Photo

A sad day for me...

18 replies to this topic
Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Well, earlier today, my disc for IV broke unexpectedly...

In the morning, it was fine. I was Continuing on my third playthrough of the main story. After a while I got bored so I played some other games, namely Battlefield 3 and Hitman Absolution. Then about an hour ago, I placed my IV disc back into my Xbox, loaded up the game and started to play.

I needed ammo so I went to the one Alderney (the closest one to me at the time), and once I exited the store, the notification popped up saying the disc was unreadable. I suspected there were just fingerprints on the disc, but when I looked at it, I noticed a large crack running from the hole in the centre, to almost the outside edge of the disc. Needless to say, I got annoyed and quite upset. sad.gif

I was hoping to end my time playing this game by going on a rampage through LC the day before V comes out, but I guess that won't happen...

Of course, you are probably saying either: "Go buy it again!" or "Get the disc fixed!", and you are correct, I could do either of those two things, but I don't currently want to spend money buying the game again when V is so close and I'm saving up for other games right now anyway. However, in the future, maybe around August once I have more money I could get it again and finally complete my goodbye for this amazing game.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Atleast, you probably and hopefully still have the DLC.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Man, that's f*cked up. My disc broke too some time ago. The worst is that I bought it again and then EFLC also...

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

I own both GTA IV and EFLC retail for my PC. Regarding GTA IV I lost my serial code, and regarding EFLC I lost disc number 1. I feel your pain.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

There should be a system were all physical copies could be downloaded by inserting a code available in the package.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

I bought today the edition of the year and i still have IV and its both episodes.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

You poor shmuck, why not buy another copies

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

pity it is console . cause if you have a proof of purchase it's not illegal to download it from a torrent .

moderation will do what they want with this post

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I know you said you won't buy another copy but isn't it like 20$ tops now a days? Seeing as how September is still a long way from today I don't see a problem with spending that little cash.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

why don't you buy a second hand one on the internet . just find yourself a good rated vendor and here you go . i'm pretty sure you can find a copy for less than 10 $ .?

Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:30)
I know you said you won't buy another copy but isn't it like 20$ tops now a days? Seeing as how September is still a long way from today I don't see a problem with spending that little cash.

icon14.gif The game is great so it's worth restoring it. Besides if you have already preorderd V there isn't any problem.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

I just checked, and it's being sold for $15 new on Amazon (also $15 by Rockstar, if you have Amazon Prime), and you could probably totally get it for that at a used game store. If you really love the game money shouldn't be that big of an obstacle here. smile.gif

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thats one of the reasons I purchased it off of PSN, downloaded and no matter what its always mine! I do that with all the games I know I will be playing all the time.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Fr0zT uP @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:12)

icon14.gif The game is great so it's worth restoring it. Besides if you have already preorderd V there isn't any problem.

i'm sorry but you're wrong , that game is FANTASTIC lol.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well, on eBay, used copies in great condition are pretty cheap. I got a copy for $5.00-$10.00 (can't remember exact price), and it was completely scratch-free with a perfect manual/map.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

It's sad, because you aren't playing on PC to begin with.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

http://support.rocks...us_requests/new

Ask about Rockstar's disc replacement policy. Officially their warranty doesn't cover this but doesn't hurt to ask.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

What I can't understand is how can your console SNAP A CD? (scratching my head) I mean I have tried snapping one in half and they are near bullet proof. You have to practically bend one a little bit and then jump up and down on it to break it, how the hell did your console snap it?
Anyway yeah IV is cheap, go and get a brand new one for $15 it's the same price of a pack of cigarettes. It's not like a major issue. Don't buy a used cd with scratches otherwise the same sh*t will happen again.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

That happened to my PC version of SA. It had a crack in the centre and couldn't install.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users