Photo

Multiple Problems

14 replies to this topic
Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

I recently bought a physical copy of GTA IV from Walmart, and I had a few problems installing it, but eventually got it working. After that, I tried to install a few mods, which didn't work, I reinstalled it. I have now done this 3 times, and it gives me a bunch of problems

The problems I have right now
The game is trying to launch with "Sony DADC Austria AG"
I cannot update to version 1.0.7.0
I get severe system lag when I do get it running

My specs
Processor: AMD FX 4100 Quadcore
Video Card: Nvidia ENGTX 550Ti
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5a97
Power Supply: Some kind of 550 Watt thing - Shouldn't be relevant
HDDs: Main 1.5TB, with 1.09TB free with game installed, Secondary 111GB Drive(Not used for the game)

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this stuff, Please do tell me how, because I'm trying everything I know, and have seen on the internet, and none of it has fixed it.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by CCPD, 21 June 2013 - 09:28 PM.

1. Do you have the latest version of the game?
  2. Have you manually removed games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again?
  3. Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

The version that came on the disc was old, but I downloaded the update for version 1.0.7.0, and tried to install it, but got an error (This is what it looks like: (http://gyazo.com/04e...0e0c0c81b10371d < I read the file that it tells me to look at, and it shows nothing but code.)

Yes, I manually removed that folder a few times, and did a clean install from the disc.

I just now deleted the settings files, and it still won't work properly. It just closes the CMD window right after it starts. (I know that updating it removes that CMD window, but I, again, cannot update it.)

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Download and install (re-install if you already have it):
  1. Games for Windows Marketplace Client - Download
  2. DirectX End-User Runtimes - Download
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable Package x86 (all three) - Download 2005 / Download 2008 / Download 2010
  4. .NET Framework (try only 3.5 first) - Download 3.5 / Download 4.5
  5. Rockstar Games Social Club - Download

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

I did all of that, and it still just closes the CMD when I try to run it off of the GTAIV.exe file directly, and when I try to run it off of the "Play" button in RSGSC, it tells me that the application failed to launch.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Have you tried launching the game in different compatibility modes or as administrator?

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes, I have tried those options.

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

I fixed all of the problems, because of one amazing tool. The tool is called "Revo Uninstall." It does a true, full uninstall, meaning it deletes all registry edits made by a program, and completely wipes it from the system.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

CCleaner also does a pretty good job.

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Alright, I've gotten the game to update to version 1.0.7.0, and the only problem I have now is that the "xlive.dll" file isn't there after I install it, and if I use xliveless, it won't load the game.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

What do you mean that with xliveless you can't load the game? As if, you can't get to the menu, or you can't load your save file? If it's the second one, you should take a look at this Quote below about how to install save files correctly with xliveless:

Q) How do I install the savegames?
A) If you need to get hold of your own savegames first, you will find them here

CODE
Windows XP SP3 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows Vista - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

Change the system driver letters accordingly. These paths are valid for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC the paths should be similar.

Now, to place the savegames in the proper directory, you can go by one of the following two procedures
a) Create the following folder structure in the "My Documents" folder manually

CODE
Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

for both 32 and 64 bit OS versions. For EFLC it should be similar.

b) Simply start GTAIV, create a new game from the menu and save the game taking the first opportunity. Now you can look for the folder in "My Documents" and drop any savegames you have there.

You can go play now.

If it's, however, the first option, maybe installing the Games for Windows Live Update will help you. icon14.gif

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

By saying "I can't load the game" I mean, it opens a CMD, then immediatley closes it. Also, I updated, and re-installed GFWL several times.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

So, you're using xliveless while you're trying to run it? Have you tried without? You should also take in consideration running the game in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode, even run it as administrator. In case that still won't help, you should try to downgrade to the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0. However, before that, installing .NET Framework 3.5 could help you too, so try it out firstly.

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

If I try to run it without xliveless, it says "Fatal Error: WS10" because the xlive.dll file isn't there, because it didn't install with one. I will try downgrading it now, and I already have .NET 3.5.

Avexis
  • Avexis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thank you very much! This worked. The game now loads fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users