Modding the gta3.img in gta Vice City

4 replies to this topic
Hector Lavoe
  • Hector Lavoe

Hector

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Right, recently I have bought the GTA Trilogy for my PC and at one point I decided to mod my gta3.img for gta vice city using GGMM I installed the cars and the different models did show up fine in that program, but when I went in game the cars still looked the same as the originals.

I have also been editing the audio using a audio converter and the files are clearly updated, but the game still plays the same sounds.

Can anyone explain to me please why this happens and please if there is fixes for this send me the link, I have spent hours searching for a solution but nothing has come up.

PS: I am not a noob to modding gta as I have been installing car mods for San Andreas and editing the different .cfg files for ages and they all work first time.

(I already had San Andreas on my PC when I bought the trilogy, but buying the trilogy was cheaper than buying III and VC separate. [I never use the trilogy version of SA as I still use my stand alone copy])

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
8gb of RAM
2tb hard drive.

I have never had problems on this PC with gta lag (except from when I once modded every single thing in SA then I had rendering issues).

Hector Lavoe
  • Hector Lavoe

Hector

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Please help, someone.

Hector Lavoe
  • Hector Lavoe

Hector

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Anyone?

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Odds are it's an AppData issue. Try looking in C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

If you find a Rockstar Games folder delete it.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Have you removed the read-only attribute from the files?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users