• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic
gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

1:its not dead nor dying...
2:the reason for inactivity is: the designers (including me ) are realy busy with there projects,and are doing there best to make it as awsome as they can

after people in the comunity finish these projects of thers,they will be active again,this has happened many times and is quite normal for designers to be inactive + trust me,if i designer was going to leave,they would have let us know,nobody leaves without saying goodbye =P,just wait a bit and we will be back and active

and if you call this "realy inactive" then you havent seen what inactive means,once i was on a forum that i had to wait 3 weeks for a reply =P

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 13:46)
the reason for inactivity is: the designers (including me ) are realy busy with there projects,and are doing there best to make it as awsome as they can

Man, I don't see any mission packs developed right now -_-.

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 14:43)
the reason for inactivity is: the designers (including me ) are realy busy with there projects,and are doing there best to make it as awsome as they can

just cause they havent made a thread about them yet,doesnt mean they arent making em -_-

and as i said,DEVELOPING TAKES TIME

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 23 June 2013 - 03:09 PM.

@Nexus Because they are abandoned.

DYOM isn't dead, it's inactive. And every year it's more and more inactive, but this year is really worrying. All what you can see is how newcomers are posting Misson-packs and don't get any feedback and how older users are tried of making missions and they are going off topic at Designer's Lounge. I made MOTW (Mission Of The Week) game with hoping it will motivate designers and make place a little more active. And it was like i thought, but just a little little more active. In dyom.gtagames.nl it's different situation. Every day there are new missions (sometimes storylines) and every day there's new member and if you check 'guests online'. It says 60-100.

This week, i think it's becoming more active. Since i saw some designers are continiuing their old project, school has finished and newcomers are receiving some feedbacks. But keep in mind what we were talking about with Dutchy a few months ago. If you can't organize or you're too lazy to make MP, make something what's at your mind in that moment, single mission, like guib said: 'In the past the place was more active, but there were just missions, no Mission-packs, but million of missions!' And people liked to give feedbacks to each other.

-Andrej

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:05)
older users are tired of making missions and they are going off topic at Designer's Lounge.

Gota agree on that dontgetit.gif

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 14:56)

just cause they havent made a thread about them yet,doesnt mean they arent making em -_-

That's me. icon14.gif

Ricky_Stiven
  • Ricky_Stiven

Rudeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 14:56)

Exactly.

lol

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Ok, so it's safe to say that the DYOM subforums are a bit inactive. However, a more interesting question is if and how we can improve that...

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 23 June 2013 - 11:51 PM.

I decided I would make 1 more post in here. It is also related to the recent discussion about DYOM IV.

I really think it is safe to say, IV DYOM ain't happening! (Yes ain't tounge.gif haha) If we are worrying about DYOM for San Andreas dying, then IV probably won't last more than a few weeks.. Also if you compare the reactions on which game is "better" or has more variety, San Andreas has hardly disappointed people. It still upsets people that there is not enough things to do in IV. I know some people will and can argue against this, but we have to think realistically about it.

I also have a feeling that some people think that DYOM v8 would bring some life back into it, but the inactivity problem is not the mod. There are missions uploaded every day on the website, so it shows people are still using it. I don't want to break the news, and this is only my opinion, but I believe the mod development is coming close to an end.. DYOM v7 is already showing some signs of instability, and there is just only so much that can be added. I remember hearing this many times from Dutchy and Patrick at some point, but most people believe DYOM was impossible to implement to the game.

Now that does not mean another version is not possible, we could very much see another update, but think of the mod like this. Unless there is another idea, possibility, bug fix, function etc. We should consider the mod always finished. Theoretically, it is still in development, but at least understanding that it is finished, we never let ourselves down.

Now, I believe the part of the inactivity problem is because we do not play missions enough and show any activity.

If a system for how activity works around here. It would be like this:

1. You play missions and get feedback- You also improve your designing by understanding how to design it better.

2. You get a nice idea and are motivated to design, feed back is given to you to help you improve it.

Of course we cannot play missions if we don't have enough time to do so. tounge.gif

People wonder why the older designers are moving on? Some of us simply just got older and have college or jobs to attend to.. biggrin.gif

Also, feeling sadness and an in despair tends to become a domino effect, the more we think about it, the more it will come true. tounge2.gif Which is why I think we all should contribute to making this place active as much as we can tounge.gif .

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

And again I Say......Exactly!

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

and as one of the posts says "when will it be more active" ,the answer is...when we complete our projects,i am working on 5 HQ and HD storylines and each of them has 3 + chapters (30 + )missions,i take my designing realy seriosly,its like a miniature job for me

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 09:06)
and as one of the posts says "when will it be more active" ,the answer is...when we complete our projects,i am working on 5 HQ and HD storylines and each of them has 3 + chapters (30 + )missions,i take my designing realy seriosly,its like a miniature job for me

Agreed.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (daggerbomb @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 09:40)
QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 09:06)

Agreed.

