Photo

Invincible recruits

30 replies to this topic
King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by King Andreas, 04 August 2014 - 08:39 AM.

If you've grown tired of your recruits getting slaughtered, I've unearthed a remedy.

Note: You don't have to use cheats; cheats just facilitate the process.

Get to level 2 of the Firefighter missions with there being a Grove member in the care alone. Next, spray him after spraying the vehicle. Here's where it gets tricky: After spraying him, if he is wielding a gun, exit the firetruck without pressing the mission cancellation button/key (even though this also ends the mission) then recruit him. If he was unarmed or was wielding a melee weapon (example: knife), you must press the mission cancellation button/key after spraying him before getting out and recruiting him. Seeing as Grove rarely ever are in burning vehicles, it's best to activate the "gangs and workers" cheat (the one where only Grove, Ballas, Vagos, and cabbies spawn) to speed up the process. Attacks by non-player controlled characters won't even damage him; attacks by the player will. Party time!

-King Andreas (Discoverer and PS2 tester)
-DarrinPA (XBOX tester)
-0909090 (PC tester)
-Khsh97 (Android tester)
-Militia (PS3 tester)

• OG Viking, skills, purple x and 3 others like this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I might try it out later today on my PS3 but its ok if i use it on normal peds with the recruit anyone cheat ? Or it really need to be your homeboys? In this way i can see within 1minut if it works.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

This can be quite useful, especially because we don't have to cheat, so everyone can try it, it's a pity GSF in Firefighter are a rare occurence.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by King Andreas, 02 July 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Almost forgot to mention: The best place (I assume you conquered all territories) for this is East Beach; you'll go back & forth a short distance between level 1 & 2.

I'm having fun causing chaos with my invincible Grove boys.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Very nice finding I'll later give it a try on PC and PS3

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

Ok, King Andreas asked me to test it on Xbox original. Here is what I have so far.

I wasn't sure which cheat to use. There is "Gangs Control the Streets", but I used "Gang Members Everywhere". I finally was able to get a Grove Street member on level two. He had a pistol so I followed the correct proceedure in recruiting him. I then started gang wars and random shootings with peds - leaving him in the middle to get shot - and he never died. I took him to the stadium parkinglot and just kept shooting him, he didn't die until I got close and did a push back/headshot combo.

I'm not sure if he is invincible or just has really high health. But this is only one test so don't worry. I'll continue to test this tomorrow using both methods to see if I get consistant results.
  • King Andreas likes this

Wolvington
  • Wolvington

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

So, if you activate Vigilante missions in a similar way, in the higher levels, you'll get GSF's with AK-47 & Shotguns and what not. And maybe you'll be able to recruit them after failing.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by King Andreas, 15 July 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Many, many thanks, DarrinPA.

Unfortunately, trying this on Vigilante missions won't work. Here's why: Gangs that appear on Vigilante missions aren't programmed as true gang members. I destroyed 2 cars full of Aztecas on Vigilante missions; my "enemy gangs killed" tally stayed the same. On the contrary, it increased my "criminals killed" tally. Therefore, you won't be able to recruit Groves that appear on Vigilante missions. Gangs that appear on Firefighter missions are programmed as actual gang members. The Vagos I killed on Firefighter missions increased my "enemy gangs killed" tally. Not only can I recruit the Grove boys that appear on Firefighter missions, killing them increases my "friendly gang members killed" tally, so I know they're real.
  • skills likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Very nice find. smile.gif

Why do you have to do it on level 2? I think you will get cars with only one people in them on higher levels too.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by King Andreas, 14 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

For some reason, this only works for me on level two. Furthermore, I don't know why they have to be in the car alone, but this never worked for me when they were accompanied.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'll try check it for you tomorrow ( now gtg der riese zombies ). So what i gotta do is get firetruck activate the firetruck mission then wait till i see a single grove street guy in a car then spray the water on the car then he exit car i spray water on him then i recruit him? My qeustions: THE grove street Guy must be the car that the mission says u to spray or lets say i need spray random guy car but i see gsf drive i can do trick too ? Qeustion 2, theres no time limit like u need recruit him while still laying down ( from spray ). Im already @ last island and purple gang walking around grovestreet if im right so this still gonna work at this part of the game ? I think Xbox 1 version same as PS3 cuz if im right Xbox got GTA later on ( so like V2 ) or that only where gta3 i dunno cuz dont like xbox. Think it Will work cuz this is unknown/late glitch that R* never thought bout themself so what they dont know they cant patch. Sorry for bad english

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by OrionSR, 27 June 2013 - 07:50 PM.

