• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:01)
QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:00)
I give this thread a  cookie.gif   he is really sincere on helping people.

It's not like Sony is not going to do crap about it, the most this will do is save your console (not all consoles are affected by it by the way, it's mostly the old ass ones) for another few days or so until there's a fix patch

My console wasn't affect and it is about 5 3/4 years old.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:08)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:07)
Big thankyou to OP for raising this issue.

It has every bit to do with V as does anything... how can we even play it without a working console? This is the first I've heard of it and I wouldn't have known otherwise. If it wasn't for the OP creating this topic in the V section, I'd probably have a bricked PS3 right now and nothing to play GTAV on.

cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

So you really believe that if you were affected, there wouldn't be a fix for it from now until SEPTEMBER?

Hardly a logical argument against it.. no one in there right mind would want there console stuffed up even if a fix was released a month later.. lol.

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

It has every bit to do with V as does anything... how can we even play it without a working console? This is the first I've heard of it and I wouldn't have known otherwise. If it wasn't for the OP creating this topic in the V section, I'd probably have a bricked PS3 right now and nothing to play GTAV on.

So you really believe that if you were affected, there wouldn't be a fix for it from now until SEPTEMBER?

Not everyone has Heaps of money to roll around in, i freaking dont, and i work 3 jobs, got payments on the house, power, water etc, not to mention my dogs due for her needles and check up.

and not everyone is spoilt rotten by the Parents....

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Ryder15 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:11)

Not everyone has Heaps of money to roll around in, i freaking dont, and i work 3 jobs, got payments on the house, power, water etc, not to mention my dogs due for her needles and check up.

What does Sony releasing a patch fix have to do with how much money you have?

It's as simple as being patient and letting them do their job, not crying wondering when to buy a new console

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:14)

It's as simple as being patient and letting them do their job, not crying wondering when to buy a new console

if ones Playstation gets Bricked, wont log on, Turn on etc, Gunna need more than a simple patch to fix that problem......

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

If you had the option of it not happening I'm sure you'd rather take it..

Listen, keep on arguing bro, the more you post and the more I respond to you means the more people that log in at randoms times get to see this and perhaps save there console, I'm very happy with this said agreement.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 19 June 2013 - 08:20 AM.

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 19:08)

Are you a f*cking braindead retard. I'd rather wait 3-4 days for them to work their sh*t out, keep playing games on a healthy console, than to brick my console completely..... and if it doesn't boot up again like many are reporting, how the hell is it meant to turn on to download a fix? suicidal.gif

Also, the money issue, why would I buy a brand new PS3 when the PS4 is just around the corner? I can think of better ways to spend $300 or whatever they cost these days, than on a console I already own. It's not that I can't afford a new console - it's just a waste of money. Just think next time.

Here's a thought: maybe they did this on purpose to brick all our ps3's so we'll have to buy a ps4 at launch. ph34r.gif

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:06)
Here's a quote from my original post
"It's mostly the old ass ones"
I wonder where I stated that it's ONLY those... hm... interesting

OK OK, sorry if I hurt your feelings. biggrin.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:16)

Listen, keep on arguing bro, the more you post and the more I respond to you means the more people that log in at randoms times get to see this and perhaps save there console, I'm very happy with this said agreement.

I have nothing against this thread, just wondering why I see people here that believe their console won't be working 3 months from now

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:17)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 19:08)

Are you a f*cking braindead retard. I'd rather wait 3-4 days for them to work their sh*t out, keep playing games on a healthy console, than to brick my console completely..... and if it doesn't boot up again like many are reporting, how the hell is it meant to turn on to download a fix? suicidal.gif

Also, the money issue, why would you buy a brand new PS3 when the PS4 is just around the corner? I can think of better ways to spend $300 or whatever they cost these days, than on a console I already own. That's exactly why I jumped off the Xbox bandwagon after it got RRoD.

Here's a thought: maybe they did this on purpose to brick all our ps3's so we'll have to buy a ps4 at launch. ph34r.gif

Definitely a plausible conspiracy theory lol.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 19:19)

I have nothing against this thread, just wondering why I see people here that believe their console won't be working 3 months from now

How do you install updates on a console that won't boot.

