Internet slower than usual

1 reply to this topic
Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

For the past few days my browsing and download speeds have plummeted. Instead of loading pages instantly or at least within five seconds, now I'm waiting between 10-60 seconds. I usually use Chrome, but I'm getting the same problem with Firefox and IE. My wireless connection speed is constantly fluctuating, and even when it reads at the max it doesn't speed up anything. I hooked up the 'High Speed' connection with my ethernet cable directly into the router and browsing was still slow.
I've fully scanned my laptop with Avast, MS Security Essentials, and Spybot Search & Destroy. Some things were found, but even after treatment it's still the same.

The only thing that has changed in my laptop recently is a 'Install new updates and shutdown'. And even after a system restore to before the update, my speeds are still f*cked.

GTAF isn't too slow, unless I have more than one tab open. In fact, if there's more than two tabs of anything open you can forget about any of them loading within the minute (or sometimes, at all). The Google homepage takes like ten seconds to load. GOOGLE. f*cking Google.

I'm on XP. Nothing is hogging my CPU and nothing as far as I can tell is hogging bandwidth. Everything else on the laptop is quick and easy to load up. All I have running with the browser is the anti-virus/spyware sh*t. And it doesn't benefit my browsing when I stop running them.

Am I missing something? Do I need to call up my ISP? Or do I have some f*cking sneaky spyware hiding away that isn't being detected? I'm a dunce with this stuff so don't be afraid to point out something obvious.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

First of all do a speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/ and check if the connection is near the speed your internet is supposed to have, and if you can it would be a good idea to check it with another PC/Laptop to see if you have any issues.

Those are the basic things to do to figure out the main source of the problem, because right now anything could be the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users