Photo

I need more help with wifi please

7 replies to this topic
dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Ok so I bought this wifi adapter which i upgraded from http://www.belkin.com/us/p/F9L1001 to this http://microcenter.c...Profile_Adapter

Now can someone explain to me why in the hell i am still getting slow internet. mad.gif

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Do you live in the middle of piss all nowhere?
Do you pay for High-speed internet?
Do you have a lot of devices on your network?
Is it cable internet?

dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

i get internet from my cable company on my wired computer downstairs I get 20megabits per second, and I do not live in the middle of nowhere I am on long island. On my network I only have 2-4 devices that need wifi.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (dukee152 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:20)
i get internet from my cable company on my wired computer downstairs I get 20megabits per second, and I do not live in the middle of nowhere I am on long island. On my network I only have 2-4 devices that need wifi.

So cable internet? Not DSL or satelite?

Cable internet is bad if you live in a very heavily populated area, such as an apartment complex or something similar, Because if i remember correctly, Cable internet is shared between everyone else in the area who also has cable internet and part of it's connection is used by your phone and TV. (If you have any)

DSL is the best, because it is used entirely for internet, Not phone, Not TV not anything else. So it's going to be faster.

dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:59)
i get internet from my cable company on my wired computer downstairs I get 20megabits per second, and I do not live in the middle of nowhere I am on long island.  On my network I only have 2-4 devices that need wifi.

Cable internet is bad if you live in a very heavily populated area, such as an apartment complex or something similar, Because if i remember correctly, Cable internet is shared between everyone else in the area who also has cable internet and part of it's connection is used by your phone and TV. (If you have any)

DSL is the best, because it is used entirely for internet, Not phone, Not TV not anything else. So it's going to be faster.

what you do not understand is that I still get 20 megabits per second wired but my wirless adapter gets like 5 megabits per second and I bought a new router http://microcenter.c...ple_User,_E2500 and a new wireless card thinking that I can get good internet connection. I am not switching my internet company.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (dukee152 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:05)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:59)
i get internet from my cable company on my wired computer downstairs I get 20megabits per second, and I do not live in the middle of nowhere I am on long island.  On my network I only have 2-4 devices that need wifi.

what you do not understand is that I still get 20 megabits per second wired but my wirless adapter gets like 5 megabits per second and I bought a new router http://microcenter.c...ple_User,_E2500 and a new wireless card thinking that I can get good internet connection. I am not switching my internet company.

Defective adapter maybe, Or there may be some interference.

dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

I just did some maths and I got that I am 30 feet away from the router is that to far outside of this adapters range?

dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'm gonna return my router if anyone can recomend a better one for same or lower price please tell me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users