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:20)

THISS!!!! I simply Cant believe it had to be said twice!!! by myself and then LotusRIP!!!

Have a Cookie cookie.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:20)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:17)
Here's a thought: maybe they did this on purpose to brick all our ps3's so we'll have to buy a ps4 at launch.  ph34r.gif

Definitely a plausible conspiracy theory lol.

It is interesting. I mean, one can imagine the thought process behind someone whose PS3 gets bricked, "Why bother getting another PS3 when I can just get a PS4 at around the same time I'd be able to afford one?" And there's someone who was basically forced to get a PS4. And planned obsolescence is a common tactic of hardware developers.

Just entertaining the idea, is all.

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:55)
QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:42)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:39)
What does this have to do with GTA V?

Please read the actual post before commenting.

I did, and it has nothing to do with GTA V.

Give it a rest you jerk... this forum has high traffic, if he posted elsehwhere it wouldn't get seen!

You are the type of person that when the goverment is rounding the people up, you will be taking it upon yourself to point out the people trying to save themselves and escape.

Dont like it? Move on, the fact you came back and replied to him insted of seeing it for what it is, is your problem, no oneelse.. baaaa sheep anuj_cop.gif

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

I heard about it just recently, hopefully Sony will fix the problem in no time. smile.gif

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

The good thing about this is that you can use it as brick when building house.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Guys, a mod - Xcommunicated - is reading this, if he wants it closed it will be. If not, just discuss the topic at hand.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

Adrian De-Silva changed to Michael due to R* Leak

• BUSTED!

Very nice of the O.P! I'm an Xbox user, but I would want to be informed if there was any potential bricking of my console, and as many are saying, how can you update your console with a patch, when it won't even load up? This is very relavent to GTA V as, id expect people would like a console to actually play on come September 17th.... And before anyone says oh there will be a patch by September, how? When the f*cking console won't even load up?!?!

O.P cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:20)

Same was said for PCs back then and it became possible, why wouldn't they find a way to do it on consoles?

Seriously no need to doubt modern technology, just be patient ffs

KyleN
  • KyleN

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Rules are still rules. This should not be in the GTAV section. Hopefully you got a warning.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

It's not like Sony is not going to do crap about it, the most this will do is save your console (not all consoles are affected by it by the way, it's mostly the old ass ones) for another few days or so until there's a fix patch

Ok, so it bricks the console to the point it wont boot... how do you supose one would go about getting their fix patch if the console wont boot?

I know in Unicorn land Sony MUST do somthing becuase we have rights, and they will send a small sony branded umpa-lumpa round to fix it... but we live here on earth... unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

This isn't a quick fix by all means. There are over 100 million registered PSN users in the world, this will last weeks, people will not see this and be affected, by no means is there a quick fix to the situation, grow up.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:29)

Ok, so it bricks the console to the point it wont boot... how do you supose one would go about getting their fix patch if the console wont boot?

I know in Unicorn land Sony MUST do somthing becuase we have rights, and they will send a small sony branded umpa-lumpa round to fix it... but we live here on earth... unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

This!!!! icon14.gif HaHa

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (KyleN @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 08:29)
Rules are still rules. This should not be in the GTAV section. Hopefully you got a warning.

lol the world is going to chew you up and spit you out one day little lamb lol!!!!! mercie_blink.gif suicidal.gif

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

And hopefully you're going to be banned!

What's wrong with helping people??

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

I hope you get a warning for being stubborn. If something could effect you wouldn't you like to be inform about it?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 03:29)
unless you brought your fat ps3 in the last 2 years or w/e the warrenty period is (which i doubt anyone did...), you aren't going to get much help...

That is just terrible that a company can be directly responsible for their product breaking down, yet they aren't held responsible.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Cheers for the heads up.

A dead console is the last thing I'd want 89 days from release.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

• BUSTED!

Tbh, this should e moved into the NEWS SECTION!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users