DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW PS3 UPDATE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic
MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Don't give that guy the time guys lol, it isn't worth it, his account was made 13 months ago and all he has is a username and 39 posts, if anything the accounts most likely a certain somebodies troll account. sly.gif

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Update on the situation:

The 4.45 firmware update has been taken down from the site. Sony Computer Entertainment is currently fixing the problem. Users are advised not to update their PS3s until further notice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is with PS3s over 500GB were affected by the error. One of the main features of the new update is to allow users to disable trophy notifications during gameplay.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:37)
Update on the situation:

The 4.45 firmware update has been taken down from the site. Sony Computer Entertainment is currently fixing the problem. Users are advised not to update their PS3s until further notice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is with PS3s over 500GB were affected by the error. One of the main features of the new update is to allow users to disable trophy notifications during gameplay.

All that trouble was caused by an absolutely useless update? lol god help us suicidal.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I already updated it..

Well, there goes my PS3 Slim.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:34)
QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 03:29)
unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

That is just terrible that a company can be directly responsible for their product breaking down, yet they aren't held responsible.

Well, when i say there will be no help... im sure if you to the fight to court etc etc they would be held accountable in the end..... but you know how "the west" works dude.... for the "man on the street" it is cheaper to replace it with a brand new one then piss around trying to take it higher.

Also, for all we know, they may well have a fix which involves a complete HDD format or somthing... its a bummer in terms of your data... but legally putting them in "the right".

My ps3 is under my sofa patiently waiting for GTA:V so i wont be affected by this, but i would be pretty pissed if i was! I'd be on the phone to sony using my blagging skills with a pinch of rage to try and get either a free ps3, or atleast a free repair.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:39)
I already updated it..

Well, there goes my PS3 Slim.

If you've used it after the update you're fine. If you have an issue where you start up and nothing happens after a certain stage then I guess you'll have to join the suicidal.gif league lol.

Molotov69
  • Molotov69

howdy cowboy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by Molotov69, 19 June 2013 - 08:45 AM.

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:39)
What does this have to do with GTA V?

acctually this have something to do with ps3

if my ps3 breaks i cant play it anymore

thanks for heads up !!

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for the warning man, but i just update it 2 hours ago,before i saw this. I guess i had luck becouse it still work normally(knocking on tree). Slim model 250 gb. Writing this on PS3 right now.I tell you if its go down.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

http://community.us....14849#U40714849

Anyone tried this?

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:29)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:01)
QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:00)
I give this thread a  cookie.gif   he is really sincere on helping people.

It's not like Sony is not going to do crap about it, the most this will do is save your console (not all consoles are affected by it by the way, it's mostly the old ass ones) for another few days or so until there's a fix patch

Ok, so it bricks the console to the point it wont boot... how do you supose one would go about getting their fix patch if the console wont boot?

I know in Unicorn land Sony MUST do somthing becuase we have rights, and they will send a small sony branded umpa-lumpa round to fix it... but we live here on earth... unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

Are you new to PS3's? There's an option to turn on the console through "Safe Mode" by holding down the power button, from there it brings up a small debug menu and you can actually patch it through there, but Sony recommended you shouldn't use it yet until they update the patch on their website whenever it's ready.

Hell Sony even has a freaking guide on how to manually patch the console with a USB Flash Drive.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:27)
The good thing about this is that you can use it as brick when building house.

And when you get an Xbox One you then have 2 bricks. biggrin.gif

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:45)

It's not like Sony is not going to do crap about it, the most this will do is save your console (not all consoles are affected by it by the way, it's mostly the old ass ones) for another few days or so until there's a fix patch

Ok, so it bricks the console to the point it wont boot... how do you supose one would go about getting their fix patch if the console wont boot?

I know in Unicorn land Sony MUST do somthing becuase we have rights, and they will send a small sony branded umpa-lumpa round to fix it... but we live here on earth... unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

Are you new to PS3's? There's an option to turn on the console through "Safe Mode" by holding down the power button, from there it brings up a small debug menu and you can actually patch it through there, but Sony recommended you shouldn't use it yet until they update the patch on their website whenever it's ready.

Hell Sony even has a freaking guide on how to manually patch the console with a USB Flash Drive.

Even so bro, the whole aim of this is to prevent it happening to anyone in the first place so they don't have to do that.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

RE-READING. monocle.gif monocle.gif monocle.gif

feestaap1
  • feestaap1

the son I always wanted

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

thank you mate! you saved my ps3!

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:36)
I'm reading on facebook and IGN that this latest update is bricking the consoles of a majority of users that have downloaded it. If you don't know what bricking is then you don't want too. Just don't update your PS3's until we hear something from Sony, some people have done it successfully but it isn't clear what the situation is at the moment.

To anyone saying I'm breaking the rules if I save someone $400 I'm more then happy to break the rules this once, this place has the most activity hence it'll reach the most people and prevent the most damage.

Anyone whose already experienced the bricking or knows anything else on the situation please assist me.

I don't own a PS3 but I think the community appreciates what you have done. Ignore the folks who complain about it not being in the right section, this information should be in every section to reach a wider audience. I know "rules are rules" however there are times such as this when some rules should be slightly bent to allow this sort of information to get to the right people.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Im not new to Ps3, but i didn't know about safemode (presuming it gets past the point where you activate safemode?) but I'm pretty sure patching via usb stick is done via the XMB?

