Photo

Will I be stuck? (chapter1 almost done)

13 replies to this topic
gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm new in GTA so this game GTA4 is my first GTA game ever biggrin.gif I have had a tough time with some missions and now I fear that I won't be able to complete the whole game cause of my noobness sad.gif anyways there was a mission where I have to kill Faustin and his men. Dimitri told me to take some power ups but I completed the mission without taking them.

Was I really supposed to take them? Are the powerups still available there? Because the next mission seems to be really impossible for me... I mean that I have consumed nearly all bullets. I have no SMGs left but only pistol and shotgun (?). And they don't have much ammo left and in the next mission I have to kill a bunch of enemies so I'm wondering am I now stuck 4ever...

Also I would like to know how do I get more ammo or the weapons? Do I need money? What if I don't have any money?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 21 June 2013 - 11:44 PM.

The "Power-up' was just Body Armor. Body armor spawned in that place where Dimitri told you only for the mission so it's not there anymore but don't worry, there is many of them in the city in the same locations. You can buy weapons (and armor) in the gunstores in alleyways but most of weapons have to be unlocked before buying them by completing missions later on in the story. You can still find them scattered around Liberty City and you don't have to pay for ammo.
Interactive Map of Liberty City (Shows all pickups, collectibles, etc.)

If you have problems with the next mission (I believe it's Russian Revolution), watch this walkthrough, it might help you out a bit smile.gif

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Well thx for that that video, I managed to complete that mission even though with just a pistol :-) it was tough but it just took some time.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

. I mean that I have consumed nearly all bullets. I have no SMGs left but only pistol and shotgun (?). And they don't have much ammo left and in the next mission I have to kill a bunch of enemies so I'm wondering am I now stuck 4ever...

You do know that this is just like GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS, right?-Where there are several weapon spawn points throughout the city where you can get free weapons(armor too)...Also, there are Gun Stores(similar to Ammunation in earlier games) where you can buy weapons and armor as well. Plus, you can get loads of money for weapons and such by stealing a Securicar and destroying it then picking up the money it drops(can get $2,000+ each time this way...Basically, the trick to never running low on ammo is to stock up on it(and armor) BEFORE saving the game.

As far as mission specific spawns go, if you do not collect them by the end of the mission, they disappear, which is why it's best to collect them regardless(who can say no to free weapons? lol tounge2.gif )

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thx for info now I'm doing well or at least I think so :-) I just got my 3rd safe house so I'm in the middle of 2nd chapter... I just really made a mistake and lost a nice looking car! The car was yellow sport car which I got from Brucie's mission. So how did I lost it? Generally I put it to my park slot in the front of my safe house but this time I used this to date with girlfriend. After the dating I got immediately a new task! I wasn't allowed to save the game during the mission so there was no possibility to put my nice car back to the parking slot! I had to use it for the mission and... and I died! I replayed the mission and the car is lost.... big sadness for me

I'm wondering if it is possible to get the same car again from the map.... will I get it from a random car drivers which are encountered in the streets?

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Driving a Sanchez (motorbike) will help in spawning a Comet (this car you are talking about) in the streets.

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Why does driving the vehicle help to encounter the other vehicles biggrin.gif ? Is it possible to get all possible vehicles in that way? If so, is there any list or formula where I can see what vehicles help to get other vehicles.. :-)?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Why does driving the vehicle help to encounter the other vehicles

Is this the first GTA game you played? lol lol.gif tounge2.gif As it is the same for ALL GTA games from III to VC to SA to LCS to VCS, to where the class of vehicle that you are driving will determine what kinds of vehicles you see most in traffic...ie. IF you are driving a Turismo for example, then you will see more Sports car type vehicles in traffic...driving a motorcycle will spawn a lot of motorcycles in traffic..it is just how the game's memory works for spawning vehicles. Just a heads up. smile.gif

Another alternative to get vehicles you like is by doing Stevie's car theft side missions and when a car comes up on the list you want, you can keep it and wait til you can get it again for the list to complete the side job he gives you.

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Well if you read the first post you can see that it is the first... But thanks for the info anyway, I didn't know about that! At the moment I'm in the beginning of the chapter 3.

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have completed all missions! Now I have to decide which sequel do I start first: TLaD or TBoGT? Any suggestions? And which is the best for city discovery and city hanging out on free time: Original or TLaD or TBoGT?

Kristina.
  • Kristina.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (gta4_player @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 20:44)
I have completed all missions! Now I have to decide which sequel do I start first: TLaD or TBoGT? Any suggestions? And which is the best for city discovery and city hanging out on free time: Original or TLaD or TBoGT?

I'd rather choose TBOGT first. TBOGT is best at free roam'ing, because, it has much new vehicles, guns, and also a parachute. TLAD doesn't have one, and has less more vehicles and guns. TBOGT is about Luiz Lopez, which is running a club with Tony. TLAD is about a biker gang, in it you are Johnny Klebitz(I don't know if I misspeled his surname).

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ok :-) TBOGT sounds really cool cause I have read that it is funny! I hope I will understand the story mission exactly cause no experiences from TLAD yet ;-)

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Sweet Johnson is a Penis Joke.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

well, TLaD is first and TBoGT, TlaD and IV have connections,While TBoGT solves everything, in TLaD they are friends with the IV main character.

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by gta4_player, 14 July 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Well I just decided to start TLaD and complete story and after that I can spend huge time with TboGT :-)
E: I decided to get all achievements from TLAD cause there are only 5 of them. In my opinion three of them are simple but the other two seem not so simple. Whacking 69 bikers is only possible in the races? I hate races... sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users