The routines that control levels 1 and 2 of firefighter are slightly different than for the rest of the levels; the burning vehicles are fireproof only during these early levels. It might have something to do with 2 door vehicles being able to spawn like in the early levels of vigilante. I forget, it's been a while since I've looked at these scripts. Anyway, the point is, I wouldn't be surprised if this trick can only work on level 2.

I can't really tell what the mission flow is here, but what I'm seeing in some spots is that the burning peds are immune to non-player, and FP/EP. Does that match your observations?

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by King Andreas, 29 May 2014 - 02:00 PM.

Proofed characteristics (melee, bullet, fire, explosion, rundown) are retained or lost in accordance with specific circumstances, as mentioned in my first post. Those influential factors are comparable to how proofed vehicles lose their traits according to variables. It doesn't matter how many doors the target recruits car has as long as the other factors I mentioned earlier are fulfilled.

Surely, Rockstar implemented these immunities for the mission NPCs intentionally to prevent them from dying due to circumstances beyond your control (peds running them down while you're spraying them), though I doubt they ever thought this would be seized upon and applied to Grove members.

• purple x likes this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

I did it with the recruit anyone cheat and it works for the PS3 version. Guy cant die maybe from falling great height but i doubt it.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 14:19)
It might have something to do with 2 door vehicles being able to spawn like in the early levels of vigilante.

How is vigilante affecting the spawning of two-door vehicles?

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:16)

Surely, Rockstar implemented these immunities for the mission NPC's intentionally as to prevent them from dying due to circumstances beyond your control (such as peds running them down while you're spraying them),

I have noticed that burning NPCs don't die easily when run over by traffic, and that they obviously are fire resistant, but I didn't know that they are fully immune against everything. It's good to know though, because I always worry that something could kill them and fail my mission.

I also didn't know that the game treats burning vehicles differently in level 1 and 2. I have never had a car burn up at any firefighter level.

But the burning NPCs can not swim? I have tried using the water to push them into the ocean, the flames are put out and they count as rescued, but I assume they drown.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

Not to get too far off-topic, but during the first two levels of vigilante it's possible for vehicles that only permit 2 passengers to spawn. After that only 4 door vehicles will spawn. Some people use this information to help spawn rare vehicles early in the game when they don't usually have access to a Hotknife, Phoenix, or Euros. It's a trophy thing for people that like to make master saves.

I'm not sure how the 2-door spawns work for firefighter, but my notes for proofed vehicles suggest that fireproof vehicles can be collected from the first two levels of firefighter only. My comment was intended to bolster confidence in observations that suggest the first to levels might be different.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

To be accepted in the community you have to be blind

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

What you must do is activate the firefighter mission, get to level 2, there must be a Grove member in the car by himself, spray the car, wait for him to exit and spray him. Here's where it gets tricky: After spraying him; if he is wielding a gun, get out without hitting the mission cancel button/key (which also ends the mission, but still), and recruit him.

So you take a fireman car and activate the mini missions, get to level 2. Then I don't understand what you have to do. Someone explain it please?

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

I readed some at forums and saw Guy saying ( dont know which version game ) the people u pickup from taxifares immume from damage if im right so heres the easier way ( if it works + no credits for me ) get taxi go activate taxi mission, recruit anyone cheat and recruit him, as far as my logic goes he invincible too. If not works u take this steps, get firetruck start mission at lvl 3 or some ppl on fire get out car, shoot water on him then recruit him now he invinceble but check the post bout gun thing i dont remember. U want legit u need wait till grove member gets out burning car.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:08 AM Edited by King Andreas, 05 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.

