Photo

Animator

2 replies to this topic
VJ Kethan
  • VJ Kethan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi everyone, my name is vijay kethan and i am from india. I am new to this forum can i ask a doubt. How much would be the salary of a animator i mean in ea games or ubisoft or microsoft blush.gif because now i am 17 years old and i am thinking of becoming a animator because i love games...... biggrin.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by GunWrath, 19 June 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Animators really don't make that much, honestly. But it all depends on your experience and your quality. Just because you have a degree doesn't necessarily mean you'll be hired on as top dollar or hired at all. I used to be a part of a gaming group called Gunslingers acouple years back and the founders of it worked as Animators for Hollywood movies, they had credits in Transformers movies, etc and their salaries from her mouth said she only earned around 50-60k/yr .. which isn't too bad here in the states, that qualifies for a comfortable living. She worked for an independent studio so they get contracted out to films, she didn't work for the actual Film Studio. So it's possible that some firms make more.

But I'm sure you can google around and see what are some qualifications and salaries that are average for gaming animators.. but I would imagine it to be around the same, if not less, maybe more. Nice career choice though, my friend. icon14.gif I hope it's something you really follow and enjoy doing. Gaming is only getting bigger and better, so the more the better!

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

I think programers get more money than Animators so I would recommend a programmer job and in a new company cause if your in a new company , you'll have better support from that company

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users