Photo

the Gta V Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by hrishi.kick, 05 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Mod closed coz it was pointless.

Wolvington
  • Wolvington

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

You've posted in the wrong section, you should post in the modding section.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well, I'm not sure how this would work, but won't this be a bit pointless? I mean, we can just all buy GTA V, or wait for it to come out on PC and then convert GTA V's map, why doing it this early? And I doubt people would help you. Just giving a head's up. icon14.gif

indra.
  • indra.

3d Modeller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

The ability to mod is essential for any 'leader'. Don't start a topic and ask others to join and do the work for you - you will be completely ignored. Remember that 'texturer' is not considered a legitimate position for a leader. If you can't do anything useful in a mod, don't start one. (Anybody can texture - make sure you can either map, model or script).

Many people who start Total Conversions, don't have a clue how to mod. These people make regular contributions to our Recycle Bin. Don't be one of them.

hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 11:35)
Well, I'm not sure how this would work, but won't this be a bit pointless? I mean, we can just all buy GTA V, or wait for it to come out on PC and then convert GTA V's map, why doing it this early? And I doubt people would help you. Just giving a head's up. icon14.gif

Maybe,but the gta v requirements are top of many's reach.thanks anyway

hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (indra p @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 11:46)
The ability to mod is essential for any 'leader'. Don't start a topic and ask others to join and do the work for you - you will be completely ignored. Remember that 'texturer' is not considered a legitimate position for a leader. If you can't do anything useful in a mod, don't start one. (Anybody can texture - make sure you can either map, model or script).

Many people who start Total Conversions, don't have a clue how to mod. These people make regular contributions to our Recycle Bin. Don't be one of them.

man i am just asking for help why are you guys goin' so harsh?if you don't wanna help me then don't try to discourage me either.and by the way i do map mods.

Dumbass-Productions
  • Dumbass-Productions

Homie

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (hrishi.kick @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 06:42)
QUOTE (indra p @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 11:46)

man i am just asking for help why are you guys goin' so harsh?if you don't wanna help me then don't try to discourage me either.and by the way i do map mods.

Why do you think he is going harsh? He is just confronting you with the reality.

Do you think you're the only one who wanted to make a GTA V mod or any other huge total conversion for SA without any useful modding knowledge and only relying on the help of others?

1. So tell me, how do you want to obtain all the textures from the trailers and screenshots? It's not possible to do that, unless you just do some crap work in Paint by cutting out the textures of the pictures. That wouldnt do the job though.
Recreating textures in Photoshop would require some advanced knowledge, plus it would consume alot of time finding textures in the internet which look remotely similar to GTA V ones.

2. Even if you could manage to do that, do you want to put all those HQ textures on low-poly SA models?

3. You wrote that you've already done some 'map mods'. Recreating the old SA to the look of the new one requires by far more than just placing some extra props in MEd. Plus, how do you want to recreate the map if you don't even know how the whole map looks like? We only saw a few parts of it in the trailers and I highly doubt that you can put all those pieces of information into one logically connected map.

4. How do you want to re-modell every single building and object? Not only that it would take extremely long, but it would be also complicated to make them exactly look like GTA V ones with the very limited information and resources as there are no leaked models or textures anywhere to download.

I could list many other things, but it would take too long and those 4 are already essential for a sucessfull total conversion.

Sorry for crushing your dreams, but this is by far the most stupid idea of all the uncountable of attempts to create an utopic total conversion.

ghpranav
  • ghpranav

Pranav

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (hrishi.kick @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:31)
hello ,this is Kick

As the title says i am working on Gta sanandreas to totally turn into Gta V

Can't do it all alone so i Need some modders who can help me with textures and dff.

