http://news.xbox.com...%...1 - jpg.jpg
http://news.xbox.com...%...2 - jpg.jpg

http://image.noelsha...se-commodus.jpg
http://image.noelsha...se-marius-1.jpg
http://image.noelsha...se-marius-2.jpg
http://image.noelsha...e-vitallion.jpg
http://image.noelsha...ryse-palace.jpg
http://assets.sbnati...21577/wide3.jpg

Who said that the Hardware is too weak for Next Gen?
I mean it has a little Aliasing and some low res textures. But these low res textures are really only visible when like as near as in that screen and even then you have to search it to see it. Even Crysis 3 has low res textures on some parts of the cloths so not even something worth the mention

Gameplay impressions:

The melee fighting that began shortly thereafter felt very similar to Batman:ArkhamCity, with the basic principle being to strike with the X button and counter with the shield using the A button. I usually found myself facing at least two enemies at a time, which meant shifting directions with the left stick to block an attack and continue my attack flow. The main difference is that after landing a couple of basic strikes on an enemy a button prompt appears above his head - usually it’d be the B button icon - and when pushed something bloody happens.

Instead of incapacitating thugs with gadgets in the Batman style, you stab them through the neck with a Roman gladius sword. Or throw them on the ground and curb-stomp them. Or just bash their faces in with a shield. I did notice the execution animations repeating a little in the short time I played – more than one barbarian met his end via spontaneous tonsillectomy or by being contextually bashed against a wall when conveniently positioned - so I asked how many we’d see in the final product. “Over 100,” promised the Crytek rep – an answer which left me feeling pretty good about the odds of being continually shocked by new and creative murders. Is it a little macabre to find that entertaining? Sure... and perhaps it's apt that this is a game about a society that treated gladiatorial combat as a sporting event to appease the masses.

These executions aren’t quite quick time events, in that most of them are simply one-button prompts rather than a sequence, and failing them by pushing the wrong button usually still results in a dead barbarian, just with a smaller batch of experience points as a reward. That’s a good touch, since it does away with the frustration repetition of a mandatory sequence and lets the action continue.

http://www.ign.com/a...than-qte-combat

Playing through the hand-to-hand combat was surprising, as it's much more difficult than it looks.

Mashing buttons won't get you anywhere, as enemies will quickly learn what attack you're using and start to dodge. And they won't wait for you to finish fighting another enemy before attacking you - you have to move around a lot to deflect and dodge attacks from all sides, at all times.

After hacking and slashing away at an enemy for a while, a button prompt will pop up that allows you to pull off a finisher. These look like quick-time events, and they kind of are - if you hit a button in time then you'll perform an extra brutal move. But if you miss the quick-time event you'll still get your kill. It just won't be as fancy.

Seems like it not just a QTE Fest

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

DEM Screenshots, wow. Whether in-game or not. Love the architecture of Roman buildings.

Nice digging up.. Yeah I always said that this game will involve more than QTE. Seems like it's true, which is good, I wouldn't mind being able to go around slashing and normal fighting than engaging in QTE each scuffle.. though it seems that the QTE is only during a 'finishing' move. Which is okay in my book.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

I wonder how boss fight will be on this, hoping it's like in 300 where you go against like the most f*cked up things imaginable with blades sowed onto their arms. tounge.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (TrevorPhillipsEnterprise @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 17:04)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:50)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 14:00)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:41)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 05:23)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 05:35)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 00:54)
As always, Crytek produces a game fpr graphic whores...

Ryse seems to be a pure WTE game. they even said that the QTE complete automaticly even when you dont press the showed icon...

No what Crytek said is that if you didn't want to press it you could , but if you press it you'll get extra points and you'll get an execution ;

Link :

Still a retarded system. Doesn't justify it. Jesus.

Aha your opinion is a fact now, right ? suicidal.gif

And is yours a fact? No it is not, get over yourself.

I didn't offer my opinion , I just corrected you when you said that the combat is QTE

It is QTE. Do you even know what that is?

I know , it's when you have to press a button to continue in progress , and no it's not a quick time events , it's a finishing move and if you don't press it there isn't a problem , it's like Batman Arkham series and God of War

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I thought this was coming to other platforms as well? I kind of liked it. gameplay and voice acting could use some improvements though.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

From the crytek website-

Embark on a journey of revenge, betrayal and divine intervention:

Ryse: Son of Rome tells the story of Marius Titus, a young Roman soldier who witnesses the murder of his family at the hands of barbarian bandits, then travels with the Roman army to Britannia to seek revenge. Quickly rising through the ranks, Marius must become a leader of men and defender of the Empire on his quest to exact vengeance - a destiny he soon discovers can only be fulfilled much closer to home.

The game looks alright but I don't like the story or the main guy, I dont' want to play as a Roman I would rather play as one of the "barbarian bandits" and also his family probably deserved to die.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Maybe we're just Sleepwalking...

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Sorry for the small bump.

I've been hearing some mediocre reviews from both the fanbase and the reviewers. Guess it really is not worth buying an X1. FM 5 seems to have flopped (The fanbase says that) and now this. The only exclusive that sounds worth getting is Dead Rising 3 but I've never played any of the previous Dead Rising games so there is also a chance that I might not get into it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Played the entire game in xbone at a friend's house. It's a short game yet graphically beautiful. The plot is fairly straightforward, but not too bad. However, the gameplay was frustrating. It did make me shout out things every now and again. It can either suck you in or bring you out of the experience.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

I've been hearing some mediocre reviews from both the fanbase and the reviewers. Guess it really is not worth buying an X1. FM 5 seems to have flopped (The fanbase says that) and now this. The only exclusive that sounds worth getting is Dead Rising 3 but I've never played any of the previous Dead Rising games so there is also a chance that I might not get into it.

You really can't judge a console by its launch games. Look at the PS3, it completely shat on the Wii, Wii U, and 360's exclusive games COMBINED but started out very slowly with mostly mediocre games. I mean, I still think the PS4 will do much better since Sony has some of the best studios in the industry working for them, but launch games should not be the determining factor. And you can buy the first few DR games for like $9 if you look online.

EntretainMeOrDie
  • EntretainMeOrDie

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

God i hate QTE(quick time events).

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 07 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

You really can't judge a console by its launch games. Look at the PS3, it completely shat on the Wii, Wii U, and 360's exclusive games COMBINED but started out very slowly with mostly mediocre games. I mean, I still think the PS4 will do much better since Sony has some of the best studios in the industry working for them, but launch games should not be the determining factor. And you can buy the first few DR games for like $9 if you look online.

I agree. Launch games should be expected to be not so good. It's always been like that. If the best exclusives are released straight away, what the hell are people going to look forward to in the future?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

I agree. Launch games should be expected to be not so good. It's always been like that. If the best exclusives are released straight away, what the hell are people going to look forward to in the future?

Super Mario 64 was the best launch game ever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users