When posting a problem, please include the following information:
- Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.)
- What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)
- What is your OS
- Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful
Post in one of these forums.
Illegally obtained copies are NOT supported. Discussion of cracks in any form is forbidden.
Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:35 PM
The problems I have right now
The game is trying to launch with "Sony DADC Austria AG"
I cannot update to version 126.96.36.199
I get severe system lag when I do get it running
Processor: AMD FX 4100 Quadcore
Video Card: Nvidia ENGTX 550Ti
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5a97
Power Supply: Some kind of 550 Watt thing - Shouldn't be relevant
HDDs: Main 1.5TB, with 1.09TB free with game installed, Secondary 111GB Drive(Not used for the game)
OS: Win7 64 Bit SP1
If anyone has any idea on how to fix this stuff, Please do tell me how, because I'm trying everything I know, and have seen on the internet, and none of it has fixed it.
Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:24 PM
- Do you have the latest version of the game?
- Have you manually removed games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again?
- Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?
Edited by CCPD, 21 June 2013 - 09:28 PM.
Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:35 PM
Yes, I manually removed that folder a few times, and did a clean install from the disc.
I just now deleted the settings files, and it still won't work properly. It just closes the CMD window right after it starts. (I know that updating it removes that CMD window, but I, again, cannot update it.)
Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:10 PM
- Games for Windows Marketplace Client - Download
- DirectX End-User Runtimes - Download
- Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable Package x86 (all three) - Download 2005 / Download 2008 / Download 2010
- .NET Framework (try only 3.5 first) - Download 3.5 / Download 4.5
- Rockstar Games Social Club - Download
Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:24 PM
Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:28 PM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:16 AM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:27 PM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 PM
|Q) How do I install the savegames?|
A) If you need to get hold of your own savegames first, you will find them here
Change the system driver letters accordingly. These paths are valid for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC the paths should be similar.
Now, to place the savegames in the proper directory, you can go by one of the following two procedures
a) Create the following folder structure in the "My Documents" folder manually
for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC it should be similar.
b) Simply start GTAIV, create a new game from the menu and save the game taking the first opportunity. Now you can look for the folder in "My Documents" and drop any savegames you have there.
You can go play now.
If it's, however, the first option, maybe installing the Games for Windows Live Update will help you.
Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:07 PM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:20 PM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:29 PM
Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:37 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users