Components (Till now)-

:Menu (Done)
:Building textures (working on it)

obtaining all the textures from Screenshots and Trailers.

made the character Franklin face for cj-
user posted image
You also get a little hud tweak in this shot.the hud is also in progress.
Another screenshot of franklin without shades.user posted image

don't get disapionted by others comments,if I could help you I would have but I can't mod,but I can give you sugestions,anyway trees are nice but you should still improve character and hud,all the best for your mod ;-)

Dumbass-Productions
  • Dumbass-Productions

Homie

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

[sarcasm]Very nice job, looks almost like GTA 5. Great job on Franklin, he doesn't look like CJ at all.[/sarcasm]

hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:45)
[sarcasm]Very nice job, looks almost like GTA 5. Great job on Franklin, he doesn't look like CJ at all.[/sarcasm]

Look Dumass,not disrespecting but that's what your name is.you are not helping me with this mod and these are just from franklins screenshots.what do you expect???Cj looks a lot like Franklin ,like his brother.can u make something better?stay out of my post.

gtaloconbest98
  • gtaloconbest98

I am a person in this world

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I think you should wait for GTA V and its modding tool to come out before going any further.The format may be completely different.Especially in new era games.But great job man.You are the only one whom I know to convert things from unreleased game

hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (gtaloconbest98 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:59)
I think you should wait for GTA V and its modding tool to come out before going any further.The format may be completely different.Especially in new era games.But great job man.You are the only one whom I know to convert things from unreleased game

I am gonna recreate this mod when the game is out,but byt that time it will be good enough for the people to get a taste of demo Gta V. smile.gif

Dumbass-Productions
  • Dumbass-Productions

Homie

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (hrishi.kick @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:15)

I am gonna recreate this mod when the game is out,but byt that time it will be good enough for the people to get a taste of demo Gta V. smile.gif

You are the only one whom I know to convert things from unreleased game

You know, if a game is not released it's not possible to convert something from it because there aren't any available ressources which can be converted. All he does is chaning existent ressources so they remotely ressemble what you see on released screenshots and videos of GTA V.

You know, converting stuff from RAGE (GTA V Engine) to RW (GTA SA Engine) is prohibited by the modding rules. If you don't believe me, check them by yourself.

And what taste of 'demo Gta V' will people get from your mod? Absolutely nothing. Franklin still looks like CJ, but at least you used a newer high-res texture, icon14.gif for that (Really).
The HUD looks absolutely ridiculous and you can't include it in your 'mod' because the original HUD is made by Alexander Blade and I highly doubt that he has given you permission to use it yet.

About the building textures, it will be impossible to take them in decent quality from screenshots, you'll notice it earlier or later.

hrishi.kick
  • hrishi.kick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:31)
QUOTE (hrishi.kick @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:15)

You are the only one whom I know to convert things from unreleased game

You know, if a game is not released it's not possible to convert something from it because there aren't any available ressources which can be converted. All he does is chaning existent ressources so they remotely ressemble what you see on released screenshots and videos of GTA V.

You know, converting stuff from RAGE (GTA V Engine) to RW (GTA SA Engine) is prohibited by the modding rules. If you don't believe me, check them by yourself.

And what taste of 'demo Gta V' will people get from your mod? Absolutely nothing. Franklin still looks like CJ, but at least you used a newer high-res texture, icon14.gif for that (Really).
The HUD looks absolutely ridiculous and you can't include it in your 'mod' because the original HUD is made by Alexander Blade and I highly doubt that he has given you permission to use it yet.

About the building textures, it will be impossible to take them in decent quality from screenshots, you'll notice it earlier or later.

uh,oh..ok i understand.
I got Alex's permission through Youtube (In Spanish lol) it might just be prohibited but we will know a lot about the game by then which ca help in modding and Cj Looks Like Fanklin we all know that.

Digas
  • Digas

Texture Maker, Loadscreens Maker, Mapper..PM me

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:45) [sarcasm]Very nice job, looks almost like GTA 5. Great job on Franklin, he doesn't look like CJ at all.[/sarcasm]
Look Dumass,not disrespecting but that's what your name is.you are not helping me with this mod and these are just from franklins screenshots.what do you expect???Cj looks a lot like Franklin ,like his brother.can u make something better?stay out of my post.

Cj and franklin look nothing alike.. Cj is ugly, Franklin has a cool face, and fatter cheeks than CJ. Also bigger eyes, a bigger nose and a little pointy, Franklin is much different.. Don't say they're similar only because they're both black.

valid22
  • valid22

Cpps men + GTA lover

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users