for a overclockable processor that you can not overlclock, because of the motherboard. As for the graphic-card, that's not a simple decision, that's all I can say. The performance of the GTX760 is between the one of a GTX660Ti and GTX670, but that is not always the case. First it depends on which game you're playing, and second it depends on which company's GPU you are buying. For instance, it's possible that the GTX660Ti of a certain company is faster than the GTX760 of another company, but for less money. The performance is not everything you have to take into account, because the cooler is another important factor. And then, there is the thing that the prices differ from country to country, and shop to shop. But if I would have to buy a new graphic-card, then I would probably go with the Gigabyte GeForce GTX760 WindForce 3X OC because of the great cooler; and GPUs from Gigabyte are usually very capable of overclocking, while still being cool and silent.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Duuuuude, where'd you learn all of that? wow.gif

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 19:48)
Well, if it's so then you will at least get a bit more money for the processor if you sell it in a few years... tounge.gif Really though, the 'only' disadvantages you have are that you paid more money for a overclockable processor that you can not overlclock, because of the motherboard. As for the graphic-card, that's not a simple decision, that's all I can say. The performance of the GTX760 is between the one of a GTX660Ti and GTX670, but that is not always the case. First it depends on which game you're playing, and second it depends on which company's GPU you are buying. For instance, it's possible that the GTX660Ti of a certain company is faster than the GTX760 of another company, but for less money. The performance is not everything you have to take into account, because the cooler is another important factor. And then, there is the thing that the prices differ from country to country, and shop to shop. But if I would have to buy a new graphic-card, then I would probably go with the Gigabyte GeForce GTX760 WindForce 3X OC because of the great cooler; and GPUs from Gigabyte are usually very capable of overclocking, while still being cool and silent.

Yep, that's true. It seems there are more companies that produce Nvidia GPU's with different speed clocks and cooler.
Before the GTX700 came out, I wanted the MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr because of the 2 fans on it.
Gigabyte has 3 fans but it came up too big for the case I wanted. I don't care about the look of the case
as long as it has really good airflow, so no case from Cooler Master of corsair but just a simple black Fractal Design case.
after looking further I found out Asus also has a nice GTX680 with 2 fans it.
I don't trust Nivida stock cooler, they always put one simple looking fan on it..or in a GPU.

Btw, I'm asking myself why the GTX Titan is so damn expensive!
The GTX780 is just 19 or 5% on par with the Titan and it's cheaper, there is even a company (Gainward)
who produced the GTX780 so that is really on par with the Titan.
It's too expensive almost no one wants to order it on the webshop, it's stays: "Delivery unknown" like forever.
The clock speends doesn't do good either.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hey Happyness ...

With in you're price range id say go with what others have said also like.

i5 3570k - the 17 3770k is so over priced it's stupid
gtx 660 ti or not - 7xx series are for extreme rigs ,& having said that im sure you like the most of us here who just want a system that just Works rather well with out the silly price tag.

ram is more than fine .

if you do plan later on to OC the CPU ,you may want a slightly better MB ..& read up on guides 1stly

Over all it's a good system & should leave money
& headroom for Ascetics-looks .

Just out of curiosity ,what tower our you going to go with ? or have
for this build ...

Good system & should if not def - get that 1080p @ 60fps ,you hope for...
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

1 last thing Keep in touch on how the build is going when that time comes ! as we all love to see peoples builds & there are a ton of us members & Mods to help if you get stuck .... Hve fun.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Well about the plans changed, going to get a job and I will have to wait until january/february to gather some money, told my parents that I don't want any financial help from them with this because I want to feel like I achieved something, so I think by the time I will stock up some 1000 or hopefully better, I will definitely post here to get your help guys, you're all freaking awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users