Photo

Cant start game

2 replies to this topic
FyD
  • FyD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

hey guys, i just installed gta IV, i registered at this social club and when i start the gta 4 exe i get this window

user posted image

if i click to play game offline, it tells me that im not signed in in the social club. and i have to be signed in to play online and upload stuff.

but WHY do i have to be signed in to play ONLINE when i click on PLAY OFFLINE.... WHAT THE f*ck seriously

and if i click to play it online the window just closes and nothing happens

any help appreciated, thx in advance

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Make sure you've got these installed: Games for Windows Live Update, the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & .NET Framework 3.5. Try to install the Games for Windows Live Update firstly, and see if it works. If it does, there's no need to install the patch and the .NET Framework 3.5. You might also make use of the Rockstar Games Social Club Update. You also have xliveless as an option to bypass Games for Windows Live, but it'll disable online play and will move your save files (if you've got any) - everything can be restored by removing the xlive.dll file though.

Besides, where do you have the game from? Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

FyD
  • FyD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

i bought it from my local store, i installed the games for windows live update. seems like it starts working now

we'll see

thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users