Isn't VCS beautiful?

31 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

user posted image

I love the orange and mixture of colours that makes the sky so nice. Random thread, I know..but it was on my mind. smile.gif

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Do you have to wait for a certain mission for the helicopter to appear on the east island ?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

No, the police helicopter on the east island is there from the very beginning.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

I do find myself liking vcs vice city more than vc, but I dunno why. Maybe I was too young to fully appreciate vc. smile.gif

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Something about the colour palet, I don't know what it is... VC felt like I was watching Scarface, whereas VCS felt like I was watching an episode of Miami Vice.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm one of the few people who enjoy VCS more than VC. I love how bright VC is in VCS. It provides a wonderful feeling.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

It really is a beautiful game, I never really got to notice it much on the PSP but once I tried out the PS2 classic version on the PS3 and then the PC mod I realized just how amazing it is.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

VCS and TBOGT are in my opinion the best GTA games. Maybe it's because of the weather, or, I don't know, that thing, that magic.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:17)
I'm one of the few people who enjoy VCS more than VC. I love how bright VC is in VCS. It provides a wonderful feeling.

The same about me. No doubt, VC was great for me, it awed me from the very first minute I played it... I literally fell in love with the city.
But when I picked up VCS for the first time... I loved the city even more. The most majestic thing for me during my first days of playing VCS was to cruise around the city in a Sanchez listening to Emotion 98.3 - it is impossible to describe how I felt...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 13:36)
QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:17)

The same about me. No doubt, VC was great for me, it awed me from the very first minute I played it... I literally fell in love with the city.
But when I picked up VCS for the first time... I loved the city even more. The most majestic thing for me during my first days of playing VCS was to cruise around the city in a Sanchez listening to Emotion 98.3 - it is impossible to describe how I felt...

I understand how you felt completely. I loved the original VC very much, too, but VCS made me love Vice City even more. Just thinking about VC at night with all the beautiful lights makes me all warm and fuzzy. blush.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

VCS is beautiful. The Scenery is so good it amazes me how a game can do it. This is why I love Vice City, it is a great city, so nice and beautiful and the soundtrack in both VC and VCS is absolutely Phenomenal. So yeah.... what a great game man icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 14:12)
VCS is beautiful. The Scenery is so good it amazes me how a game can do it. This is why I love Vice City, it is a great city, so nice and beautiful and the soundtrack in both VC and VCS is absolutely Phenomenal. So yeah.... what a great game man icon14.gif

Words can't describe how great of a job Rockstar did capturing that 80's Miami vibe in VC. The soundtracks of VC/VCS is superb, too, as you said. I love every song that was chosen for both games.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 18:16)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 14:12)
VCS is beautiful. The Scenery is so good it amazes me how a game can do it. This is why I love Vice City, it is a great city, so nice and beautiful and the soundtrack in both VC and VCS is absolutely Phenomenal. So yeah.... what a great game icon14.gif

Words can't describe how great of a job Rockstar did capturing that 80's Miami vibe in VC. The soundtracks of VC/VCS is superb, too, as you said. I love every song that was chosen for both games.

Yes, as I have said over the past couple of days, Rockstar really know how to make good games tounge2.gif
]

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I miss this game. I loved it on PSP, but my PSP was stolen angry.gif Nowadays I have an original Xbox and no Vice City Stories sad.gif

VinceDark
  • VinceDark

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

I liked the graphics are better than the first Vice City.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

its very awesome

Lefties_Rule_The_World
  • Lefties_Rule_The_World

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

Of course! It's almost as beautiful as VC.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Lefties_Rule_The_World @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 19:03)

I actually believe that VCS's VC is MORE beautiful than the original VC. I just love all of the beautiful lights. inlove.gif

Vojta
  • Vojta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

I love VCS colors! <3

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

The most beautiful one of all! Love love love washing the sky turn pink and orange!

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 23:40)
QUOTE (Lefties_Rule_The_World @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 19:03)

I actually believe that VCS's VC is MORE beautiful than the original VC. I just love all of the beautiful lights. inlove.gif

Who doesn't love all those bright lights at night. wink.gif

Vicecitystories
  • Vicecitystories

Cheat Maker

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

If I as a vice city stories cheat dev was to release a mind blowing full game modification for almost everything, if you had a cheat device installed, would you play it?! I've tinkered with the idea and have a lot of progress with it so far. Just dunno if people out there are still playing vcs and or with a CD or not.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I always loved the palette in VCS it was just so vivid compared to the rest of the series. Neon lights and the orange sky added a nice sense of warmth which the previous interpretation lacked. No doubt they'll be plenty who'll disagree with me, but the original Vice City felt cold, almost like a slightly sunnier LC, with palm trees.

• Tycek likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by Tycek, 06 September 2013 - 10:35 PM.

Vice in VCS was beautiful with all these neons glimpsing on the sky, bright vivid colors and wonderful sky that was turning the city into tropical paradise. VC was dull and a bit boring with the colors palette, so I replaced the sky with the VCS one and I got at least a bit of these wonders. 

• 02fishera likes this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

The best part about Vice City was the beachside and the huge lights along the beach from the hotels. Since in VCS I was limited to the mainland and never religiously played GTAs until GTA IV, by that point I started to get into the groove of missions and completed GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, IV and TLAD during that time. I actually lost VCS for both my PSP and PS2 which is disappointing because I would've loved to see the next island from VCS' perspective. :llll

I'm gunna have to go with VC as the dominant game just for that reason.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Had more fun with VC than VCS.. i dont really the bright colors in VCS, maybe its the lack of graphic quality too, dont know.

What i hate about VCS is that every single building which had a meaning in VC is in construction in VCS.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

I love VCS so much, i wonder why they didnt make GTA San Andreas Stories. I still remember the old bug when i was able to enter big plane that takes off and lands on Vice City airport thanks to Ambulence.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

I love VCS so much, i wonder why they didnt make GTA San Andreas Stories. I still remember the old bug when i was able to enter big plane that takes off and lands on Vice City airport thanks to Ambulence.

Both of the Stories' games showed the player what happened before the original 3D era games and how the cities became what they were by the time Claude and Tommy arrived.

Rockstar already showed us what happened before San Andreas. CJ was in Liberty City before the events of San Andreas and was forced to return when the Ballas performed a driveby on the Johnson house hoping to hit Sean, but hitting their mother.

Head to Rockstar's youtube channel and look for "The Introduction".

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

VCS is great, but they should have improved the graphics for the PS2 port. The texture quality\resolution is worse than Vice City, since VCS was a direct port from the PSP.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

in vc you can't touch the water or you'll die lol in vcs you can swim

for a while before GTA IV i thought white people couldn't swim in real life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users