Photo

"Hidden packages" system?

25 replies to this topic
DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

When it came to hidden packages, I hated GTA IV's take on it. We had double the packages to find (200 instead of 100), and the reward sucked (the Annihilator that rarely spawned). Plus, you had to shoot them, which got the cops on your ass pretty fast.

I'm honestly hoping we get something better this time around. Maybe it'll be more in tune with San Andreas (certain collectibles for every area, like the tags for Los Santos, the horseshoes for Las Venturas, etc.), but I wouldn't mind GTA V sticking to the Flying Rat system, if the cops are less pissy about it, and if there's an actual set of (good) rewards for it.

Anyone have any specific desires for hidden packages? Who doesn't want any at all?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

We need to be rewarded for every ten or twenty packages we find.
The rewards could be weapons in the safehouse.

Dr Bannington
  • Dr Bannington

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

I hope theres something like the treasure maps from RDR. Plus maybe some puzzles to figure out before you can get some. And dont forget the classic "hey i found it right behind this tree"

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think it would be cool if each protag had their own collectibles signature to their lifestyles.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hidden treasure literally could be the form of hidden packages under the sea at least.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Playa

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

The flying rats were f*cking atrocious.

Any change to GTA IV's collectibles will be a welcomed one.

Treasure hunting underwater would be interesting.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

100 Packages at the countyside, 50 at LS and 50 underwater. And before you complain, SA had more than this (250). Also, every 10 of those should give a weapon spawning at you safehouse.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Damn, nice to see all the responses this has gotten so far. smile.gif

@ Chukkles: I wouldn't mind going back to a III/Vice City-styled system of rewards, but I wonder how they'd structure it if were 10 per reward with 200+ collectibles...

@ Dr Bannington: The treasure map system from RDR could work wonders for the deep sea diving! biggrin.gif

@ Anonamix: This would be incredible, and it'd be a callback to the original San Andreas. If there were a set of collectibles for all three protagonists to find as well, I'd love it.

@ winterrj: Indeed, but I'm wondering if we'd get any rewards asides from sweet, sweet cash.

@ HoleInTheSky: I agree, but it can be done right. If the cops were less invasive about it, and if there were much more to the reward scheme (instead of a chopper that rarely spawns), it probably would have been received a lot more positively by fans.

@ Darth_Starkiller: This would be cool, as well. And my problem with GTA IV's system wasn't the amount to find (hell, I could've gone for even more), but the lack of rewards for it. If we'd have gotten weapons/items every 10 or 20 rats, I'd have been happy with it.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by aaronimpact, 21 June 2013 - 05:12 PM.

GTA IV's pigeon shooting reward was stupid. I didn't even know where it spawned.

I would rather have had weapons in our safe house, which R* did bring back in TBOGT.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

There was hidden packages in 4? I never seen them nor did I ever get any. o_0
What did they look like?

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

diamonds on land and pearls on the seabed - jewelry

You cannot even edit the post for 10 seconds, they live in a hurry -,-

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Cysiek @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:13)
diamonds on land and oysters on the seabed - jewelry

You mean pearls.
Oyster necklace sounds like a sex act. Then again a pearl necklace is exactly that.

CapitanCarrot
  • CapitanCarrot

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

You need to find and kill all 200 bigfoots... bigfeet? scattered across the map. biggrin.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

IV had 200 and V is bigger than SA, IV and RDR maps so that means... V will have around 600 Flying Rats. Shooting them ALL will award you ONLY a "I hate Rats... Especially flying ones." T-shirt for all 3 protags, a Bronze/20G Trophy/Ahievement and 0.0000001% to game completion.
To be serious: I want packages to be like in SA. I dont want to randomly shoot stuff so I can get a damned helicopter. I want to do something interesting for a good reward.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (CapitanCarrot @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 12:36)
You need to find and kill all 200 bigfoots... bigfeet? scattered across the map. biggrin.gif

"Big Feets" happy.gif

jonstunt
  • jonstunt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I would like hidden packages to be car/weaon parts that you can use to customise a car or weapon e.g Superchargers, shocks, alloys, scopes. So you can search for parts if you don't have enough cash to by them.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

@ aaronimpact: Agreed wholeheartedly. And it was nice that safehouse weapons were brought back for TBoGT (reward from Drug War completions), I actually forgot about that.

@ Backfire6: When I first played GTA IV, I had no idea there were flying rats, either. I actually shot one by mistake while trying to shoot an enemy.

user posted image
They look like this. Somewhat easy to spot at night (thanks to the glow), but not so much in the day time.

@ Cysiek: That'd be nice for quick cash rewards.

@ CapitanCarrot: This'd actually be pretty funny. Maybe you'd get a .950 JDJ rifle for being San An's best big game hunter as well. It'd be funny watching the RAGE engine/Euphoria physics do their work while the character tries to fire it, that's for damned sure.

@ WildBrick142: That'd be heartbreaking, damn. tounge2.gif I agree with your serious/hidden remark, though.

@ jonstunt: Awesome idea. Wouldn't mind some unique parts from scavenging/exploring, either.

I actually wouldn't mind if Security Cameras from Chinatown Wars made a comeback. Since there's no sign of drug-dealing in this game, the more cameras that are smashed/destroyed, the harder it could be for cops to track you in that area? It'd work for the city area, though not so much for the rural parts. confused.gif

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I would like it if it are dealers you have to kill or something. Not pingeons, that's just weird lol.
Anyway, if I had to chose, maybe I don't want them at all, so I don't have to go look for them..

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

I never bothered with any hidden packages or shooting pigeons and I'm glad I didn't now I've heard what the rewards/achievements were. If I hear that they are worth collecting then I'll go get them.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Wheatley, 21 June 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Possibly duffle bags with the Rockstar logo on them filled with cash, now that would be cool because it would sort of fit the theme the 3D era had with GTA 3 had packages filled with narcotics, GTA Vice City has statues, San Andreas had different collectibles for each state (Las Venturas had horseshoes to represent luck with gambling, San Fierro had "Snapshots" with you taking pictures of different areas, Los Santos had graffiti tags and finally the ocean and surrounding waters had oysters) being that they are all relevant to each games themes.

-Wheatley

groveSTREETfamily4LIFE
  • groveSTREETfamily4LIFE

Where am I?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

I want the spinning cocaine packages from GTA III back.

Thunder-Soft
  • Thunder-Soft

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Rolled and taped brown paper bag, like finding someone else's dead-drop.

creed200569
  • creed200569

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

i LOVED shooting the pigeons mainly to hear what the peds had to say like some of them would scream ahhhhhh terrorist n run like hell lol. The cops were a pain in the ass so thats why i used the wanted level off cheat otherwise it was annoying as hell

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think there's going to be one collectible for each protag, say 50 each, maybe 100 at a push. The trick is to figure out what each character would collect. It would have to be something suited to each character, to where they live, what they do, to their skillset or something related to their respective subplot.

That, gentlemen, is what you have to figure out.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think it would be fun if we had two type of Hidden Packages. One in the sea and the reward would like golden harpoon and when you collect all you would get the fastest boat in your harbor. And we would have the "normal" ones which when you collect all you would get the default outfits of classic GTA protagonists like for Michael Tommy Vercetti's hawaiian shirt with jeans and white shoes, for Franklin CJ's outfit and for Trevor Toni Cipriani's black suit.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Who ever gets this right should get the game for free. sly.gif
My guess: Story driven Hidden Packages Involving additional info/perk for the player if he/she gets them. (No idea what specifically)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users