Quantcast

» «
Photo

Favorite city

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you spend the most of your time? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you spend the most of your time?

1. Alderney (17 votes [20.73%])

Percentage of vote: 20.73%

2. Algonquin (51 votes [62.20%])

Percentage of vote: 62.20%

3. Broker (7 votes [8.54%])

Percentage of vote: 8.54%

4. Dukes (7 votes [8.54%])

Percentage of vote: 8.54%

5. Bohan (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

My favorite used to be Algonquin, but now after playing TBOGT again I would have to say Alderney, I find that city very unique and different from the other cities.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Sometimes I spend more time in some parts and other times in other different parts. Lately I mess around in East Holland (Algonquin) shooting the gang members and doing parkour. I also spend a lot of time driving in Alderney.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Well, if I recall correctly there is just one city in IV. If you're asking about districts then I don't have one particulary favourite. All of them are great and all of them got their own style and atmosphere.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 19:17)
Well, if I recall correctly there is just one city in IV. If you're asking about districts then I don't have one particulary favourite. All of them are great and all of them got their own style and atmosphere.

Yeah, sorry I meant districts. smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

My favorite part of Liberty City in GTA IV definitely has to be Broker. I just love that place, it's so diverse, full of very different cultures, very interesting and unique in it's character - yet it's so dangerous. That borough has the heaviest concentration of gangs and criminal groups out of the LC boroughs. That is what I like like about it a lot.

Broker all the way.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

For me it's tied between Bohan and Alderney. I like the gritty atmosphere they give off, especially Tudor and all of East Bohan. I think Alderney gets my vote because it's the most diverse area in the game, you've got a cut of almost every type of environment you might find a big city. I've also had some pretty awesome shootouts on Mahesh Street, probably because there are two gangs in the same area.

QUOTE (Elusion123)
QUOTE (Tycek)

Yeah, sorry I meant districts. smile.gif

"Borough" is the word you should use, except for Alderney which is either a state, or some division of a state. The Exchange is based on Manhattan's financial district, which is a small section of the entire Manhattan borough, so "district" would be strange to use to describe the entire borough. Not that it really matters, everyone knows what you mean, and calling it by different names than other people isn't hurting anyone.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Alderney or Dukes, somehow attractive.

Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

I think all of them are great but in their own specific way.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Null Vote. I like them all.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

I find myself spending most of my time in Algonquin, though I love the architecture of some of the houses in Broker (and Brooklyn by extension).

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Alderney and Southern Broker.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Alderney, specifically Star Junction, since there are many people and cars and therefore many chances for a mayhem.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Each of the city has its own unique traits and characteristics, but two are probably the most; Algonquin and Southern Broker.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 11:14)
Alderney, specifically Star Junction, since there are many people and cars and therefore many chances for a mayhem.

Star Junction is not Alderney confused.gif

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Algonquin and Alderney.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

My favorite is Algonquin. I visited NYC in May, and I re-played IV again to see how R* captured the Manhattan feel. And they captured it pretty good, I must say, with the long avenues, and the grid system. I also visited Brooklyn, and the parts I visited had the feeling of Rotterdam Hills, South Slopes, and Downtown Broker, the better places of Broker. I also saw the Grand Army Plaza and Brooklyn Public Libary, which gave me an nerdgasm, and made me think of how many times I have crashed trough into peds through that Arch. Broker is my second favorite. So comes Alderney. Then Dukes. Then Bohan. I love all the boroughs, but Bohan felt the least diversed, and was almost 100% ghetto, where the other boroughs had ghetto parts, but also had nicer parts.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Alderney, because as others have said, it's so diverse and gritty. One other major factor in me picking Alderney is the Plumbers Skyway. I love speeding along it in my Presidente.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Algonquin, The Dukes/Broker area is a close second though.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Jool @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:20)
QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 11:14)

Star Junction is not Alderney confused.gif

Oh, sh*t, I meant Algonquin, of course...

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Algonquin because most of the stuff are there.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

I love the feel that Alderney provides.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:30)
My favorite part of Liberty City in GTA IV definitely has to be Broker. I just love that place, it's so diverse, full of very different cultures, very interesting and unique in it's character - yet it's so dangerous. That borough has the heaviest concentration of gangs and criminal groups out of the LC boroughs. That is what I like like about it a lot.

Broker all the way.

I have to say I agree General. Everytime I play GTA IV Broker just has a "feel" like no other neighbourhood/district.

I love the primary Russian influence of Hove Beach. Ever go into those derelict buildings full of homeless, blood stained walls, dirty mattresses, used bongs etc?

I went into that building used in "Blow Your Cover" as I've never actually been in it during free roam and it's like walking into another world.

The grittiness of Broker makes me want to shoot my load. blush.gif

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 04:31)

Broker all the way.

I have to say I agree General. Everytime I play GTA IV Broker just has a "feel" like no other neighbourhood/district.

I love the primary Russian influence of Hove Beach. Ever go into those derelict buildings full of homeless, blood stained walls, dirty mattresses, used bongs etc?

I went into that building used in "Blow Your Cover" as I've never actually been in it during free roam and it's like walking into another world.

Isn`t the building from "Blow You Cover" in Bohan? Bohan is even grittier than Broker, even though I prefer Broker any day.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Killa @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 18:27)

Broker all the way.

Isn`t the building from "Blow You Cover" in Bohan? Bohan is even grittier than Broker, even though I prefer Broker any day.

Yeah but Broker is way more dangerous, no question about it.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 15:13)

Broker all the way.

icon14.gif Agreed. I got shot up in the back of a cab because my driver hit a Russian's car! cry.gif

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 20:13)

Broker all the way.

I guess that`s because of those crazy Russians in Hove Beach. Even tough Bohan FELT more dangerous IMO.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Killa @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 12:34)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 20:13)

Broker all the way.

I guess that`s because of those crazy Russians in Hove Beach. Even tough Bohan FELT more dangerous IMO.

It's not just the Russians in Hove Beach that make Broker so dangerous. Yeah they play a big part in that, but it's not just about them.

In Broker, you got the most dangerous projects in Liberty City, the Firefly Projects - that place is teeming with African-American gang members that will blast you with guns at the slightest infraction. The equally trigger-happy Jamaican Posses in Beachwood add to this dangerous feel. In TBOGT, the very violent Northwood Domnican Drug gangs also stalk the streets of Schottler in Broker.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Broker/Dukes and Algonquin. But I especially love Broker for some reason...

I spend the least amount of time in southern Alderney, the industrial areas...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I picked Algonquin. My favorite part of the map. Rockstar captured the atmosphere best on that island.

But if this was "Where do you spend most of your time on Free Mode online?" many people would pick Airport (if it was an option).

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I enjoy Broker. It's really diverse with lots of interesting areas. Even after the apartment burned down and Roman and I were driven out of town to Bohan, I would always return to Broker just to hang out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users