Exactly! Ok. I'm done with that. bored.gif

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2013 "Sanny Builder"

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

The decline in the mod activity is not a problem of the mod itself. The modern generation is too accustomed to their buttonness environment and iNTERFACES, so they are mostly too dumb to make something complicated. Comparing to 2003-2005, there were even more activity and smart people around the modding scene.

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

What I'm saying is... I'm hungry!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

@Seeman: I don't think you're right about this. This mod is dedicated to people who DOESN'T know about .SCM coding, and don't want to learn, or think is too difficult to make a mission with it. The "modern generation" is not dumb. Everyone is good in some aspect. Most of the DYOM community may not be amazing coders like Patrick and Dutchy, or amazing tool coders, like you, but they are good in other things.

But you're maybe right when you say that they're "too accustomed to their buttonness environment and iNTERFACES"

Offtopic: First time I see a post of you in the DYOM sub-forum. Nice to "meet" you, Seeman cookie.gif cookie.gif .

I think that everyone can do something to make the mod more active. Like design missions. We can not blame only on the "well known designers", because they have a life and maybe they want to spend their time doing other things.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Roslina Came up with an Idea she called the 'DYOM Graders'
The idea was to start a team who will inform each other when
ever a Mission is posted by a Newbie. So that mission must/can
be played by the Team & Be Givin Feedback. One of the reasons
that DYOM Is not so active is because people are getting Easily
disappointed by not receiving Feedback. Most of the DYOM Players
play popular missions & ignore the Newbie's missions because they
are not Professional. Why not all of us just take a Little Time to
play those missions, Give our review & make DYOM more active.
Newbies will get more encouraged & invite more people to play.

What do you Think?

basket_boy123
  • basket_boy123

basketziga

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:28)

What do you Think?

I totally agree with that wink.gif

Ricky_Stiven
  • Ricky_Stiven

Rudeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

What do you Think?

Hey, that's a very good idea. I support. You or Roslina should open topic about it.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Target13, 24 June 2013 - 07:29 PM.

QUOTE (Ricky_Stiven @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 17:44)

What do you Think?

Hey, that's a very good idea. I support. You or Roslina should open topic about it.

Working On It!

EDIT: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=561876

Rosilna
  • Rosilna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thanks T13....
you are perfect Team MATE.....

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Rosilna @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 05:05)
Thanks T13....
you are perfect Team MATE.....

Its A Pleasure

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

if i was realy into it,i could have made a script myself,i am a master scripter,been scripting since i was 6,but scripting such a huge project takes way to long,and i am realy realy busy,that is one of the reasons why we use dyom instead of scripting everything by ourselfs

Ricky_Stiven
  • Ricky_Stiven

Rudeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 09:36)
if i was realy into it,i could have made a script myself,i am a master scripter,been scripting since i was 6,but scripting such a huge project takes way to long,and i am realy realy busy,that is one of the reasons why we use dyom instead of scripting everything by ourselfs

You're not a scripter.

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Ricky_Stiven @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:14)
if i was realy into it,i could have made a  script myself,i am a master scripter,been scripting since i was 6,but scripting such a huge project takes way to long,and i am realy realy busy,that is one of the reasons why we use dyom instead of scripting everything by ourselfs

You're not a scripter.

what would you know,do you know me irl?

Ricky_Stiven
  • Ricky_Stiven

Rudeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:31)
if i was realy into it,i could have made a  script myself,i am a master scripter,been scripting since i was 6,but scripting such a huge project takes way to long,and i am realy realy busy,that is one of the reasons why we use dyom instead of scripting everything by ourselfs

You're not a scripter.

You're only 14 (the game is out for around 8 years), if you started scripting being 6 years old. And you "Master Scripter" can't even write in capitals. I highly doubt you ever made a single script file. But since you're new, you may want to show off and call yourself a "Master Scripter". :|

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Ricky_Stiven @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:55)
QUOTE (gguywesker101 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:31)

You're not a scripter.

You're only 14 (the game is out for around 8 years), if you started scripting being 6 years old. And you "Master Scripter" can't even write in capitals. I highly doubt you ever made a single script file. But since you're new, you may want to show off and call yourself a "Master Scripter". :|

14...im 17 !

who told you i am 14 O_O,i am 17....and i dont write in capitals beacuse i am to lazy to do so,now stop telling people on how old they are if you dont know them in person

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

I Can't Stop Writing With Capitals, Weather I'm Lazy Or Not. whatsthat.gif

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Look,everyone has atleast 1 negative thing ,nobody is perfect =P,my bad side is that i am lazy sometimes

but we are going off topic,so lets not change the subject ok?

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 26 June 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Yeah, master scripter, sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

i wasnt braging you know,i just said what i have been doing most of my life,please dont act like a kid and lets get back to the original subject

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users