I don't know (probably don't want to know) where Aintgottime2bleed derived the notion that would-be fares have any immunities. You ever get annoyed waiting for one to enter your vehicle only for someone to run them down? Yeah, no immunities. However, burning characters can get smashed by a car and not even so much as get knocked down. What does that tell you? Furthermore, him asking if there was a limitation of time (there isn't) and if him spraying a random Grove car that's not burning will result in him leaving so he can spray him will make him invincible (it won't; he won't even exit if the car isn't burning) brought confusion to Xylophobia. This doesn't cover everything he spouted, though I'll stop here.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hey man i can say 99% sure this works on all versions since this a typical glitch/trick R* didnt expect. Only problem is how you want it confirmed ( cheats or legit ). The only way R* could fixed this is by not letting groves spawn in burning vehicles ( on firetruck mission ). So heres the problem  ( although i think its not fixed ), i used recruit anyone cheat so maybe R* fixed it by not letting groves spawn in burning vehicles ( since i used cheat i dont know ). I think they didnt patched invincible ped/npc cuz thats not a glitch they just did it else would be unfair if u keep failing firetruck mission by crazy npc etc.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by King Andreas, 05 July 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Thus far, this works on PS2, XBOX, PC, Android, and PS3. I'll be grateful to anyone who confirms this on IOS, XBOX 360, and/or MAC.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Team Bring It

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

King Andreas asked me to test this on mobile version.I tested it on Android. I have used gangs cheat so there are only gangs spawning. And followed the procedure which king andreas have stated. After recruiting him, he was invincible. He killed bunch of ballas and vagos. Their bullets were not doing damage to him. To furthur test his invincibility I disabled gangs cheat and took him to the las venturas freeway. When exiting the vehicle a fast car came and stopped for him while another fast car knocked me down. When I got on another side of the road and call him and ordered him to stop on the road. Car were going through him. This glitch works on Android. I haven't tested this glitch on iOS but it will also work on iOS because iOS and Android version are the same. I have also a proof of it.

Here comes the proof:

7ZY5jxo.jpg

• OG Viking and King Andreas like this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by King Andreas, 10 July 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Thanks again, Khsh97.

Splendid discovery: This works easier on Paramedic missions. On level 1 instead of 2, take a single Grove boy to the nearby hospital. The recruitment steps are the same as with the Firefighter missions. Regardless, I'll keep to the Firefighter approach since it feels more original.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

What color is the GSF's health bar when you point your gun at them?

This might be related to another glitch I ran into years ago;

When you jack a car that has a passenger in it, the passenger becomes invincible. Well, maybe not all of them do but here's how I stumbled into it once:

Jacked a car, passenger did not bail out, I bailed out of car and car fell into water. The passenger never sank, kept on running in place in the water. I pointed gun at them and instead of a Red Yellow or Green health, it was Black.

I tried the same thing with smashing a car into gas pumps, the passenger doesn't die and health level is Black. I opened up with M4 and passenger kept running but didn't drop.

I did not check to see if all passengers are invincible, such as the ones that do bail out but it should be easy to test.

If it is also the same variant of the invincible GSFs in Big Smoke's Cash mission, they're immune to everything except being run over. But I seem to recall these ones have a Green health bar.

• DarrinPA likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Haha, Big Smoke's Cash...That is where I obtained the BP/FP/EP/MP Patriot.  It was quite funny and a different method instead of towing it back to garage.  I actually punched the door, and when one of the Grove Street guys came out, I quickly tapped X to get into the car and drove away and it kept the properties.  Although, he tried to jack it back from me...LOL :p

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

Haha, Big Smoke's Cash...That is where I obtained the BP/FP/EP/MP Patriot.  It was quite funny and a different method instead of towing it back to garage.  I actually punched the door, and when one of the Grove Street guys came out, I quickly tapped X to get into the car and drove away and it kept the properties.  Although, he tried to jack it back from me...LOL :p

I had not ever thought of quickly hitting the "jack" button to see if I could get inside. Usually after a punch CJ maintains the fighting stance for a short spell.

I always would punch the car, point the gun, get on the Sanchez I used to chase then run over the GSF. You never get docked for killing a friendly if you run him over.

• Militia likes this

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 15 July 2014 - 07:57 PM.

What color is the GSF's health bar when you point your gun at them?
This might be related to another glitch I ran into years ago;

When you jack a car that has a passenger in it, the passenger becomes invincible. Well, maybe not all of them do but here's how I stumbled into it once:
Jacked a car, passenger did not bail out, I bailed out of car and car fell into water. The passenger never sank, kept on running in place in the water. I pointed gun at them and instead of a Red Yellow or Green health, it was Black.

