Photo

Needs to be a properly done mafia story in GTA

7 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

One thing I'm big on when it comes to the criminal underworld is the Italian Mafia. And yes I know some people are tired of it, but it's done nothing buy play a background role in every GTA.
III and IV the mafia had a reasonably big focus at some points, but you were nothing more than an erand boy. VC featured the mafia a fair bit, but it didn't fit the VC vibe IMO. Even Liberty City Stories, where you played as a mafia capo lost focus on the story a third of the way through.

I want to see a GTA story like Goodfellas or the Godfather, where the focus is on a man growing up in a traditional Italian family, sorounded by these people and growing up in the life, then working your way up from an asociated to made man, and then eventually Underboss or even Don. I just feel that a strong story could be developed from this.

Anyone else want to see a mafia based story like this?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Honestly, I don't think R* would ever make a GTA story revolving about only one sphere of crime or a criminal universe, if nothing but to have variety in their games.

Take GTA San Andreas for instance, while the game is heavilly influenced by the Gangsta movies released around the 90's.

The story cuts the gangbanging short after Sweet gets busted, after that you're introduced to different types of criminality, wether that be from Catalina's Small Time robberies, Woozie's rivalery with the Vietnamese tongs, the Diamond Heist at Caligula's, the Goverment's Black Ops business and of course stealing a Jetpack from a military base because a Hippie told you to.

If you really want a pure Mafia experience, I'd recommand picking up the Godfather games.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I thought LCS had a good mafia storyline, although the main antagonist sucked.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

...but there is already a 2k game about the Mafia...It's called Mafia confused.gif

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

If you want to play Mafia, play Mafia and Mafia 2.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

If there was to be a properly done mafia story in the GTA world, I would like it along the lines of Godfather.
Working your way up in a crime family, with specific businesses and shipments the family gets in which you have complete control over. I found GTA: LCS plot quite interesting although, I think GTA III's had more of that oozing feel with the Leone's they were complete bad asses.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Maybe Las Vegas or Chicago setting in 70s or 80s, when Mafia was stronger. Ofc with added other organisations just like every other GTA ,but yes,a good GTA with Mafia would be appreciated. LCS was good,but limited becouse of PSP limitations.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think GTA needs to have variety, but I liked the Italian mafia in most GTA games more than any other game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users