Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why I don't like gta iv overall. (online)

6 replies to this topic
Brandon1364
  • Brandon1364

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by Brandon1364, 19 June 2013 - 12:22 PM.

This topic is meant to vent some anger at Gta IV (online) and discuss what you don't like about it. Please respect the opinions of other posters and not provoke immature arguements, thank you.

What I don't like about gta IV online is the players who randomly attack you while you're minding your business and proceeds to chase you down with a buzzard unprovoked. May I ask why people always do that? Literraly every game I join, there's a group of people who attack others for no reason and chase down people with their buzzards which leads to pure helicopter chaos. For gta 5, they should have an online preference option that allows you to turn off lethal aircraft if you don't feel like dealing with the aircraft abusers. Modders who blow up random players also need to get off gta.

The online has so much potential but people don't even like to discover it because all they literally do is go to a helicopter and fight each other all day like they're playing a Tom Clancy game. People don't base jump or parkour etc... which is really fun with others but dulls out in single player quickly. Most people who play this treat gta like it's a cod and do nothing but buzzard rampage and shoot every player on sight.

The driving in this game is terrible, the AI always cause traffic jams and rams into your car for no reason, cars flip over the slightest bumb at 10 mph especially motorcycles which will flip 30ft in the air at 15-40 mph over a tiny bump. Other players in the game are horrible drivers as you can find thier car t-boned on your brand new car or bike, it's seriously not that hard to not hit another player's vehicle... The vehicles overall are garbage, you only reach a top speed that feels like 80mph and basically ever vehicle's the same, an infernus barely pulls away from a faggio while accelerating which is ridiculous because you don't see super cars barely pulling away from mopeds LOL, we should've been able to rip through the streets at 150 due to the size of the map but hopefully in gta V we can hit 200+. Overall, due to handling, you crash into everything.

I hope rockstar doesn't make any other future gta as bad as they did 4. Gta 5 will definately be a better game than this garbage they released. The story on IV was fun though. Hopefully the players will change their ways in Gta V. suicidal.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 19 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

The problem is not the game, It's the players. Even if you add an option to turn off lethal aircraft in Free Mode, nobody will use it and you'll find yourself in empty lobbies like Car Jack City Disallow. The only way to make people play nice or differently from their usual same old routine is if you force it or REWARD it, which I hope R* does with V.

The game allows you to set up private lobbies to play the way you like with your friends so that's your alternative, or join a gang or participate in events if you don't have any. I got a friend I do racing with on all different settings everyone else is too sh*tty at, so I'm satisfied.

And driving in this game is the best.

Brandon1364
  • Brandon1364

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:57)
The problem is not the game, It's the players. Even if you add an option to turn off lethal aircraft in Free Mode, nobody will use it and you'll find yourself in empty lobbies like Car Jack City Disallow. The only way to make people play nice or differently from their usual same old routine is if you force it or REWARD it, which I hope R* does with V.

The game allows you to set up private lobbies to play the way you like with your friends so that's your alternative, or join a gang or participate in events if you don't have any. I got a friend I do racing with on all different settings everyone else is too sh*tty at, so I'm satisfied.

And driving in this game is the best.

I'm sure the lobbies won't be dead because it's free roam and Gta V most likely have alot of players online. I've heard of many people who would love to play in lobbies without lethal aircraft so why not impliment a spawn blocker for lethals aka the preference! biggrin.gif Also I did try to imply it being some of the players without blaming the whole game.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think the driving is good but is supposed to be dumbed down for V sad.gif

BOGT is sh*te with or without buzzards. News flash theres combat jets in V so how you gonna deal with them if your moaning about a chopper?

Brandon1364
  • Brandon1364

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Madmonk420 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:33)
I think the driving is good but is supposed to be dumbed down for V sad.gif

BOGT is sh*te with or without buzzards. News flash theres combat jets in V so how you gonna deal with them if your moaning about a chopper?

I didn't say I was always not going to play with aircraft, I basically said that not everyone feels like being to be bombed to Sh*t every time they play gta. Do you honestly want to explore gta V online with other people and then become unable to due to some random 12 year old in a buzzard killing you every 10 seconds for no reason? Don't even tell me to turn FF off because those kids will still spam rockets at you and hit you until you die. I would love to use the jets when I'm in the mood to pilot but it's like that every day which gets dull. It's Grand theft auto not Grand theft aircraft fighter. icon13.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Aircrafts will be cool if they can't hover/vertical takeoff like the Hydra in SA and will be a good Buzzard repellant.

By the way, The Lost And Damned don't have Annihilators in Free Mode, unless Cops are On. People are much less sh*tty on this DLC.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by Legacy-666_, 21 June 2013 - 05:31 AM.

This is GTA !
If you dont like getting killed play with friendly fire off.
Dont message or abuse players on the mic.
Find a new game, it takes 3 seconds to do.
The first thing you learn when you start playing MP is to always be prepared to defend yourself.

DB^TLAD has the laggers, without a chopper to stop them they run free. I left Vanilla because of the modders, played TLAD till the laggers ruined it, have fun on TBOGT now. Only seen 2 or 3 modders there and shooting pilots out of those buzzards is so much fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users