Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA not running

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Everytime I launch SA, it doesn't start, my PC then starts getting slow, rundll32 starts consuming the processes, I already used the rundll32exefix.asi by Swoorup but it still doesn't work, It doesn't seem if the game's modded or not, because clean install also doesn't work, CD one too. One time I got around this by using the rundll32fix.asi, and by deleting the gtasa.set file (which removes the need of using the rundll32exefix.asi) but now it doesn't work anymore (I tried with and without the rundll32exefix.asi and gtasa.set) even if i run it with the fix now, the game doesn't start and rundll32 starts consuming the processes again.

It also happens with VC and III, This time, they start up, but they lag badly because of the rundll32 consuming the processes, even I used the fix too (the fix works with all III,VC,SA and IV)

This has never happened before, can someone tell me how to fix this?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive? Have you tried to un-install and re-install the game? Have you tried running the game in Windows 98 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode? What about trying to run it as administrator?
I don't know what that rundll32exefix.asi file is, but it's not a part of the original game files, so best would be to remove it. Do you get any kind of error when trying to launch San Andreas? If yes, what does it say?

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Where do you have the game from?

From a CD i bought long ago, it works before

Are you using any mods or cracks?

i tried both with mods and not with mods, cracks yes, but i doubt it affects the error

Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

no, doubt that it affects the error too.

Have you tried to un-install and re-install the game?

yes.

Have you tried running the game in Windows 98 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode? What about trying to run it as administrator?

yes and yes.

I don't know what that rundll32exefix.asi file is, but it's not a part of the original game files, so best would be to remove it. Do you get any kind of error when trying to launch San Andreas? If yes, what does it say?

I know its not part of the original game files, but it is a asi file for fixing the error, it worked at first, i don't know why but it doesn't work now.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:53)

i tried both with mods and not with mods, cracks yes, but i doubt it affects the error

Why do you need cracks if you have the original game? Please remove the crack and try to play the game with the original .exe file. You can't really deny that a crack couldn't affect your game, since most of them do. Just remove it and play with the original game files.

We can't help you if you have cracks, since their discussion is forbidden on GTAForums, so please remove it.
Oh, and best would be to not install mods either, since those can mess up your game as well.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:53)

Why do you need cracks if you have the original game? Please remove the crack and try to play the game with the original .exe file. You can't really deny that a crack couldn't affect your game, since most of them do. Just remove it and play with the original game files.

We can't help you if you have cracks, since their discussion is forbidden on GTAForums, so please remove it.
Oh, and best would be to not install mods either, since those can mess up your game as well.

The crack is very useful and make you can run GTA SA without insert CD, the crack is not contain any bug, that bug also ever happened at my PC, and I have reinstall it but not work, so change the windows is last chance, if you are windows 7, change it to windows xp wink.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

But I don't understand. Why use a crack when you have bought the original game? Cracks do nothing but mess up the game in the strangest ways. And normal fixes never work on a cracked .exe file. Changing the Operating System could work, but since it's a cracked .exe file, it could simply give the same error. And if you don't have the CD means you've pirated your game, in which case piracy isn't supported here. Buy the game if you want to play it bug-less.

Anyway, we'll end this here. Cracks discussion is forbidden on this forum anyway, so what point in continuing the talk. If the original poster doesn't give up on the crack, we won't be able to help him. Sorry.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by lil weasel, 20 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Cracked games are a form of Piracy.
Reinstall the game clean, Don't use a Crack, If you have problems Without the Crack and NO Modification to the game, you can come back.

We don't fix modified games, and we don't support piracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users