I can confirm that this also happens on Xbox. Many years ago I drove a stolen car with a passanger into the water on the west side of the San Ferrio beach. The 'black health' passanger was able to get back up the beach and just ran around forever. Perhaps if you use the "recruit anyone" cheat, this would be another way to get invincible recruits. Good thought Krawk!

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

I had not ever thought of quickly hitting the "jack" button to see if I could get inside. Usually after a punch CJ maintains the fighting stance for a short spell.

I always would punch the car, point the gun, get on the Sanchez I used to chase then run over the GSF. You never get docked for killing a friendly if you run him over.

I was really lucky.  I tried countless times to get the Patriot back to the Doherty Garage with the Tow Truck, but always seemed to fail.  More than likely, it'd disappear in the middle of me towing it back.  Then I got frustrated and remembered that you CAN also punch Woozie's pink BP/FP/EP Elegy to get him out and then drive away.  However, when I obtained the BP/FP/EP Elegy and BP/FP/EP Fortune, I didn't use the punching the door method, I towed the Elegy and I pushed the Fortune.

Now, for the Patriot, I stood behind the Driver's side door and the moment I saw him open the door, I kept tapping X repeatedly to get inside the Patriot.  Once inside I accelerated forward while turning slightly.  That is when the Grove guy tried to take the car back, but he fell off trying to hold onto the door a couple moments after I turned and I drove away to Doherty and stored it.  Then I tested the properties and it's surely BP/FP/EP/MP.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by King Andreas, 15 July 2014 - 10:30 PM.

When a Grove boy is sprayed after getting out of a burning vehicle, his health is green, Krawk. Even after one is hit by a rocket and propelled into Gal, not only was his health still green, Gal fell and the recruit was still standing. The burning vehicle occupants trick is not "related" to the scared passenger glitch. No matter what NPCs do to your burning vehicle recruits, they take no damage; whatever you do to them, they take damage. The health of the scared passengers will turn color from attacks by the player and NPCs. Not only that, if it's black, they will drop dead after they eventually stop running. If their health turns black after they stop running, they'll still drop dead. They aren't invincible; they take damage; they have a delayed death.

No, Militia and Krawk, the Grove boys in burning vehicles are real gang members, seeing as you can recruit them, whereas the ones driving the Patriot with Smokes cash aren't. You or another driving NPC running over and killing the ones with Smokes cash won't increase your "friendly gangs killed" tally; you killing those that appear in burning vehicles will.

Let me correct Ryder too by quoting him first: "Hey check it out. Somebody's selling to one of the homies". Actually, killing that "homie" and the "Ballas" on that mission don't increase killed gang tallies either. Only the gang members killed on Firefighter missions, gang war missions (Doberman, Home Coming, Beat Down On B-Dup, Grove 4 Life), and Paramedic missions increase such tallies. Most the mission characters just use the gang member skin models.

I'm surprised people are more interested in proofed/unique vehicles than tricks of this sort.
  • OG Viking and Militia like this

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by Krawk, 16 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

I was really lucky.  I tried countless times to get the Patriot back to the Doherty Garage with the Tow Truck, but always seemed to fail.  More than likely, it'd disappear in the middle of me towing it back.  Then I got frustrated and remembered that you CAN also punch Woozie's pink BP/FP/EP Elegy to get him out and then drive away.  However, when I obtained the BP/FP/EP Elegy and BP/FP/EP Fortune, I didn't use the punching the door method, I towed the Elegy and I pushed the Fortune.

The Elegy & Fortune are Meleeproof as well : )

No, Militia and Krawk, the Grove boys in burning vehicles are real gang members, seeing as you can recruit them, whereas the ones driving the Patriot with Smokes cash aren't. You or another driving NPC running over and killing the ones with Smokes cash won't increase your "friendly gangs killed" tally; you killing those that appear in burning vehicles will.

I know this as well. I also know if a gang member is having a random shootout/chase by the police that if you kill them your Criminals Wasted count goes up, not gang members killed.

• Militia likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users