Either way, respect to Op for not being a robot sheep...sticking his neck on the line, and saving countless people from even getting in the above position icon14.gif cookie.gif

If you can't appreciate it... move on to one of the many other threads availble?

kickboxamatt
  • kickboxamatt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Just turned on my ps3 and signed in and there was no update notification lol winning

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

PS3 Safe Mode:

Just incase no one knows.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Someone has reedem themself biggrin.gif no thanks for the heads. But can't seem to get my PS3 to go online anyway thanks though.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:51)
PS3 Safe Mode:

Just incase no one knows.

Thank you, felt like I was the only one that had common sense on modern technology

And again Mickey, nothing against your thread dude was just answering those that were trying to prove me wrong hehe icon14.gif

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Update from CVG

http://www.computera...-error-reports/

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:49)
QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:36)
I'm reading on facebook and IGN that this latest update is bricking the consoles of a majority of users that have downloaded it. If you don't know what bricking is then you don't want too. Just don't update your PS3's until we hear something from Sony, some people have done it successfully but it isn't clear what the situation is at the moment.

To anyone saying I'm breaking the rules if I save someone $400 I'm more then happy to break the rules this once, this place has the most activity hence it'll reach the most people and prevent the most damage.

Anyone whose already experienced the bricking or knows anything else on the situation please assist me.

I don't own a PS3 but I think the community appreciates what you have done. Ignore the folks who complain about it not being in the right section, this information should be in every section to reach a wider audience. I know "rules are rules" however there are times such as this when some rules should be slightly bent to allow this sort of information to get to the right people.

Even if the 0.001% chance of being punished about this became realistic I'd be more than happy to take it for the team. Martin Luther King died fighting for what he believes in and even though this in no way whatsoever would even be 0.1% near what he did I think you understand what I'm trying to get across. I don't want to see some innocent kid losing his PlayStation because Sony made a mistake and no one told him. It isn't his fault but I'm more than sure his parents wouldn't see it being that way and I don't want something like that on his shoulders either. When the time comes and I feel I can make a difference by standing up and helping others I'll do it for them.

The people who are complaining either are doing it for a laugh or are jealous they haven't got a pre-ordered copy of V themselves in my opinion and would be happy to see others suffer, which is wrong. '

Anyway, it hasn't ended yet and there's a long haul ahead of us and other people to help out and what not so lets keep the job going and ignore the idiots who are against it.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:38)
Just found this. As I said I'm not sure how accurate these details are so I advise not risking it.

http://venturebeat.c...cking-consoles/

Thanks Ryder15 for finding this;

http://www.joystiq.c...-45-firmware-u/

Please don't say that i've already downloaded it and installed it successfully what is bricking please explain?

RSoha
  • RSoha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Thanks OP. Ignore the bitches that are saying "what has this got to do with GTA".

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:56)
Just found this. As I said I'm not sure how accurate these details are so I advise not risking it.

Please don't say that i've already downloaded it and installed it successfully what is bricking please explain?

Its simple bro. Turn on your system and if it works then you're fine and you won't have to worry what bricking is. But this is what bricking is, I'm not great with the technology behind it but I know that it makes your console useless upon startup and you get a black screen or something and you can't do anything with your console. The reason its called bricking is because it makes your console as useful as a brick.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

When did this update go live? I downloaded one about a week ago, my ps3 has been working fine ever since so I don't think it was this update.

I have a feeling that I'm about to lose all respect and loyalty to Sony with the way that I expect them to handle the situation. Then what? I won't want to buy the PS4 because of it and the Xbone is basically just sh*t on a brick.
Hopefully someone else starts making consoles confused.gif

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 09:08)
When did this update go live? I downloaded one about a week ago, my ps3 has been working fine ever since so I don't think it was this update.

I have a feeling that I'm about to lose all respect and loyalty to Sony with the way that I expect them to handle the situation. Then what? I won't want to buy the PS4 because of it and the Xbone is basically just sh*t on a brick.

I think it went live today at 1pm Australian time. If you've just went on I believe they're removed it from the system so those who haven't logged in yet won't be affected.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 11:11)

I think it went live today at 1pm Australian time. If you've just went on I believe they're removed it from the system so those who haven't logged in yet won't be affected.

Thank God for timezones, I was asleep. Thank you for this mate, you've saved a lot of people, me included smile.gif
I hope people who have been affected by it can get everything resolved sad.gif Sony better handle this well.

Thanks again icon14.gif

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 09:18)
QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 11:11)

Thank God for timezones, I was asleep. Thank you for this mate, you've saved a lot of people, me included smile.gif
I hope people who have been affected by it can get everything resolved sad.gif Sony better handle this well.

Thanks again icon14.gif

Luckily I was at school aha. Eh I probably wouldn't have went on today anyway but who knows. I'm happy I've been able to help you bro, no one deserves to lose there console due to Sony making a human error and I'm glad to try and prevent the statistics going up by even one digit. No worries whatsoever.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 09:00)
QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:56)

Its simple bro. Turn on your system and if it works then you're fine and you won't have to worry what bricking is. But this is what bricking is, I'm not great with the technology behind it but I know that it makes your console useless upon startup and you get a black screen or something and you can't do anything with your console. The reason its called bricking is because it makes your console as useful as a brick.

Thanks to Almighty I am safe smile.gif thanks for updating Mikey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users